Ekaterina Kurakova | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Kurakova

EdRoz

Record Breaker
Russian figure skating Fed allowed Ekaterina Kurakova to compete under the flag of Poland

Veite

Spectator
It seems so. A few days ago in local polish tv there were some news about Katia (start at 3:36). They've said that she's been training in Toronto since October. There is also a video of her introducing herself (her English is really good!) and short clip of her training session in TCC. They confirm that RUSFed released her and it sounds like it happened recently.

icetug

Medalist
That's excellent news, however she's not at the entries list for 4 Nationals...

So, she'll be competing in juniors (I see no sense in it) or will be added to the entries for 4 Nationals soon or she'll compete in seniors before Worlds to gain TES and debute in Polish team in Japan (that would be quite smart as I think none of Polish ladies achives TES for Worlds so Katia's introducing into the team would be with no harm for any of them).

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
It seems so. A few days ago in local polish tv there were some news about Katia (start at 3:36). They've said that she's been training in Toronto since October. There is also a video of her introducing herself (her English is really good!) and short clip of her training session in TCC. They confirm that RUSFed released her and it sounds like it happened recently.

It's geoblocked :( Even with Hola, I can't watch it from the US. Thanks for letting us know anyway! I'm really rooting for her. With all the interest in TCC, hopefully someone will put up a clip on Youtube or IG. It would be nice if she and Evgenia can support each other. Did her parents go with her?

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Her English's super cute!

Did a 2A-3T-3T combo there so seems to be in pretty good condition. Hopefully she'll be able to make her way into a major competition this season.

DenissVFan

Medalist
I wonder if we'll see her at Mentor Toruń Cup again.

It'd be great to see her at Worlds or Junior Worlds at least.

DenissVFan

Medalist
She's just posted an IG story. She's on her way to Budapest with Natalia Kaliszek and Maks Spodyriev.

ETA: And she speaks Polish in Maks's story ;)

DenissVFan

Medalist
I posted about it in the European ladies thread, but long story short, she needs to get a Clearance Certificate from ISU, which is issued by 1 July, to compete internationally.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
She's really quite good :luv17:
I know there were URs but she seemed underscored imo

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
No matter that names like Eliška Březinová and other czech skaters are there, our media don't even bother to mention this event... :ddevil:

DenissVFan

Medalist
What a nice performance :) Too bad about URs (and a time violation) but she's got time to work on them before the next season. Maybe we'll see her on the JGP circuit (if she isn't cleared this season already)? Ted would enjoy that performance :)

No matter that names like Eliška Březinová and other czech skaters are there, our media don't even bother to mention this event... :ddevil:

(Eliska was nice too :))

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
What a nice performance :) Too bad about URs (and a time violation) but she's got time to work on them before the next season. Maybe we'll see her on the JGP circuit (if she isn't cleared this season already)? Ted would enjoy that performance :)

(Eliska was nice too :))

That makes a lot of sense to me - do 2 JGPs, a challenger or two to get the mins, and then do Euros and Worlds next season.
If she's already cleared, she can compete to get the worlds mins and go this season! :)

DenissVFan

Medalist
Congratulations to Katya / Kasia on her title!

I couldn't watch her performance live because my bus was late but I kept refreshing the results page.