2016 Skate Canada Men's SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Men's SP

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
Thanks you guys.........:agree: BTW, I would LOVE to see Tessa and Scott in person. I watched their show on TV and I almost feel like I've met them since I've seen them for many years. I hope they give the hometown crowd a BIG thrill. The practice stream is blocked in Ca. so I'll have to hear from those who are there. Good Luck and great skating to all.

i am not from there but I've seen his lp practice. https://youtu.be/fyTjH1kWcP0 i hope this help :)

Wisteria

Spectator
Does anyone know about throwing presents onto the ice? I'll be going to the event tomorrow and I have some cards i want to give to skaters but I'm not sure how. Do I just throw it onto the ice after the short programs? Is there an alternative way? Also, can someone tell me the dos and donts of skating events such as taking pictures and stuff?? Please and thank you!

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
stable and incredibly gorgeous

Patrick has something about him that no other Male skater has, including Hanyu. I just watched their programs back to back, Twice! If I were on that panel of judges, Patrick would be the PCS winner. There's no denying Hanyu's ridiculously difficult jumping passes but, he does not have Patrick's deep edges, perfect posture, or his musicality. As my ballet teacher used to say...Patrick "Becomes" the music. IMO he is the best interpreter of music since my all time favorite....Plushy.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Patrick has something about him that no other Male skater has, including Hanyu. I just watched their programs back to back, Twice! If I were on that panel of judges, Patrick would be the PCS winner. There's no denying Hanyu's ridiculously difficult jumping passes but, he does not have Patrick's deep edges, perfect posture, or his musicality. As my ballet teacher used to say...Patrick "Becomes" the music. IMO he is the best interpreter of music since my all time favorite....Plushy.

patrick is special. that's why i love him so much :) regarding jumps... let's remind ourselves that he still does 3 quads + 2 3A now in the LP... that's huge... last year at Skate Canada, he did one quad and one 3a only.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

As his coach Zueva sees it, Patrick is not just the artist but the art itself on ice. Her Rembrandt, she calls him.

mrrice

Record Breaker
As his coach Zueva sees it, Patrick is not just the artist but the art itself on ice. Her Rembrandt, she calls him.

That is EXACTLY what Ballet Teacher would have said.......Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

da96103

Record Breaker
Does anyone know about throwing presents onto the ice? I'll be going to the event tomorrow and I have some cards i want to give to skaters but I'm not sure how. Do I just throw it onto the ice after the short programs? Is there an alternative way? Also, can someone tell me the dos and donts of skating events such as taking pictures and stuff?? Please and thank you!

Yes, but try not to be that one person who threw Winnie the Pooh and hit a judge. :slink:

But if the scores of your favorite skater was not favorable, then by all means just launch your presents towards them. :rofl2:

da96103

Record Breaker

Plushy was an interpreter of music?

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker

To be fair Hanyu has no less deep edges now, Patrick is better in edge work while Yuzuru is better in varying speed. As for musicality it is pretty subjective thing, for me Plushy never was a great interpreter of the music, Patrick is good but not my cup of tea, as for Yuzuru I always have the feeling he holds his heart and soul in his hands when he skates. I also watched them back to back and while I appreciate Patrick a lot I love Yuzuru's style of skating, because it is very unique for me. I have to say that people are a bit stuck in 2012, Hanyu has improved his posture and his edges and he is miles better than 3 y ago. I love this words from EDEA :
But Yuzuru isn’t just about technique; above all it is his ability to interpret, to give emotion through his performance, which leaves the audience transfixed. When skating he bares his soul, abandoning himself to the performance, connecting with his audience and leaving them breathless. It feels like he’s not just skating to the music but creating the music. Indeed, during his performance, as his blades glide gracefully across the ice, Yuzuru is the music.
Original source edea site: http://ice.edeaskates.com/en/our-skaters/yuzuru-hanyu/

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
There's no denying Hanyu's ridiculously difficult jumping passes but, he does not have Patrick's deep edges, perfect posture, or his musicality.

As much as I respect your opinion, I very much disagree :)
Musicality is obviously very subjective. To me Patrick is good, has good timing to the music, but personally I'm not getting the same impression of sincere emotions that I get from Yuzu. There is something too 'taught' about Patrick for me, where Yuzu is more wild. YMMV.
As for the other 2 things - Yuzu doesn't have the same deep edges, but as much speed and IMO he looks lighter on his feet. Again, not better or worse, but different. And Patrick has more balletic posture, that's true. I love Yuzu's fluidity though, and Patrick sometimes looks a bit stiff to me. But as I said, I get your opinion, and different strokes... ;)

And no matter that, good luck to both guys (and all the others)!

Khoai

Match Penalty
Are you sure Mr. Hanyu does not have very deep edges? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1610393525875114/permalink/1791332927781172/

yyyskate

Record Breaker

remember, before, people critic Patrick about his music interpretation. Now he really has come a long time. Also, technically as well. tbh. when he decided to stay for another OG cycle. I didnot expect anything from him. Patrick really surprised me(many times). his coach choice as well. but his skating seems really improved.

kelleigh

On the Ice
To be fair Hanyu has no less deep edges now...

Sorry to cut the quote short so as to spare some room for my words... :biggrin: I am Hanyu's fan and I see him as the special one that he has a lot of things the others don't have. Usually fans do think their idols are the special ones so these admirers are called 'fans' :laugh:

Sometimes it is very difficult to explain, but I always find the passion and sincerity in Hanyu's skating which inspires me the most. I can't find that level of purity and beauty from other skaters. That is not about a standard, well-trained posture of any kind of dancing technique (though he improved a lot in it). To me, it is what it is. I feel fine that other spectators don't share the feeling.

Nonetheless his musicality actually stands out, he has a good sense in grasping rhythms, melody, lyrics and mood of music. He is especially good at matching the moves to the music. This can be told objectively. Certainly, people can always choose to not recognize it as a kind of musicality but personal feeling doesn't justify oneself as a PCS master. I respect people's right to say anything like 'If I were the judge ABC would be PCS winner' though I think it's rather meaningless. A number of Hanyu fans would probably say Hanyu should be the PCS winner, Fernandez fans would say so too and Uno fans... whatever, support your idols and unharmful emotional comments are definitely allowed while the reality doesn't change at all. Yet I just don't understand why people need to mention Hanyu specifically in a sense to praise their beloved one(s). ;)

mrrice

Record Breaker
Need to correct you there, you never know when Plushy would pop out.

Well, if he ever does.......Look for a black man in cowboy boots screaming his head of in the front row.....That will be me.....:rock: