Ekaterina Kurakova | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Kurakova

icetug

Medalist
Will she be doing the JGP this season? Or just challengers? Or both?

I bet Polish Fed is still on holidays ;)
Katia got ISU certificate just recently so she couldn't have been officialy taken into consideration while France JGP was announced. There will be no Polish skaters in Lake Placid, but it's still a spot for a Polish lady in Riga JGP and I hope she gets it, together with another spot in Gdańsk. I really believe the Fed gives her possibility of taking part both in junior and senior (here of course on a base of 4Nationals results) competitions this season.

icetug

Medalist
So the day Katia is officially representing Poland on wide international stage has come. Good luck! Powodzenia! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
She was definitely sweet today, with the smile, the dress, the bright hair :luv17:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
She was absolutely delightful! I was prepared for her to be lowballed skating for a small fed, sadly. I just know that she should get a gold medal for charisma alone. What a performer! There are very few ladies who I find that exciting to watch, but she is really special.

kalee

On the Ice
Nice skate and she seems to have matured so much! And it feels like she was lowballed... how could she nail all the jumps and still be below 60?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Nice skate and she seems to have matured so much! And it feels like she was lowballed... how could she nail all the jumps and still be below 60?

According to protocols her both jumps of her combo were UR :shrug:

Rashela

On the Ice
Her animated face reminded me of Elena Radionova during her JGP years. :love:
Good luck to her today!

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I noticed her for the first time yesterday (sorry, I usually don't closely follow the Ladies division :slink: ) She totally won my heart immediately. What a presence, what a performer, she is so charming, practically twinkling on the ice!!!! She even reminds me a bit of Oksana Baiul. She did well to switch to Poland, this way she will have much better chance in coming years. Being a part of TCC should help as well. Will definitely watch out for her.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Katia was simply amazing today and yesterday as well. So much energy, so charming. Her performances made me smile. And I noticed a cute moment in the K&C today as well. Can‘t post the exact time stamp because I‘m on my phone but it‘s shortly before she gets her scores. Her and the coaches are sitting and all of them hold a plushie. Katia starts sort if waving with its hands a little and tells Brian to do it with his plushie too, saying “Come on!“ He smiles and does. She‘s just such a ray of sunshine and skated well too. Top 5! :clap:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
What a charismatic skater she is! I enjoyed seeing her radiate with joy.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
She got a new fan in me! So charming! Funny how she seems to remind people of different skaters - for me her face is remindful of Katia Gordeeva. I will definitely be looking out for her in the future!

luizgustavo

Spectator
New fan over here as well! Such a joy to watch, it's so amazing how much fun she was having out there in the ice! Can't wait to see more of Ekaterina and I'm glad she's on the list of the JGP stop in Poland!

DenissVFan

Medalist
Katia will skate 28th (3rd in the 6th group) tomorrow. Good luck!

I hope that this week or at some point this season she manages to top her SB by a couple of points to be considered for (a) senior GP spot(s) next year.