2016 Skate Canada Livestream & TV | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Livestream & TV

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well.. the issue with the TV programs is that often at the beginning of a show, while some of the less known skaters (I am talking about the LPs) are going, they will recap with the Shorts of the leaders/Canadians... so in theory, some of it is indeed live but not all. I found last year that I was watching the event 2-3 skaters behind as the competition thread was way ahead of the "live" broadcast... they finally caught up during the warm up of the next group. Still, it's pretty cool to watch on the big screen rather than the computer :)
Looks like they're covering the entirety of the event on TV live, not skipping over anyone. That's good. Wish they did that every week...

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
The Russians that we usually use seem to be showing everything live, except for the ladies short. There are numerous re-runs too.

cleo2070

Final Flight
The Russians that we usually use seem to be showing everything live, except for the ladies short. There are numerous re-runs too.

This sounds brilliant, thanks for the info! :thank:
Is there an online tv schedule where we can find the exact hours for the re-runs?

Oh my god they're streaming practices. That's code for, "stop everything you're doing this instant. You will not have a productive weekend and I'm sorry." :shocked: :yahoo: I'm stoked for this GP

Last edited:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
This sounds brilliant, thanks for the info! :thank:
Is there an online tv schedule where we can find the exact hours for the re-runs?
This is one of the Russian streams: http://1streamking.co/sport1ru You need to scroll down and find "Программа передач канала Спорт 1" and the schedule below. Click on the dates and you'll see the program for a day. You need every entry starting with "Фигурное катание. Гран-при ISU. "Skate Canada" в Канаде" (Figure skating. ISU Grand Prix, Skate Canada.) Then they name the field and the program.

All skates Moscow time:

Friday, 28.10
23:45 Pairs. SP Live

Saturday, 29.10
00:55 Ladies SP
02:25 Short Dance Live
04:05 Men SP Live
10:45 Ladies SP
13:10 Pairs SP
14:25 Short Dance
19:05 Men SP
23:30 Pairs LP Live

Sunday, 30.10
01:55 Men LP Live
04:10 Free Dance Live
08:20 Ladies LP
10:20 Pairs LP
12:55 Men LP
19:00 Free Dance

Monday, 31.10
00:05 Skate Canada Exhibition Gala

Last edited:

MeltedIce

On the Ice
I wanted to see Patrick, don't understand how they froze the stream during the Canadian star, in Canada!!

Just make sure this wouldn't happen during the competition.

Petrov's turn. Still no sound. And Patrick's practice was completely missed,

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I wanted to see Patrick, don't understand how they froze the stream during the Canadian star, in Canada!!

I'm sure they didn't mean to freeze it. This is only practice and CBC is offering a free service even when they don't have the broadcast rights for the event.

MeltedIce

On the Ice
I'm sure it was unintentional, but they could not have been unluckiest

I'm sure they didn't mean to freeze it. This is only practice and CBC is offering a free service even when they don't have the broadcast rights for the event.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Spent money on an Eurosport Subscription only to see they don't even show the Men's event. The one I really wanted to see. :bang: I only have myself to blame. What idiot would expect a broadcast? *sigh*