2016 Skate America Short Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America Short Dance

charmblade

Final Flight
OMG was that voiceover line "We're gonna skate to one song and one song only" from BLADES OF GLORY????

Just when I thought I couldn't love the Shibs more.

andromache

Record Breaker
LOVED IT.

Not sure how strong they were technically or from an ice dance perspective, but that is one of best hip hop dances of the season. The music cuts worked for me, and their hip hop moves were good. It will become more effortless as the season goes.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think the US needs to figure out one spot in the US that can reliably sell tickets to a skating event and hold Skate America there every year... maybe Boston or something. The travelling circus like event location scheduling system bugs me as figure skating isn't developing in "meccas" like tennis has.

It's tough I know. :( I know saying the USA is so big isn't an excuse cause there's a limited amount of locations for CoR. And sameish with Skate Canada.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I couldn't catch the whole thing, but what I saw looked better and more coherent than a lot of the hip hop SDs we've seen this year. I just want them to hit a little harder on the hip hop choreo

Scovies

Final Flight
That was fabulous. I wasn't sure about the music mix when I heard it in the practice videos, but the echo-y arena and poor sound quality didn't do it justice. I thought it worked great. Plus, Maia and Alex actually have really good movement in their hip-hop steps. With a few other hip-hop attempts I've seen so far this season, the dancers seems far too uncomfortable and balletic and unable to get down into the steps. I think the Shibs did really well here. Being world silver medallists looks good on them. :D

Barb

Record Breaker
they are skating closer, even at twizzles, that scared me a little bit.