2016 Skate America Ladies SP | Page 58 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America Ladies SP

skater85

Rinkside
The thing with Gabby is that she is still sooo young (18 at the moment). I have said this before, that given her power and her fitness level (a "Machine" like Meagan), I would not be surprised to see her be the first Canadian woman, to do 3A in competition.

Having Brian Orser in her camp, who owned the axel in his day, will help.

Gabby's 2A is her weakest jump, IMO. It's fine, but not huge height or distance on it, and the air position is already pretty closed to get 2.5 around. I doubt we will ever see a 3A from her. What I do think we will see from her is a 4T. Her 3Ts have the height and space right now to easily fit in another rotation. I don't know if she's worked on them before, but she has all the necessary things in the 3T to make that a quad.

artsciboy

On the Ice
Umm, ...I am not sure if you do any research at all before posting, artsciboy? If you had, then you would know that over the past 3 years, Kaetlyn's best placement at SC international is 11th (2015). In 2013, she withdraw after completing just the short program due to injury, and in 2014 after breaking her leg that Sept., she did not compete.

Sure...loads of inflation there, artsciboy. :rolleye:

Osmond won Skate Canada in 2012 in her debut on the senior circuit. Her FS was shaky as all heck and she received some PCS scores that really helped keep her in the no. 1 spot. Don't get me started on her top 10 finish at Worlds in 2013 with her FS.

You're right, her subsequent visits haven't resulted in podiums. However, look at her output in the performances. Missed elements and still fairly high PCS scores in an effort not to have her plummet too deeply in the standings. That's just as egregious as placing on the podium with inflated PCS. So I did do my research thank you very much.

ranjake

Final Flight
It's funny- watching the SP on NBC right now- I like Ashley's dress much better than I did last night... the neck detail is pretty and cool.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Osmond won Skate Canada in 2012 in her debut on the senior circuit. Her FS was shaky as all heck and she received some PCS scores that really helped keep her in the no. 1 spot. Don't get me started on her top 10 finish at Worlds in 2013 with her FS.

You're right, her subsequent visits haven't resulted in podiums. However, look at her output in the performances. Missed elements and still fairly high PCS scores in an effort not to have her plummet too deeply in the standings. That's just as egregious as placing on the podium with inflated PCS. So I did do my research thank you very much.

Your argument is getting slimmer by the moment. Tell you what..., go see her live in competition as I have (there is a difference), and then offer an opinion, as opposed to ranting about how international judges called it 4 years ago.

Last edited:

artsciboy

On the Ice
Your argument is getting slimmer by the moment. Tell you what..., go see her live in competition as I have (there is a difference), and then offer an opinion, as opposed to ranting about how international judges called it 4 years ago.

I'm calling it like it is, just like you think you are. No "ranting" on my end and I was not the first one to be accusing another poster about failing to conduct any research before posting.

In any event, home country inflation is real and lots of skaters have benefited from it (Wagner, Gold, Bell) and it's a fact that so has Osmond.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
I'm calling it like it is, just like you think you are. No "ranting" on my end and I was not the first one to be accusing another poster about failing to conduct any research before posting.

"Calling it like it is", ...ya think? The results for both SC international 2012 and Worlds 2013, speak otherwise, but feel free to live in your own reality.

And speaking of 2013..., by Kaetlyn making it into the Top 10 in 2013 (pcs included), it gave Canada 2 spots and opened the door for others to be able to compete at the World, Olympic and elite level events, basically rebuilding our women's program. I know others including her teammates, appreciate this fact artsciboy. Too bad you don't.

To say that 'inflation' takes place in competition is one thing, that Canadian women have equally or proportionally benefitted from such inflation is delusional. Case in point Gabby Daleman, who should have won a bronze yesterday but was held to a second tier status, finishing 4th.

Last edited: