Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I21-23 Oct. 2016
Hoffman Estates (Chicago), United States

Short Dance
Saturday, 22 Oct., 19:00. UTC -5

Check out the time in other time zones here:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...=248&p4=33&p5=166&p6=195&p7=136&p8=179&p9=256

Start order
Entries

1Isabella TOBIAS / Ilia TKACHENKO
SD Blues: "Real Life" by The Weeknd, Hip-Hop: "Can't Feel My Face" by The Weeknd; choreo by Igor Shpilband
FD Pas de deux from "The Nutcracker" by Petr I. Tchaikovski choreo by Igor Shpilband
ISR
2Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI
SD Grease Medley: There Are Worse Things I Could Do and Greased Lightnin'; choreo by Barbara Fusar Poli, Corrado Giordani
FD Pas de deux from "Nutcracker" by Petr I. Tchaikovski, Waltz of the Flowers from "Nutcracker" by Petr I. Tchaikovski; choreo by Barbara Fusar Poli, Corrado Giordani
ITA
3Kana MURAMOTO / Chris REED
SD a medley of Ray Charles songs, including Blues: The Sun's Gonna Shine Again by Ray Charles, Jive: I've Got a Woman by Ray Charles, Swing: Mess Around by Ray Charles" choreo by Marina Zueva, Massimo Scali
FD Poeta en el Puerto by Vincente Amigo, Amor Dulce Muerte by Vincente Amigo, Nada Puede Dormir by Vincente Amigo, Poeta en el Viento by Vincente Amigo; choreo by Marina Zueva, Massimo Scali
JPN
4Yura MIN / Alexander GAMELIN
SD Blues: "Your Heart is as Black as Night" by Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa, and Hip Hop: "I Am the Best x Bang Bang Bang" by 2NE1 & Big Bang; choreo by Igor Shpilband
FD Cinema Paradiso soundtrack by Ennio Morricone: "Cinema in flamme" and "Runaway, Search and Run;" and "Love Theme for Nata;" choreo by Igor Shpilband
KOR
5Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV
SD Blues: "Mercy On Me by Christina Aguilera" by Christina Aguilera and Swing: "Sing, Sing, Sing" by Louis Prima; choreo by Sergei Petukhov
FD Prelude No. 20 by Frederic Chopin, The Four Seasons by Nigel Kennedy; choreo by Sergei Petukhov
RUS
6Elena ILINYKH / Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN
SD Blues: Big, Bad Love," performed by Ray Charles & Diana Ross, and Swing: "Sing, Sing, Sing" by Louis Prima; choreo by Elena Kustarova, Antonio Najarro
FD 'Slumdog Millionaire (soundtrack), Ang Laga De by Aditi Paul; choreo by Elena Kustarova, Antonio Najarro
RUS
7Alisa AGAFONOVA / Alper UCAR
SD Blues: "Why Don't You Right?" performed by Amy Irving and "Straight to Number One," by Touch and Go; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo
FD "Near Light," by Ólafur Arnalds and "Beethoven's Five Secrets by The Piano Guys, "Sand" by Nathan Lanier; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo
TUR
8Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE
SD Blues: "Feelin' Good" by Nina Simone; Hip Hop: "Hammer Time (Can't Touch This)" by MC Hammer
"Push It," by Salt N Pepa, "Ice, Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice, "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-a-Lot; "Apache (Jump On It)" by Sugarhill Gang; and "Turn Down for What" by DJ Snake & Lil Jon;. choreo. by Samuel Chouinard
FD Love Medley by various artists: "I Wanna Dance With Somebody," performed by Bootstraps, "I Can't Help Falling in Love With You," performed by Ingrid Michaelson, "Earned It," by Bootstraps; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil
USA
9Elliana POGREBINSKY / Alex BENOIT
SD “Trouble," performed by Elvis Presley, written by Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller (Blues & Swing); choreo by Igor Shpilband, Fabian Bourzat
FD Persian Legend of Layla & Majnun; selections from “Sadko” by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov; “The Feeling Begins” by Peter Gabriel; choreo by Igor Shpilband, Fabian Bourzat
USA
10Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI
SD That's Life, performed by Frank Sinatra and Jay-Z; choreo by Hokuto Konishi, Aye Hasegawa, Serge Onik, Marina Zoueva, Massimo Scali
FD Evolution by various artists; choreo by Peter Tchernyshev; choreo by Hokuto Konishi, Aye Hasegawa, Serge Onik, Marina Zoueva, Massimo Scali
USA

Last edited by a moderator:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Having seen the tech panel started to doubt IZ can get bronze :((((

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Having seen the tech panel started to doubt IZ can get bronze :((((

But why? Ponomarenko is ATS and if they're still with Shpilband (which is a big IF, considering the latest news, but still), his son is actually working with Igor, so they're probably on the good terms with each other. And yet, it will depend on their skating, if they progressed after last season there's a big possibility for them to medal. IMO, in certain circumstances they can even take higher place than the 3rd. :confused2: I would bet on them over Hubbel/Donohue for now, after seeing Finlandia Trophy... But they need to do their elements clean.

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
Sergei Ponomarenko trained under Alexeeva the year they won gold in Albertville and has a great relationship with Kustarova. It was clear he was prepared to give the team fifth place at worlds in 2015 if they skated cleanly.

I thought I/Z looked sloppy in the run through. They looked slow, out of sync, and you could drive a Zamboni through them in their holds- like a 15-20 team rather than Russian number 1.

Last edited:
Yeah. I don't see a medal for I/Z happening, technically they've regressed and this is weaker choreography than I was expecting. I'm honestly really let down. They're my favorite Russian team, but I don't see them making worlds this year.

Snow63

Record Breaker
I don't think their practice SD was that bad. It's actually pretty average and roughly on par with other uninspiring SDs of the season. Besides we haven't seen the swing part yet. And they didn't train some time because of Ruslan's injury and Elena's sickness. I honestly don't see how they regressed technically, but I kinda agree that their holds should be closer :hap93:

Edit: And Ruslan needs new haircut, it's a bit distracting that it's all over the place during the skate...:slink:

Edit: Yeah, after watching the Shibs and Bobrova/Soloviev I will probably agree that they look sloppy... Didn't find Hubbel/Donohue's video to compare, unfortunately :(

Last edited:

tvuckic16

Final Flight
So, I watched the Shibs, IZ and BS - SD practice.

Shibs look pretty good, I like their SD. BS look good too, their style as usual, hopefully Bobrova can hold those twizzles, but I liked it, I guess.

IZ were disappointing. I never thought I would say this but I actually enjoyed BS more, that was an unthinkable thought to me even a year ago. I really don't see any improvement in IZ with Shpilband and was kind of shocked. Really, it was same old same old. Same lift as in the past three years, same style, same everything. And I think they were slow!!?? Did anyone else notice or am I imagining this? Maybe it was just the video? Or maybe just cause it was practice...

Anyway, we'll see how they do in competition....

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@Snow63 Hubbell/Donohue were not at practice yesterday.

Last edited:

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
I see improvements in Ruslan's skating but as a team,I/Z look like a mess. I guess Vaits wasn't exaggerating

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know why ? I think I read he was feeling sick. I hope not. They need a good skate here. I'm also very curious to see the tweaks to their SD.

It was on the Skating Lesson's Twitter where I saw. But that's all I can kind of say.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know why ? I think I read he was feeling sick. I hope not. They need a good skate here. I'm also very curious to see the tweaks to their SD.

Later flight on Thursday due to Zach illness is what I heard.

humbaba

Final Flight
I seem to recall reports of Zach saying he felt bad in the k&c at Finlandia. Hope Zach feels better soon. :ghug:

Last edited:

elif

Medalist
World silver medalists skate in their home, russian number 1 is with them but we are talking about team of Ilinykh/Zhiganshin is very cool.:laugh: Their videos already watched 15.000+. If you count B/S and S/S together it don't came close to that. WOW. Talk about being a star Ilinykh.:laugh:

I watched all couples. I had to say B/S going to pass Shibutanis on PCS maybe not here because of home advantage but in season it is going to happen. Bobrova/Soloviev looked confident on pattern dance. Their pattern very clearly bigger than Shibutanis and their extention is way better. Shibutanis looks tidy but skates small again. We will see.

Snow63

Record Breaker
Is it just me or Ruslan's costume is the exact same costume Nikita wore during Olympic season's SD with Elena? :dbana: And some people were trashing Zoueva for picking Swan Lake for Sinitsina/Katsalapov, because it was Elena and Nikita's music...

And SD this time is so damn late... 4 am where I live...

elif

Medalist
Is it just me or Ruslan's costume is the exact same costume Nikita wore during Olympic season's SD with Elena? :dbana: And some people were trashing Zoueva for picking Swan Lake for Sinitsina/Katsalapov, because it was Elena and Nikita's music...
Not only that, Ruslan copied Shabalin as well. Can you believe it? I think both Katsalapov and Shabalin fans should trash him. How can you do that Ruslan? How?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6uDrkm-D1g

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
But why? Ponomarenko is ATS and if they're still with Shpilband (which is a big IF, considering the latest news, but still), his son is actually working with Igor, so they're probably on the good terms with each other. And yet, it will depend on their skating, if they progressed after last season there's a big possibility for them to medal. IMO, in certain circumstances they can even take higher place than the 3rd. :confused2: I would bet on them over Hubbel/Donohue for now, after seeing Finlandia Trophy... But they need to do their elements clean.
well he is ATS but look at the whole panel:biggrin: It doesnt bode well

Didnt watch the practice vids, only read reactions. Hope for the best!!
Will wait for tomorrow
Its at 3 AM so no way Im gonna have a sleepless night:laugh:
Good luck to SS IZ & BS!

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Prove all of them wrong Ruslena! :cheer: Good luck to all couples :) :bed: