2016 Rostelecom Cup Practice Reports | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup Practice Reports

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here is the video, the question is at 2:36. https://youtu.be/L9sxBf-N77s
The reporter asks: 'What is the silliest question you've been asked after Sochi?' Yulia answers: 'Well, I guess all of them already' 😂

She used to be so angsty with reporters. Oh the good ole days ;) Thanks for finding and sharing the link and welcome to Golden Skate :yay:

Anyway..... so was no one present at the practices? Is this why we're so off topic :laugh:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Anyway..... so was no one present at the practices? Is this why we're so off topic :laugh:

Basically? One good thing is that at least I managed to be somewhat productive today, unlike last Thursday. :laugh:

Oh there was a snippet about Yulia doing a 2A for practice and Elena making errors in her jumps but not what those were.

Nathan13

Medalist
Oh there was a snippet about Yulia doing a 2A for practice and Elena making errors in her jumps but not what those were.

Where did you hear about Elena?
*Im putting my faith in her for my predictions so this is making me a bit nervous*

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
*Im putting my faith in her for my predictions so this is making me a bit nervous*

Lenok always has sketchy practices so yeah.....it's kind of how she rolls :laugh:

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/1045354548.html

Google Translate
November 4th starts the Russian stage of the Grand Prix Rostelecom Cup. Skaters today held official workout.

"In the short program Lipnitskaya according to the planned set of elements appears a cascade of two triple toe loop, double Axel and triple flip, not in any designated cascades" 3-3. "The music is short on Thursday laminated lightweight layout program with a purely Axel executed in two and a half turns.

Pogorilaya plan accordingly intends to perform "triple Lutz - triple toe loop" (purely made in training the music) in both programs, as well as the "triple lutz - Euler - triple Salchow" Random.

In Radionova - "triple Lutz - triple toe loop," in short (filled with pure music), as well as the "Lutz - coat" and "triple lutz - Euler - triple Salchow" Random. On Radionova exercise made a number of errors during the execution of jumps, "-. The journalist wrote.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker

Sorry this is late, but that article turquoiseblue quoted above, when I was reading about Yulia. Haven't found anything else!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If anyone has Max news I'd greatly appreciate it!

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
I decided to share this here too:

Dear fellow travelers,

I suggest to all of you guys who enjoying your first trip to Moscow to install their local apps (available for free on iPhone and androids). Just search appstore for "yandex" - its like their Google. There are plenty of apps which are pretty helpful and even essential, especially if Cyrillic alphabet is yet a challenge for you. I suggest: Yandex.Maps, Yandex.Taxi, Yandex.Navigator, Yandex.Translate. Moscow transportation system is usually great and super cheap, most of bus stops and information pillars with map and some touristy info in the center have a free WiFi and via apps you literally can see how far is the bus you need, how long more you need to wait for a bus and see it on the map driving towards your bus stop. Try Yandex.Transport for it. Their subway system is safe, clean, very effective and extremely cheap to move around the city. Try Yandex.Metro app for it. All their subway stations and even moving trains have free wifi. Some of their new buses have free wifi too. You will need to pass through some kind of free and easy authorization first to confirm you are not a bot/spammer, but then it's just automatic access all throughout the whole city public free wifi. If you have some free time and need to get to some sort of theater, museum, restaurant or art gallery, my advice dont take the taxi - ride the metro, it's like the whole new world there, especially that circular line in the center, and see some of that old subway - architecture of underground stations will make you to drop the jaw. Avoid rush hours tho, because it's a hostile giant ant city 4 to 6pm, don't stop in the middle of the pedestrian route or walking path - they will sure as hell step on you, nothing personal. :) You either move with others in walking traffic or you need to step aside even if you just want to look around or check your map/cell. :)

Last edited:
Yulia looks so relaxed and happy. I hope she listens to the Kill Bill sirens and decides to kick everybodies butt. Take no prisoners Yulia :thumbsup:

Any Aljona & Bruno tidbits would be great too, but they'll be fine really. I'm excited to see their programs again :yahoo:

Last edited: