Allowed to Throw Gifts at Hershey Centre? | Golden Skate

Allowed to Throw Gifts at Hershey Centre?

SmallAminal

On the Ice
My son and I are going to Skate Canada International this weekend. As an aspiring 6-year old skater, he is very excited to see the competition, especially Patrick Chan. He has quite enjoyed throwing a gift onto the ice at a friend's ice show, but we had to go right down to the boards and even then it was a bit of a struggle getting the small stuffed animal onto the ice. He wants to bring something small and draw a picture for Patrick and I think it would mean a lot to him to throw it onto the ice.

Aside from bagging the item really well, what is the general etiquette for throwing things on the ice? Does the Hershey Centre (venue for Skate Canada International) even allow you to throw things? I am wondering if there has been any backlash after the whole Blue Jays beer can throwing incident (Torontonians know what I'm talking about)

If you *can* throw things, is it appropriate to get up from your seat and move closer to the ice to toss it over? We are sitting fairly far back, but right at the aisle. There is no way either of us could throw from the "U" row. We don't want to be disrespectful to the skaters or to other spectators, but if we ran down right after the program ended, is this OK? Any tips on making a successful toss?

Thanks!

Daniel1998

Final Flight
My son and I are going to Skate Canada International this weekend. As an aspiring 6-year old skater, he is very excited to see the competition, especially Patrick Chan. He has quite enjoyed throwing a gift onto the ice at a friend's ice show, but we had to go right down to the boards and even then it was a bit of a struggle getting the small stuffed animal onto the ice. He wants to bring something small and draw a picture for Patrick and I think it would mean a lot to him to throw it onto the ice.

Aside from bagging the item really well, what is the general etiquette for throwing things on the ice? Does the Hershey Centre (venue for Skate Canada International) even allow you to throw things? I am wondering if there has been any backlash after the whole Blue Jays beer can throwing incident (Torontonians know what I'm talking about)

If you *can* throw things, is it appropriate to get up from your seat and move closer to the ice to toss it over? We are sitting fairly far back, but right at the aisle. There is no way either of us could throw from the "U" row. We don't want to be disrespectful to the skaters or to other spectators, but if we ran down right after the program ended, is this OK? Any tips on making a successful toss?

Thanks!

Hi there,
I don't think there's any issue with throwing gifts on the ice, as it happens all the time at every event.
Just wait until the program is over and when other people are tossing things on the ice. It's definitely appropriate imo to get closer to the stands to toss your gift over. People do that when they have some of the really heavy dolls.
Hope you and your sone enjoy your time there.