2016 Skate America Men's FS | Page 44 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America Men's FS

ks777

Record Breaker
I haven't heard anyone describe transitions in terms of skating on one foot, lifting the leg or doing turns. Those things are relevant to skating skills and gaining GOE on footwork.
Some people have claimed, not just one but more than a few, that Shoma has only two transitions in the second half. What do you think these people are describing transitions then?

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Some people have claimed, not just one but more than a few, that Shoma has only two transitions in the second half. What do you think these people are describing transitions then?

Sorry I'm not quite clear on what you're saying - could you explain? That they aren't recognizing his transitions? I honestly haven't counted them myself.

ks777

Record Breaker
Sorry I'm not quite clear on what you're saying - could you explain? That they aren't recognizing his transitions? I honestly haven't counted them myself.
You don't need to count them, every time he spins or jumps, there are going to be transitions in between elements.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
You don't need to count them, every time he spins or jumps, there are going to be transitions in between elements.

Again your entire point is lost on me. I personally did not criticize his transitions but simply made a comment on what leg lifts, turns, etc are relevant to. Let's just leave the conversation here, okay?

Last edited:

ks777

Record Breaker
Again your entire point is lost on me. I personally did not criticize his transitions but simply made a comment on what leg lifts, turns, etc are relevant to. Let's just leave the conversation here, okay?
I never said it was you.