2. Anna and Luca LP
3. Evgenya Sp & LP
4. Piper and Paul
5, Yuzuru Lp

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1) Misha Ge's FS - I stood up before he finished, it was amazing!
2) V/M's SD - Big Prince fan so I loved this - the choreo and the music cuts. Scott needs a bit more on his costume though, Tessa doesn't need to be the only one in purple lace.
3) Hanyu's FS - so he wasn't perfect but love seeing him live and hitting most of his beautiful jumps
4) Patrick's SP - except for the fall on the 3A, great program and ice coverage. His 4T/3T is his money combo now, he landed so many of them in practice, too.
5) Kaetlyn's SP - her jumps are huge and she's got great charisma.

Honorary mention to G/P's performances, enjoyed both and Paul's commitment to his costumes and Piper's enthusiasm. Also D/R's short was amazing too with the throw 3A.

Last edited:

padme21

On the Ice
1. Hanyu's FS
2. Misha's FS
3. Anna and Luca's SD
4. Satoko's FS
5. Hawayek and Baker's SD

Fetinia

Rinkside
Not in particular order:
1. Patrick SP - I am not his fan, but I love this program
2. Megan and Eric SP - there are no limits to these guys
3. Gilles and Pourier LP - they surprise me every time, this is the only team in ID competition who did not put me to sleep. V&M were big ado about nothing (strictly my opinion!)
4. Yuzuru LP - it is not Seimei, but still great
5. Evgeniya LP - not sure what's everyone's problem with this program, it was perfectly done from start to the end.

Last edited:

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Y/Z FS! It gave me goose bumps. Just mesmerizing and breathtaking! This is my team to watch now for the 2018 Olympics, it could be the one!
Katelyn Osman's SP, so elegant and brilliant! Love her jumps and costume and everything else! The IT girl of the event!
Hanyu's Ex! best ever in artistry for him for sure! I bet this is going to be a competition program next year.
C/L's LP and EX! They were brilliant!
Pipper and Paul's LP.
D/R 3Ath.

Last edited:

Spiral

Final Flight
This year’s SC had an incredibly strong field!

Medveda – SP, LP. During the last GPF the commentators from British Euro sport said that like Hanyu is the best male skater ever, it looks like she may be the best female skater ever, and by now I agree with them. She’s as expressive as she’s technically brilliant, and her programs are always original to boot. Stunningly beautiful dresses too.

Hanyu – LP, Ex. Who else could skate to Saint-Saens’ Swan in a costume reminiscent of Johnny Weir’s and not lose by comparison? His movements are as smooth as his jumps are phenomenal, and like Weir he puts his soul into his skating.

Chan – SP, LP. No matter what he skates to, he’s always so enjoyable to watch, it’s impossible to tear one’s eyes away from him.

Hawayek/Baker – SD, FD. Authentic and unique in anything, be it Listz or hip-hop.

Cappellini/Lanotte – SD, FD. I’m yet to see a program by them I didn’t wish to see again and again. No matter what’s the theme, they always come up with something irresistibly pleasant to watch.

Honorable mentions: Satoko Miyahara’s LP, Kevin Reynolds’ SP and LP, Michal Brezina’s LP, Daniel Samohin’s LP, Gilles/Poirier’s FD, Yu/Zhang’s LP, Kavaguchi/Smirnov’s LP, Ilushechkina/Moscovits’ SP and LP (they shouldn’t have been third after such a skate in the LP, but they have such a great connection on the ice and such genuineness that I enjoy watching them even when they make mistakes).