2016 Skate America Men's FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America Men's FS

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Oh, great, Jorik is in the first group... and Dutch Eurosport doesn't air until group 2. *mentally prepares herself for extended blabla about Jorik, how well he did even though TV viewers didn't get to see it, how proud we all are of him etc.*
Think I may stick with the Player livestream tonight. :laugh:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I keep hearing about the B.ESP guys being really good but I've never heard them. I'd actually be happy with no commentary and the TES box. I trust the CBC website. Using anything else worries me.

nox1

On the Ice
I like the guy who has the Scottish (?) accent. He makes every word sound so refreshing.

Yes, Scottish. Mark Hanretty. I love it how everything he says is technical and it makes the other guy sound very simple! :laugh:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Kovtun grabbed a gold medal at Eric Bompard in 2014-15 after an awful SP performance, so let's see if he can bounce back like that.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Ah it's Klimov as the Russian commentator.

And Boyang ... hmm ... he still looked a tad uncertain there to me. Hopefully he can have a good day today.

da96103

Record Breaker
I was thinking about Boyang's Spiderman SP and how Lori created the program. I could imagine Lori meeting Boyang the first time.

Lori: Hi Boyang, I am so happy that we can work on your program this season. Tell me what are your interests, what kind of message or story would you like to tell the judges and the fans. Do you want to talk about the pollution in Beijing, China's one child policy to two children policy or something else.

Boyang: I am interested in Spiderman.

Lori: Thank God (Lori thinking to herself: I wouldn't know how to choreograph a program about pollution in Beijing or child limiting policies)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Good morning. It is 3:37am and I am very, very sleepy. Even going to bed early does not help. Hoping to nap before I go to work since I am not being a responsible adult this morning!

Wow my computer is being an *** this morning. I managed to load up sportbox since I couldn't get CBC to work and now I have frozen Kovtun. This is why I hate it when Brendan skates first!

Woo, I got it working. Just in time for inexplicable dialogue in Kovtun's skate. :scratch2:

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
So far, he's not doing too bad!

Not seeing a lot of actual skating, though...?

Last edited: