2016 Skate America TV & Live Stream | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America TV & Live Stream

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Jeroen Prins, with Haya Leenards. And just when I write this, he's happily chatting about recognizing many members in the jury. *rolls eyes* . He does some judging at events, but not sure when/where (not many big events, anyway). I think he's an Ice Dance expert. She, according to wiki, is also an international judge, and participated in a few Ladies events in the Netherlands in the mid-90s (dunno about outside, though seems likely).
Jeroen Prins, doesn't sound like he skated very long, according to this article he became a judge at the age of 18 (?!). https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeroen_Prins

edit to add: apparently he will be judging Ice Dance at Skate Canada.

I know next to nothing about Prins -- but am grateful to him for tweeting a lot of news from the ISU Congress earlier this year.

BTW, he will be judging two GPs this season. And for all the others, he will be giving broadcast commentary.
(Per one of his tweets, IIRC. I don't know where else I would have read anything about him. I don't think he mentioned his judging assignments by name, so I don't know what the second one will be.)

(And my thanks to you, Winnie, for your PM on an unrelated topic ;) :thank:.)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I know next to nothing about Prins -- but am grateful to him for tweeting a lot of news from the ISU Congress earlier this year.
Aw yeah, I remember now, he was the one with the ISU info twitter. Good man. :agree:
He's the standard Eurosport commentator in Holland, usually together with Haya. Unless he's judging, then she is joined by... okay, I almost remembered. I am terrible with names. I don't usually watch with Dutch commentary, simply because by the time the second event comes around, I miss the British guys too much. Also, they're a bit too European-biased for my taste (I'm a bit Japanese-biased myself, lol).
And you're very welcome. :laugh:

auser

Record Breaker
I would add the very good news that this year the ISU archiving is not geoblocked in the U.S. -- although the ISU live streaming continues to be geoblocked.

Many thanks to auser :bow: again this year for all your helpful information about streaming -- posted in in this and other threads.
Appreciate your many links to streaming.
Thank you for this lovely post :luv17:. I think figure skating is a beautiful sport. I want people who feel the same to be able to access it :). Being able to share the experience with you and other GSers makes for a richer experience :dance2:. Thank you again :thank:. And thank you for all the information you impart :bow:. I think we have corresponded previously, when you had a different username. Your admirable attention to events, facts, and details may give you away(in the best sense ;)).

Last edited: