2016 Rostelecom Cup - Pairs SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup - Pairs SP

TGee

Record Breaker
It will be interesting to see the protocol....

There was a long hang on the tech score counter after the throw jump, and then it looks like more than one element came in at once....

The hand touch on the throw jump was visible, but I'm wondering what else was at issue... Did anything come up in commentary for those that have it?

----------------------

noting this was about Seguin/Bilodeau

Last edited:

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Seriously needs to upgrade to a triple twist, but other than that what a pleasant surprise! Hope we see them more often in the future~

Lota

Record Breaker
So... the weaker a team, the less chance of falling? :laugh:

P.S. I really liked them!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I think the lack of height difference makes the twist harder but the lifts look better and the spins too.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The SBS 3T was beautiful and her throw landing was stunning. Enjoyed their program.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Really disappointed in the scores for S/B (or rather the reason for the scores-missed jumps)

Lota

Record Breaker
I think I'll add Ruest/Wolfe to the list of my new-found favourites, really enjoyed them and I'll definitely be watching out for them in the future! :hap10:

MsSweetie

Rinkside
They move soooo nicely,

Get a 3twist already ! :devil:

I'm scared if they did a 3twist with the lack of height from the 2twist that it'd be a total clusterf*ck. That being said, to move up, they'll need to figure out how to get more height.

TGee

Record Breaker
That was pretty good for them, wasn't it?

Yes, that is probably a PB for Camille and Drew.

They formed as a team last year. This is only his 3rd season in pairs. Drew Wolfe previously an ice dancer and singles skater. He competed one season with another partner and then was rematched with Camille Ruest.