Ekaterina Kurakova | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Kurakova

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I hope there's a way for her to earn the min TES for Worlds this season. If not, the JGP / Challenger route for next season makes sense for her, almost like Konstantinova's last season.

I just am so happy she's essentially guaranteed to be able to compete at Europeans, Worlds and Olympics for the foreseeable future. She's always such a pleasure to watch. Nothing is stopping her from becoming the next Kostner in my eyes.

DenissVFan

Medalist
I hope there's a way for her to earn the min TES for Worlds this season. If not, the JGP / Challenger route for next season makes sense for her, almost like Konstantinova's last season.

I just am so happy she's essentially guaranteed to be able to compete at Europeans, Worlds and Olympics for the foreseeable future. She's always such a pleasure to watch. Nothing is stopping her from becoming the next Kostner in my eyes.

If ISU hurries up with that Clearance Certificate. But I'm optimistic about the JGP, there's even one in Poland again this year.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
New interview with Katia that answers a lot of questions about quarantine, sponsorship, why she chose to skate for Poland, why Orser, etc. I just love her outlook on everything :luv17:

https://sport24.ru/news/other/2018-...iny-kurakovoy-o-yudzuru-khanyu-brayane-orsere

Loved her answer to the question about idols in women's skating too:

- Do you have an idol in women's skating?
- I can not say that there is some special idol, but there are skaters that I like.

- Can you name them? What would you like to learn from them?
- Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - character, will to win. Rika Kihira - Triple Axel. Evgenia Medvedeva - fortitude, overcoming difficulties.

Excellent taste!

DenissVFan

Medalist
New interview with Katia that answers a lot of questions about quarantine, sponsorship, why she chose to skate for Poland, why Orser, etc. I just love her outlook on everything :luv17:

https://sport24.ru/news/other/2018-...iny-kurakovoy-o-yudzuru-khanyu-brayane-orsere

- I can not say that there is some special idol, but there are skaters that I like.

- Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - character, will to win. Rika Kihira - Triple Axel. Evgenia Medvedeva - fortitude, overcoming difficulties.

Excellent taste!

Thanks for sharing :) Good to hear that we'll see her again soon even if she can't compete internationally yet ;)

balabam

🥕🥕🌵🌵😈😀
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia

Excellent taste!

Thank you for sharing this great interview! Very, very mature answers. After Four Nationals, I'm really new fan of her.

DenissVFan

Medalist
(Edited because they moved her to a different category.)

Katya is scheduled to compete first tomorrow (02.02.2019), apparently at 14:15 (Central European Time).

Wombat1800

On the Ice
(Edited because they moved her to a different category.)

Katya is scheduled to compete first tomorrow (02.02.2019), apparently at 14:15 (Central European Time).

:yahoo: Hope she can clean up the urs on her 3-3 and skate well, even if this competition doesn't count for much

DenissVFan

Medalist
Her SP score is 66.48 (38.54 TES + 27.94 PCS).

As there is no live stream (that I know of, at least), I haven't seen her performance yet.

madmax

Rinkside
With a score like that, next year she could be among the top 5-6 at the European Championships and among the top 10-12 at the WC. She's on track for the Olympics