8Adam RIPPON
USA
9Shoma UNO
JPN
10Jason BROWN
USA

Entries (World Standing order)

Shoma Uno, Japan (#3)
SP Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra ("Ladies in Lavender" soundtrack) by Nigel Hess; choreo by Mihoko Higuchi
LP "Buenos Aires Hora Cero" & "Balada para un loco" by Astor Piazzolla; choreo by Mihoko Higuchi

Adam Rippon, United States (#4)
SP "Let Me Think About It" by Ida Coor vs Fedde le Grand; choreo by Jeff Buttle
LP "Arrival of the Birds" ("Crimson Wing" soundtrack) by The Cinematic Orchestra, "O" by Coldplay; choreo by Benji Schwimmer

Maxim Kovtun, Russia (#5)
SP Bahamut by Hazmat Modine; choreo by Anna Bilibina, Elena Maslennikova
LP "Iron Sky" by Paolo Nutini; choreo by Anna Bilibina, Elena Maslennikova

Sergei Voronov, Russia (#6)
SP Los Vestidos Desgarados by Alberto Iglesias (The Skin I Live In soundtrack); choreo by Anna Bilibina
LP Exogenesis Symphony Part 3 by Muse; choreo by Nikolai Morozov

Boyang Jin, China (#9)
SP "Spiderman;"choreo by Lori Nichol
LP Avenue; choreo by Lori Nichol

Jason Brown, United States (#10)
SP "Writing's on the Wall" by Sam Smith from James Bond - Spectre soundtrack; choreo by Rohene Ward
LP The Piano soundtrack by Michael Nyman ("Big My Secret" and "The Scent of Love"); choreo by Rohene Ward

Nam Nguyen, Canada (#20)
SP Love Me or Leave Me by Sammy Davis Jr.; choreo by David Wilson
LP An American in Paris by George Gershwin; choreo by David Wilson

Daisuke Murakami, Japan (#21)
SP "Bring Him Home" by Josh Groban; choreo by Lori Nichol
LP "Pagliacci" by Andrea Bocelli; choreo by Lori Nichol

Jorik Hendrickx (#34)
SP Silence by Delerium featuring Sarah McLachlan; choreo by Adam Solya
LP The Battle of Life and Death ("Gods and Demons" by Future World Music); choreo by Adam Solya

Brendan Kerry (#36)
SP Singin' in the Rain by Arthur Freed and Nacio Herb Brown; choreo by Mark Pillay
LP Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack by Hans Zimmer, Klaus Badelt; choreo by Mark Pillay

Timothy Dolensky, United States (#52)
SP Awake My Soul by Mumford and Sons; choreo by Ryan Jahnke (SP)
LP Sometimes I Dream by Mario Frangoulis; choreo by Brittney Bottoms (FS)

Last edited by a moderator:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Brendan Kerry has stepped up in the world. He is not skating first! :biggrin:

:yahoo:

This one does come with a sucky downside though. He has to skate after Kovtun. So either Kovtun will skate well and ramp up the pressure on Brendan or Kovtun will have a disaster and suck the energy out of the building for Brendan.

Oh, and it's going to be at 3:30am for me. :bed:

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Right! Hitting the sack now so that I can be ready for the free skate at 3:30am! See you all later! :bed:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Boyang Jin in the first group... wow. I'm not his biggest fan, but sure hope to see him do better tonight!

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
After what happened yesterday, I hope the men can be more progressive in terms of giving a clean skate

Tavi...

Record Breaker
And since the Olympics he has coped very well with that challenge. GO Jason!!! :hap10:

True, and I'm sure he will do great here! Actually, with the news last night that the Chicago Cubs (baseball team) are going to the World Series for the first time since like 1945, I was all ready to say that Jason would land his quad today out of sheer excitement - he's a huge fan. Unfortunately seeing this start order, I'm not so sure - it's a long time between the 6 minute warmup and skating last, and Jason has mentioned that as one of the challenges he's facing with integrating the quad to competition. Still, looking forward to seeing that beautiful free program end the men's comp with or without landed quad. And really looking forward to seeing the teardrop spin - since it's my single favorite element he performs, I felt really deprived when he missed it yesterday!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Skating gods:

For the men's LP, can you please smite the screaming fangirls and fanboys in the arena? Especially Very Loud Screaming Lady ETA: or Dude? I would like to hear some of the skaters' music. Or if you can't smite them, at least quiet them down?

Thank you.

Last edited:

da96103

Record Breaker
Quad related questions for Skate America 2016.

1. Will Boyang Jin be able to change 4 light bulbs (without breaking them)? Will he increase his BV by doing 2 quad lutzes. He certainly needs it here.

2. Will Jason Brown finally land his first quad in competition?

3. Will Adam Rippon finally join the NTNSQ club? (without any carrots)

4. Will Shoma be able to finally tag a 3T to his quad?

5. Is this competition going to be a quadfest or a splatfest?

Come on boys. You fed the Rink Monster with so much food yesterday that its stomach is still bloated. Rink Monster ain't gonna disturb you guys today.

da96103

Record Breaker
Skating gods:

For the men's LP, can you please smite the screaming fangirls and fanboys in the arena? Especially Very Loud Screaming Lady? I would like to hear some of the skaters' music. Or if you can't smite them, at least quiet them down?

Thank you.

Is that karne? :rofl:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I've heard reports that some of them may be coming down with laryngitis. :popcorn:

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Meh, I wasn't planning on still being awake.... might as well just watch it live. Is NBC showing the entire Men's FS or are they wasting the first hour repeating the ladies FS?