Ekaterina Kurakova | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Kurakova

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Possibilities...injury, or planning to go senior :confused: But the latter doesn't seem likely although she is age eligible. I can't see why she wouldn't have been invited, since there are 15 boys who got invites and not that many girls. Hope everything is ok.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Kurakova won Mordovian Ornament in Senior Ladies - http://www.fsrussia.ru/results/1718/mordovian_ornament2017/index.htm
Score 191.32 (4 points Bonus for spins), but 3 URs in FS including 3Lz+1Lo<+3F (other two URs on triples).

That competition happened in 2016. :)

Katia performed at the opening of an outdoor ice rink yesterday with Averbukh, Petrova/Tikhonov & Volosozhar/Trankov:

https://www.facebook.com/averbukhof...738972006430/1613735008673493/?type=3&theater

There are a few more pics of her if you scroll to the right. I would be freezing my ___ off out there dressed like that, but she is a trooper!

Mawwerg

Final Flight
That competition happened in 2016. :)

Katia performed at the opening of an outdoor ice rink yesterday with Averbukh, Petrova/Tikhonov & Volosozhar/Trankov:

https://www.facebook.com/averbukhof...738972006430/1613735008673493/?type=3&theater

There are a few more pics of her if you scroll to the right. I would be freezing my ___ off out there dressed like that, but she is a trooper!

The page looks new and was recently updated. So, I think they just forgot to change the year copying previous season page.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Update - it seems like Katia is actually going to play Alice in Averbukh's ice show. What a fantastic opportunity! Not being one of the top girls can still have its benefits :)

https://life.ru/t/шоу/1066234/v_mos..._ghlavnoi_roli_v_shou_alisa_v_stranie_chudies

Ilya Averbukh revealed several secrets of the mysterious production: "In the role of Alisa we have Katya Kurakova, I am confident that Katya has a great future." In the training sessions, I saw in her performance the quadruple Salchov is an absolute exclusive! Immediately after the performance, she will go to the Russian championship among juniors, where she will compete for the right to compete at the World Junior Championships, she has everything for this - she brilliantly passed the stages of the Cup of Russia.I hope that, speaking in such a constellation of champions together with two-time Olympic champions Tatyana Volosozhar and Ma Sim Trankovym, two-time Olympic champion Katia Gordeeva, world and European champions Maria Petrova and Alexei Tikhonov - Katya will rise even more mobilization and desire to train more and more performance will be sunny, bright, Christmas and of course!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I really hope she can have a breakthrough at Junior Nats. There are just too many girls fighting for too few spots. She's so underrated! And I ship her with Georgy Kunitsa :laugh:

icetug

Medalist
Katia is going to participate in the Season Opening Competition in Oswiecim, Poland, on the September 14th-16th. She's listed in category "Junior Ladies - no classification" - I guess it's because the rest of the ladies are competing for JGP spots in Ljubljana and Erevan.

It's confirmed that she moved to MKS Axel Toruń, where her coach is Sylwia Nowak-Trębacka (the coach of Natalia Kaliszek/Maxim Spodyryev). She's going to compete for Poland. President of Polish FS Fed Marek Kaliszek (Natalia's father by the way) has high expectations of her, as she is better than most Polish senior men :agree2:. She jumps quads... and her goal is 2022 Oly.

Here is local TV news video, info about Katia starts at 04:06, short interview - at 05:09.

Lana05

Final Flight
In this vid she was doing only triples
She's obviously a good girl. But she probably won't get any big medal while training in Poland...

Lipea

Final Flight
In this vid she was doing only triples
She's obviously a good girl. But she probably won't get any big medal while training in Poland...

Never say so. If she skates clean at Euros she has very good changes to medal. Out of three girls Russia sends there is usually one that messes up. And Katia could surely earn SB to go to GP next season. Europe needs someone like her now.

DenissVFan

Medalist
Reposting from The Edge:

Ekatarina Kurakova competed in Oświęcim, Poland this weekend, representing MKS Axel Toruń. She scored 64.84 in the SP and 123.27 in the FS; 188.11 points in total. Here are he results of the competition (it's over, so I hope it's okay to post this here). She's listed under "Solistki - Junior (Bez Klasyfikacji)". Unfortunately, I can't find any videos of the event.