2016 Skate Canada Livestream & TV | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Livestream & TV

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Spent money on an Eurosport Subscription only to see they don't even show the Men's event. The one I really wanted to see. :bang: I only have myself to blame. What idiot would expect a broadcast? *sigh*

That's what the ISU stream in the Eurosport player is for... :agree:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I hate TSN2. To get TSN2 I'd have to change my whole TV package and I'd lose four channels and pay nearly 10 dollars more a month. So Blah to them. I'm going to tweet tsn and tell them they suck and I don't even care anymore. So I won't be able to watch the dance short/men's short and dance long unless I break my own personal internet voodoo rules about free streams.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Uf, just a moment of panic, because I also paid for one moth of eurosport, to see the GP events :)
That said, of course, there's no guarantee the Eurosport player actually makes the ISU stream available past Skate Canada. I'm pretty sure it stopped about midway through the GP season last year, or maybe not even Rostelecom. Just have to wait and see.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Of course it’s always nice to watch competitions when they happen if you can. Many of us can’t due to work, other duties, personal matters, sleep etc.

But as ISU SKATING CHANNEL uploads the whole groups complete with warm ups and kiss&cries I’m more than satisfied.

The Skating Channel doesn’t spoil the events while link pictures show random skaters. And I love that I can pause the event and play backward or forward whenever I want. Thank you ISU :thumbsup:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Of course it’s always nice to watch competitions when they happen if you can. Many of us can’t due to work, other duties, personal matters, sleep etc.

But as ISU SKATING CHANNEL uploads the whole groups complete with warm ups and kiss&cries I’m more than satisfied.

The Skating Channel doesn’t spoil the events while link pictures show random skaters. And I love that I can pause the event and play backward or forward whenever I want. Thank you ISU :thumbsup:

Which is great for you but for those of us in the US, it's geoblocked. Great way to build an audience ISU.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Which is great for you but for those of us in the US, it's geoblocked. Great way to build an audience ISU.

If you are talking about ISU archived streaming:

Reminder that geo-blocking in the U.S. *no longer* is in effect for archived streaming on the ISU channel :dance2:.
The lack of geo-blocking is new this season.

I can speak only re the U.S., but again: The archived streaming is *not* geo-blocked.

The live streaming is geo-blocked.

ETA (on Oct 29), update/correction:

Hate/hate/hate to say that it turns out that I spoke too soon :sad4:. My apologies.

Archived ISU streaming of 2016 Skate Canada International IS in fact geo-blocked in the U.S.

The absence of geo-blocking for archived streaming must have been a temporary thing only for 2016 Skate America.​

Last edited:

Just because the ISU channel is meant to broadcast in countries were nobody bought the rights. Kind of obvious, they won't shoot themselves in the foot.
Just delocate or use a VPN.

auser

Record Breaker

Reminder that geo-blocking in the U.S. *no longer* is in effect for archived streaming on the ISU channel :dance2:.

I can speak only re the U.S., but again: The archived streaming is *not* geo-blocked.

Bless you ice coverage :thank:.

YuzusHydroblade

Match Penalty
Heads up if anyone's watching from Mexico. The ISU stream isn't blocked here although it says that LatAm is blocked :D i'm watching it right now!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is anyone else getting zero sound from Ice Network stream?

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker

Exactly. Hope (like I thought) it's geoblocked nowhere :)

garf

Spectator
I have just subscribed limited offer one month free for eurosport player (czech version) - I can watch ISU channel, but there is no commentary, because eurosport 1 and 2 are broadcasting something else. Is there a way to switch to british eurosport with commentary as I see it here? http://tv4embed.com/uk/eurosport2-stream2.php When I visit eurosport.co.uk and click on the player it automatically jumps back to the czech version.

ObaFan

Rinkside
Sorry, I have a silly question:
How can I know if ISU live streaming is geoblocked in my country?
it's showing "! Sorry, an error has occured" message. Does it mean it's geoblocked or it's another problem?:scratch2:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Sorry, I have a silly question:
How can I know if ISU live streaming is geoblocked in my country?
it's showing "! Sorry, an error has occured" message. Does it mean it's geoblocked or it's another problem?:scratch2:

That doesn't look like it's geoblocked. Brazil is unlikely to be geoblocked if no network is broadcasting the event there.