2016 Skate America Men's SP | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America Men's SP

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
To be honest, I don't really love either SP. Having seen both Ashley and Adam live for the first time, I will say that while both are excellent performers, neither one really drew me in. Obviously I'm in the minority! But I feel like both programs have a lot of posing and two footed skating.

I'm with you, Tavi. I kept waiting for the choreography to start.

The double standard is galling me beyond belief.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
OK, saw most of the tapes, too much to talk about, but...

since I spent most of last year p!ssing and moaning about Adam's mesh tops (and I like Adam, and I like this SP, I like the diva posing, what can I say?)...

That top :eekn: To pull off muscle boy in mesh you need to be a muscle boy. Obviously all you skater guys are in top shape, and you're also all 5' 7" and 130 pounds. It *does* *not* *look* good, I don't care if they wore it to all the 90s clubs when you were just a teeny tot...

:drama:

:laugh2:

Adam obviously disagrees with you and adores his own body and is willing to share its magnificence.

TangoTraumatica

On the Ice
Boyang was a life and light of the Men's event to me.
Spider man was a brilliant idea and Lori's choreo was fun, energetic, witty, fast, young, as well as charismatic. Boyang embraced the character so well. He fell but came right back to the choreo and delivered a great performance. Lori did not give him any break; the program is packed but he does not play a catch-up. He is on the music and in the character. This is the best SP I have seen this year. I love Boyang dearly. He is a diamond, a true figure skating nerd. :laugh:

I couldn't agree more. I really wasn't a fan of Boyang previously, but this SP is like...one of my favorites ever. And we haven't even seen it skated to its full potential (i.e. without major errors). I can't WAIT to see this program at worlds.

georgia

On the Ice
Adam was great! The competition was average until he came along and get us on our feet. If we want to gain more skating fans , that's what we need!

da96103

Record Breaker
I can understand why now Boyang said he is not upgrading his BV. He has been working on the PCS side this year.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
What I liked Boyang's SP is that after the falls, he didn't let the performance go. I agree that his costume seems to made of cheap material.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
boyang's costume is just a bad coincidence.. with Halloween next week, it just looks like he got his costume from the rack... and on sale.. but if he had released his program 2 months ago, it would have been less of a problem i think ;) also, everyone was expecting red and blue...

Rissa

Record Breaker
OK, saw most of the tapes, too much to talk about, but...

since I spent most of last year p!ssing and moaning about Adam's mesh tops (and I like Adam, and I like this SP, I like the diva posing, what can I say?)...

That top :eekn: To pull off muscle boy in mesh you need to be a muscle boy. Obviously all you skater guys are in top shape, and you're also all 5' 7" and 130 pounds. It *does* *not* *look* good, I don't care if they wore it to all the 90s clubs when you were just a teeny tot...

:drama:

As a female close to Adam's age, I thought he had perfect muscles to show off actually. He was hands down the hottest-looking man of the competition. :popcorn: 100% approval from me!

Adam's program and costume is like gay club on ice , I like it...... :biggrin:

A cros between "be yourself" and "do what you know and love" philosophies? Works for me. :biggrin:

boyang's costume is just a bad coincidence.. with Halloween next week, it just looks like he got his costume from the rack... and on sale.. but if he had released his program 2 months ago, it would have been less of a problem i think ;) also, everyone was expecting red and blue...

I don't think most of the world in front of TVs will automatically make the connection with Halloween, that holiday isn't nearly as strong in non-English-speaking countries. Especially not with the words "Spiderman, Spiderman" repeated over and over. I think Boyang made a good choice with the costume, blue and red would have ben too obvious and gaudy, trying too hard. As for expectations... it's good to defy them sometimes. :)

Last edited:

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Had to turn off the video, felt so uncomfortable :laugh:. I actually don't mind the music or the sass, but I just can't with that tank top.

Please Adam, those plunge V-neck sheer top Brian Joubert used to wear would have been great!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The tank top was actually the one thing about Adam's SP I did like. When you've got shoulders like that, why not show them off?

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Adam's program and costume is like gay club on ice , I like it...... :biggrin:
lmao I just yesterday managed to see all the performances & couldnt stop laughing :agree: Next Im waiting a programm to 'I will survive' from him!:laugh:
I need Johnny Weir commentary of this:dance3: I bet he enjoyed it 1000%

Im happy no one was watching with me (my conservative dad in particular:laugh: but he would have had a good laugh)

I wonder what 'my beloved' TSL thought of the music
I bet if a russian skated to this (or Ashley SP music) they would have called it trashy or something like that:laugh:
I absolutely loved both choices! moar club music in FS is needed!!:love:!

Last edited: