2016 Skate America gala | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America gala

ordinary person

On the Ice
Oh my word. Mao's EX......her blade work is exquisite. The attention to every minutiae detail is breathtaking. Mao doing what Mao does best. :eek:: I honestly only stared at her feet the entire time because her costume is terrible, even though I know what she was going for.

If it's just about a dress then i see nothing wrong with it other than an open back.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Mao was sublime... loved Boyang... would have been a great gala overall, if it hadn't been for The Screamer in the audience ruining practically every performance...

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Mao was sublime... loved Boyang... would have been a great gala overall, if it hadn't been for The Screamer in the audience ruining practically every performance...

Agree about Mao! Yeah who the heck was that screamer? Nothing wrong with applause and noise for the skaters but that screaming got on my nerves. It was like chalk screeching on a chalkboard. lol

Other than that very enjoyable Gala!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Agree about Mao! Yeah who the heck was that screamer? Nothing wrong with applause and noise for the skaters but that screaming got on my nerves. It was like chalk screeching on a chalkboard. lol

Other than that very enjoyable Gala!

It was a group of screamers actually. Some sat on my row and the row in front of me. There was some in the audience who turned around and gave a "can you please shut up" face :rofl:

wanderlust

Rinkside
I don't think Mao's dress was that bad. It suits the music perfectly, but I can see why some may not like it. She has worn a different dress for this program at one of her ice shows during the summer. Maybe we'll see the other dress reappear at another gala later this season. This is now probably my favorite EX program from Mao ever (and she's had a lot of beautiful ones).

https://youtu.be/qjfkqUiBPag?t=2m12s

Last edited:

penguin

On the Ice
I don't know that Mao's costume was the most flattering, but it was nicely in character and Baroque, and I'm amazed at how fluidly she interpreted her music. Loved Boyang and Jason too. The ladies were a bit ho-hum, I thought.

Last edited:

lady_bee

Medalist
I don't think Mao's dress was that bad. It suits the music perfectly, but I can see why some may not like it. She has worn a different dress for this program at one of her ice shows during the summer. Maybe we'll see the other dress reappear at another gala later this season. This is now probably my favorite EX program from Mao ever (and she's had a lot of beautiful ones).

https://youtu.be/qjfkqUiBPag?t=2m12s

Surprisingly, I like the "feather duster" better than that simple dress(^_-).