Skate Canada: Predictions Game Round 2 | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada: Predictions Game Round 2

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It always amazes me, how bad I am in this game and how others tend to always nail perfect scores. :) Looks like I will be fighting for the last spot once more this season :laugh:

You may have to fight with me for last spot! :console:

And me! Don't forget me!

It is so hard sometimes not to pick with my heart instead of my head.

I'm atually the opposite. Because of the process I go through looking up PB's, I find it hard to go with my heart. And when I do, it usually makes matters worse! :laugh:

My German is very rusty, but I think I remember how to wish good luck for Rostelecom: Viel Gluck (sorry don't know how to make an umlaut over the u here). Maybe at least one of us can win our way out of the bottom! :)

Here's a tip that I always use. When I was a member of a German forum for a Japanese band I liked, I always signed off my posts with:

[Whatever I was talking about]

Tschüß

Manami_fan​

But, like you, I had an English language keyboard. So, what I did was to put "Tschuess" into a search engine, scroll down until I got to a result with the traditional spelling (not this new-fangled "ss"), and then copy and pasted. And after that, it was just a case of copying the whole thing from a previous post.

That forum has long since closed down. But I continue to do that process even now any time I need a "ü" or a "ß".

And any time I need an "o" with an umlaut, I put in "Proelss".

Incidentally, since I just mentioned her, does anybody know if Annabelle Prölß is still skating, be it in Pairs or in Singles? I haven't heard anything about her for a very long time.

CaroLiza_fan

Weathergal

Medalist
And me! Don't forget me!

I'm atually the opposite. Because of the process I go through looking up PB's, I find it hard to go with my heart. And when I do, it usually makes matters worse! :laugh:

Here's a tip that I always use. When I was a member of a German forum for a Japanese band I liked, I always signed off my posts with:

Tschüß

Manami_fan​

But, like you, I had an English language keyboard. So, what I did was to put "Tschuess" into a search engine, scroll down until I got to a result with the traditional spelling (not this new-fangled "ss"), and then copy and pasted. And after that, it was just a case of copying the whole thing from a previous post.

That forum has long since closed down. But I continue to do that process even now any time I need a "ü" or a "ß".

Incidentally, since I just mentioned her, does anybody know if Annabelle Prölß is still skating, be it in Pairs or in Singles? I haven't heard anything about her for a very long time.

CaroLiza_fan

Thank you for the helpful ideas! Hmmm I remember Annabelle skated with Ruben Blommart but can't remember why they stop skating together or if she had plans to keep skating.

Alex D

Record Breaker
You may have to fight with me for last spot! :console:

It is so hard sometimes not to pick with my heart instead of my head.

My German is very rusty, but I think I remember how to wish good luck for Rostelecom: Viel Gluck (sorry don't know how to make an umlaut over the u here). Maybe at least one of us can win our way out of the bottom! :)

And me! Don't forget me!

Tschüß

Manami_fan​

CaroLiza_fan

Hehe, your German is impressive guys :thumbsup:

but, "there can be only one", to quote the Highlander!

I will now set up my votes for Russia and it is indeed the heart that so often decides the outcome, even though I am totally neutral... so weird :)

As for Annabelle,

I have no real answer, she has grown up and it did no longer work with Ruben. I was told she wanted to look for someone else to skate with, but I have no further input right now.

naz

On the Ice
ahh just wanted to say that the dance result is not on the spreadsheet

sorry to be annoying like that :laugh: