Ekaterina Kurakova | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Kurakova

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I've just updated her OP. I've added all the results and as many videos as I could find. Enjoy :)

BTW, I have discovered two videos from December about her training in Canada. I haven't seen links to them here, so those who are interested and speak Russian may have a look now:

"Работа над 4 ными прыжками идет полным ходом" - КУРАКОВА о тренировках у ОРСЕРА в Канаде

Екатерина Куракова у Орсера. Кто такая? Почему в Канаде? Почему за Польшу?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ekaterina is on the entry list for a Canadian summer competition, Minto Summer Skate, at the end of July: https://skateontario.org/results/19S1/19S1SeniorWomenEL.pdf

This event is in Ottawa from July 25th to 28th and lots of other TCC skaters will also be there. Skate Canada does livestream it on Dailymotion, though I can't remember if it's normally geoblocked or not.

icetug

Medalist
Ekaterina is on the entry list for a Canadian summer competition, Minto Summer Skate, at the end of July: https://skateontario.org/results/19S1/19S1SeniorWomenEL.pdf

This event is in Ottawa from July 25th to 28th and lots of other TCC skaters will also be there. Skate Canada does livestream it on Dailymotion, though I can't remember if it's normally geoblocked or not.

I can't wait to see her competing :) and hope this Skate Canada's livestream is available in Poland as usually.

Wonder if summer competition means she's been assigned for the first JGP event in Courchevel (as Poland has one ladies' spot there). However I'm still not sure on which level, junior or senior, she's going to compete this season.

icetug

Medalist
I don’t understand the music edits for her short program... especially the ending where the music just sort of tapers off...

Isn't it just work in progress? Her SP was almost 3 minutes (2:57 exactly) long so it definitely needs to be shortened.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Isn't it just work in progress? Her SP was almost 3 minutes (2:57 exactly) long so it definitely needs to be shortened.

I read on twitter there was a problem with her music so she skated to her LP music for her SP and likely just cut it off when she stopped, which caused the time violation. Not 100% this is true but if so it would explain the weird ending of the music and time issue

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I read on twitter there was a problem with her music so she skated to her LP music for her SP and likely just cut it off when she stopped, which caused the time violation. Not 100% this is true but if so it would explain the weird ending of the music and time issue

It must be. She just did her FS to the same music from Le Corsaire (well, a longer cut of course).

icetug

Medalist
It must be. She just did her FS to the same music from Le Corsaire (well, a longer cut of course).

She actually did :laugh:. It's amazing she could a sort of improvise her SP, making its choreography fitted to FS music. And got the best score of the day anyway :clap:. She won FS too and the whole competition what is promising for the new season.

Watch

Final Flight
She has a lot to work on, but keeping her cool like that and just skating to the totally wrong music like it's nothing speaks well of her! That's some impressive composure :agree: