2016 Skate Canada Pairs SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Pairs SP

Tyranid

Final Flight
Wow. Fedor Klimov shakes his head after DR finish their SP.

Grishin: "what's wrong, you're shaking your head."

Klimov:" ... nothing. They pursue a high technical standard which is well executed. As for the program itself, no comment... "

Fedore Klimov DOES NOT like their PCS. Clear as day.

edit: their PCS is ridiculous. 34.5....

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
It's the first program I liked by D/R. Interesting. Very good

I quite liked their last year performance at Worlds but this team has never been my favorite and their program always seemed kind of same. But I feel this is different program and diffirent choreography. Very well skated.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Gotta admit the program didn't quite gel for me either, maybe because they were so focused on the 3A? The music is odd (and I like odd).

Ok, good. I thought I was going crazy. I bet I'll like it later when they have a chance to smooth out the performance aspects.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It's a good SP for them. Nice choice of music. They really DO need to perform it more, but I'm sure as the tricks become more second nature they will. Good for them.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
That throw was AWESOME (is her knee ok?) :eek: BUT, it really disrupts the flow of the program for me, I mean did you see the preparation time for it?

Let's not ask too much of them in one step. The throw was just great as of now, they can still refine it later on.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Wow. Fedor Klimov shakes his head after DR finish their SP.

Grishin: "what's wrong, you're shaking your head."

Klimov:" ... nothing. They pursue a high technical standard which is well executed. As for the program itself, no comment... "

Fedore Klimov DOES NOT like their PCS. Clear as day.

LMAO... of course Klimov is shaking his head. If not for Ksenia, he'd be... well, no comment. ;)

Tyranid

Final Flight
A mathematician and a musician team up to be great partners.

Megan likes to crunch the math on their TES. I like that sinch I crunch the numbers for skater's TES myself.

But how the flip will she "calculate" her PCS score. Do it, Megan, I await an enlightening interview!

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
3 Xiaoyu YU / Hao ZHANG (CHN)

Music: Eternal Flame by Brand X Music; Fearless by Brand X Music

Blue costumes, silver sparkle

3T
3Tw
3LoTh
FCCoSp - unison on/off
5RLi
StSq
BoDs

Nice debut, big clean elements. Needs more polish and connection, but promising start

SP: 39.83+29.60 = 69.43, 2/3

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
So does China have an abundance of ladies whose hearts desire is to be a pair skater to Zhang? This guy is just scary to me, since last year. Not a fan. And for that Klimov comment, well...sure...if you say so. :slink:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Golly, Yu/Zhang brought the big elements, which I expected, but is it just me or does people feel a sense of disconnect watching that program?