Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 175

Thread: Ekaterina Kurakova

  1. #81
    Bona Fide Member Shayuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,597

    3 Not allowed!
    I hope there's a way for her to earn the min TES for Worlds this season. If not, the JGP / Challenger route for next season makes sense for her, almost like Konstantinova's last season.

    I just am so happy she's essentially guaranteed to be able to compete at Europeans, Worlds and Olympics for the foreseeable future. She's always such a pleasure to watch. Nothing is stopping her from becoming the next Kostner in my eyes.

  2. #82
    Medalist DenissVFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,030

    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    I hope there's a way for her to earn the min TES for Worlds this season. If not, the JGP / Challenger route for next season makes sense for her, almost like Konstantinova's last season.

    I just am so happy she's essentially guaranteed to be able to compete at Europeans, Worlds and Olympics for the foreseeable future. She's always such a pleasure to watch. Nothing is stopping her from becoming the next Kostner in my eyes.
    If ISU hurries up with that Clearance Certificate. But I'm optimistic about the JGP, there's even one in Poland again this year.

  3. #83
    Medalist DenissVFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,030

    2 Not allowed!
    With Natalia Kaliszek and Maksym Spodyriev (who seem to have "adopted" her ): https://www.instagram.com/p/BrbnUITl7l2/

  4. #84
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    862
    Country: Poland

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DenissVFan View Post
    With Natalia Kaliszek and Maksym Spodyriev (who seem to have "adopted" her ): https://www.instagram.com/p/BrbnUITl7l2/
    I believe they must be close as they used to train at the same rink Also maybe Maks helped her with language barrier?

  5. #85
    Bona Fide Member silverfoxes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    9,460

    6 Not allowed!
    New interview with Katia that answers a lot of questions about quarantine, sponsorship, why she chose to skate for Poland, why Orser, etc. I just love her outlook on everything

    https://sport24.ru/news/other/2018-1...brayane-orsere

    Loved her answer to the question about idols in women's skating too:

    - Do you have an idol in women's skating?
    - I can not say that there is some special idol, but there are skaters that I like.

    - Can you name them? What would you like to learn from them?
    - Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - character, will to win. Rika Kihira - Triple Axel. Evgenia Medvedeva - fortitude, overcoming difficulties.


    Excellent taste!

  6. #86
    Medalist DenissVFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,030

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxes View Post
    New interview with Katia that answers a lot of questions about quarantine, sponsorship, why she chose to skate for Poland, why Orser, etc. I just love her outlook on everything

    https://sport24.ru/news/other/2018-1...brayane-orsere

    Loved her answer to the question about idols in women's skating too:

    - Do you have an idol in women's skating?
    - I can not say that there is some special idol, but there are skaters that I like.

    - Can you name them? What would you like to learn from them?
    - Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - character, will to win. Rika Kihira - Triple Axel. Evgenia Medvedeva - fortitude, overcoming difficulties.


    Excellent taste!
    Thanks for sharing Good to hear that we'll see her again soon even if she can't compete internationally yet

  7. #87
    Rinkside balabam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    57
    Country: Slovakia

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxes View Post
    New interview with Katia that answers a lot of questions about quarantine, sponsorship, why she chose to skate for Poland, why Orser, etc. I just love her outlook on everything

    https://sport24.ru/news/other/2018-1...brayane-orsere

    Loved her answer to the question about idols in women's skating too:

    - Do you have an idol in women's skating?
    - I can not say that there is some special idol, but there are skaters that I like.

    - Can you name them? What would you like to learn from them?
    - Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - character, will to win. Rika Kihira - Triple Axel. Evgenia Medvedeva - fortitude, overcoming difficulties.


    Excellent taste!
    Thank you for sharing this great interview! Very, very mature answers. After Four Nationals, I'm really new fan of her.

  8. #88
    Spectator
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1
    Country: Russia

    2 Not allowed!
    Please, Polska, treat Katyusha well She's such a treasure.

  9. #89
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    363
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Katya in Alice in Wonderland on ice. Looks like a lot of fun.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BsWGli5h1jZ/

  10. #90
    Medalist DenissVFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,030

    1 Not allowed!
    She's on the entry list for the Polish junior nationals but in a separate category from the other junior ladies: http://www.pfsa.com.pl/results/1819/...9/CAT003EN.HTM

  11. #91
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    862
    Country: Poland

    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DenissVFan View Post
    She's on the entry list for the Polish junior nationals but in a separate category from the other junior ladies: http://www.pfsa.com.pl/results/1819/...9/CAT003EN.HTM
    Yeah. It's category for those who can compete but can't represent Poland internationally therefor they are in "no qualification" group. We also have one junior ice dance team who compete in nationals but can't go internationally

  12. #92
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    363
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DenissVFan View Post
    She's on the entry list for the Polish junior nationals but in a separate category from the other junior ladies: http://www.pfsa.com.pl/results/1819/...9/CAT003EN.HTM
    As long as we get to see her compete I will be happy

  13. #93
    Medalist DenissVFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,030

    0 Not allowed!
    (Edited because they moved her to a different category.)

    Katya is scheduled to compete first tomorrow (02.02.2019), apparently at 14:15 (Central European Time).

  14. #94
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    363
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DenissVFan View Post
    (Edited because they moved her to a different category.)

    Katya is scheduled to compete first tomorrow (02.02.2019), apparently at 14:15 (Central European Time).
    Hope she can clean up the urs on her 3-3 and skate well, even if this competition doesn't count for much

  15. #95
    Medalist DenissVFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,030

    1 Not allowed!
    Her SP score is 66.48 (38.54 TES + 27.94 PCS).

    As there is no live stream (that I know of, at least), I haven't seen her performance yet.

  16. #96
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    363
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DenissVFan View Post
    Her SP score is 66.48 (38.54 TES + 27.94 PCS).

    As there is no live stream (that I know of, at least), I haven't seen her performance yet.
    Nice! Her pcs should probably be higher, but 66 is still a good score

  17. #97
    Medalist DenissVFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,030

    3 Not allowed!
    She's won.

    FS score: 116.16 (60.03 TES + 56.13 PCS). Judges scores: http://www.pfsa.com.pl/results/1819/..._FS_Scores.pdf

    Total score: 182.64.

  18. #98

  19. #99

  20. #100
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    32

    1 Not allowed!
    With a score like that, next year she could be among the top 5-6 at the European Championships and among the top 10-12 at the WC. She's on track for the Olympics

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •