Ekaterina Kurakova | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Kurakova

Fluture

Record Breaker
Anyone got a video of her skate? I‘d like to see her. Can‘t wait for the FS, it‘s one of my favorites this season. She‘s just such a charming and energetic performer. Hoping she can grab a medal at this competition. :)

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
So happy for her. She did amazing and with a score of 201, she definitely will get a GP spot next season, yay

Fluture

Record Breaker
She won!!! 201.47! :hap10: Her expressions are priceless :love: I'm so thrilled for her!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4VZqmJ8nB0

:thank: Omg, that was amazing! She‘s such a charismatic, expressive skater. It‘s obvious with every move and gesture that she loves skating and enjoys being at this competition. Her score is great too! Above 200! Wow. Well done. I hope she gets a GP spot next season, she definitely deserves it!

DenissVFan

Medalist
Me, when I saw the results: :dbana:
Now I need to catch up on the performance.

I hope she gets Skate Canada next year so that Ted can gush about her again in the practice streams ;)

Manitou

Medalist
Wow, wow, wow! The news of the day! I was so proud of Katya when she was second in SP only a few points behind Bradie, but now, OMG! Bradie thought she would play a world star by visiting some provincial village, only to be beaten by a local village girl!
And the score! I have been following Katya for a while, but I have never expected this!
I don’t think Bradie will ever visit Warsaw again lol!

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Good for her!!! It's great to see her switch to Poland so successful. She's a delightful skater to watch, and she's improved so much in just a year.

DenissVFan

Medalist
It'd be nice for the Polish sports media to report her victory though. So far I haven't seen anything. Maybe they'll notice her at Europeans at least.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Congtratulations dear Katia!!!:hap93::yahoo:

not to mention Pics with Liza N were absolutely adorbs!!:love:

icetug

Medalist
It'd be nice for the Polish sports media to report her victory though. So far I haven't seen anything. Maybe they'll notice her at Europeans at least.

I found it as breaking news on my smartphone on Monday :) so there was at least this one report (and Onet.pl is probably the biggest web portal in Poland)
https://sport.onet.pl/zimowe/lyzwia...kowa-wygrala-zawody-challenger-series/d7y0w2v

She was so joyful that I couldn't stop smiling watching her! Truly deserved success - and the top of the podium fits her very well ;).

macy

Record Breaker
she has a ton of talent! with a little more polish and refining, she could really be a top lady.

DenissVFan

Medalist

Agaszka

Rinkside
One of journalist from the only daily sport newspaper in Poland (Przegląd Sportowy) wrote that they'll try to do something bigger with her (maybe some interview or smth like that) in the future.

From other news, she and Kaliszek/Spodyriev donated plushies for air Rescue Service in Warsaw.

Manitou

Medalist
One of journalist from the only daily sport newspaper in Poland (Przegląd Sportowy) wrote that they'll try to do something bigger with her (maybe some interview or smth like that) in the future.

I would love to hear her speak Polish. She said she is learning Polish very quickly and I can't wait to confirm it! :)
The thing is that she lives in Toronto and I don't know how she is studying Polish over there. I know there is a big Polish diaspora in Toronto, but on the other hand she must speak English too. Well, as long as she is holding the Polish flag the language is optional... :)