Sunday NBC Coverage | Golden Skate

Sunday NBC Coverage

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If I'm not mistaken NBC is about to broadcast a replay of the Ladies FS.

Anyone watching and want to comment with me :cool:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And Johnny Weir dressed as a tall table with with a torso mannequin sitting on it like you'd find in a mall necklace display or something :laugh:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Satoko's jump issues are much more obvious today and on my big screen TV it's easy to spot them. I was all ready to say I thought she was making improvements but the 2a-3t was noticiby wobbly and probably UR which has me :scratch:

Her performance is really nice but I suspect she can do better and the StSeq really needs to change...it seems a bit slow and lacking. She has such grace and smooth movements though it's always enjoyable in spite of what the scores indicate.

ETA:Satoko looks absolutely perplexed in the KnC :console:

Last edited:

nguyhm

On the Ice
It looks like NBC broadcast only shows ladies from group 2, which means Mirai's skate is excluded :(. I've been waiting all day to see how she does in her long program but they won't be broadcasting it. So heartbroken for Mirai.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alaine's program is so good but the jumps are really problematic from a rudimentary angle. I like the weird spin and was that a 2a-2lo.....I like it. She fought hard....no one can take that from her.

That USFSA commercial "Get Up" is great :love:

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Liza....was that a 3z-3turn combo :dance2:

"Egyptiany Feel" -Johnny :laugh:

Last edited:

padme21

On the Ice
NBC's coverage of the GP is pathetic. Looks like they're only showing the ladies and if we're lucky they might show us a bit of ice dance. I wish they'd show the men.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kaetlyn is really sloppy so far...... and now a fall :hopelessness:

Kaetlyn looked shaky and really struggled to get into the Choreography IMO although she was all over those arm raises during the music swells....ooh and ah :) I know she gets a "homer" score but she's gonna have to improve significantly when she takes the show on the road.

Last edited:

nguyhm

On the Ice
And Liza fell apart :(. It looks like she'll be off the podium. Not a good event for my favorite ladies :noshake:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Zhenia really can get flying out there but she uses so much energy to whippy whirl her jumps she always lands at a snails pace. Honestly her PCS is improving and I pray to god she gets away from Ilya and stops with the Miming!

Was someone chanting "four more years" in the audience after her program. :laugh:

Why is Eteri showing us her sandy beach stare after a huge score like that? She'd make a great model for a painter looking to do a very long and detailed painting of the human face ;)

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
V/M going for the drama gaze theme here.

The program is very artistic and shows several strong dance skills that I'd expect to see from traditionally trained dancers and then the lyrics kick in....... :slink:

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh my dear lord....Madi and Evan ( ;) ) didn't fix their music!!!!! It's unbearably overedited and how am I supposed to focus on their overdramatic facial expressions. Oh the horror.

Looked like good skating but the music is so distracting. This isn't a world podium program is it? I need an Ice Dance pro to set me straight I think. :scratch3:

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Madison's arm movements made me tired :scratch2:. And that was was the end folks!

In NBC's and even the sport of Figure Skating's defense....that hour flew by like nothing. I obviously wanted more but let's be serious....we need about 3hrs of World Series pregame shows :p

I love this sport!

Satoko Miyahara's performance couldn't be any prettier. Evgenia Medvedeva skated like a world champion. Madison Chock stole the show. :rock: :clap: :love:

The program is very artistic and shows several strong dance skills that I'd expect to see from traditionally trained dancers and then the lyrics kick in....... :slink:

I know, right? I was about to give them the award for most sublime music for the cello. And then ...

nguyhm

On the Ice
And just to think that Tara and Johnny got all dolled up for this :rolleye: Such a waste :drama:

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I wanted to watch the coverage, but my sister bought me a ticket to see a local production of 'The Producers' as an early birthday present. :biggrin:

As much as I love skating, the live musical was a much better offer.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
V/M going for the drama gaze theme here.

The program is very artistic and shows several strong dance skills that I'd expect to see from traditionally trained dancers ...

Did NBC show Virtue/Moir's FD in entirety?
And Chock/Bates'?

(After the first few seconds of V/M, my TV signal died :sad4: until the hour basically was over.)

Anyway, although the NBC broadcast was only one hour, I was pleasantly surprised that it did show bits of the top two men (non-Americans, even).
And that NBC covered ice dance to whatever extent that it did.

As for the ladies:

As a fan of Mirai :luv17:, I think it's just as well that NBC did not show her.
If she had been leading after the first group of the FS, I think NBC would have considered showing her.

Congratulations to Evgenia, Kaetlyn, and Satoko :yay:.

Worth mentioning that Terry, Tara, and Johnny did not seem to be troubled or offended by the music/audio of Evgenia's FS.
(As a resident of NYC on 9/11 and to this day, I do not object to the FS. The theme makes me sad, but I am not offended.)​