2016 Rostelecom Cup - Ladies SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup - Ladies SP

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Unconventional Carmen for sure, but I'm glad to see her on fire again!

TGee

Record Breaker
She has no energy, this type of music needs more power.

To me, it's doesn't seem as though the choreographer had a clear enough vision about what to do with this music. Nor did the skater....

At this point if one is going to chose an old chestnut like Carmen, it would seem essential strategy to have a clear vision of how to make an impact with it....

As it is, it takes something that might be safe and makes it into a risk for the skater to deliver....

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Yes but.. I see you are spanish. Don't you wonder why everyone wants to be a flamenco dancer?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I didn't even know it was Carmen. Well, shrieking from a dying diva is understandable. At least it wasn't chipmunk shrieking.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Combo was so small and fast, I need to see a replay. Maybe other foot came down.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
How much more black could this dress be?

The answer is none. None more black.

Bonus points to whoever can name the movie I'm quoting. :p

Last edited:

TGee

Record Breaker
For me, Matsuda being in black is saving it from being over-princessy and too juniorish.

Last edited:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Great to see another backloaded program, i appreciate the courage to do it.

Beautiful 3lo-3lo, spins were slow she lost some levels there surely (maybe even in the steps sequence) .

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
That was super pretty. Good for her.

Is it just me or is the top part of the costume ill fitting? I like the empire (ish) waist but the top seems to large for her.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Saw this dress and thought "a young Juliet" and was surprised to hear Jason's music. (and for sure it is Jason's skating that makes that music not the other way around)