2016 Rostelecom Cup - Men FS | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup - Men FS

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Whose step sequences were your favourites and why? Were there any stsq that missed opportunities or felt weaker and what was the reason?

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Why are people still yakking about Javi's PCS? It's been years and he is improve a lot in that department. Javi at Worlds 2014 receive the same PCS as the newly minted Olympic Champion. FYI he is now 4-time European Champion and 2-time World Champion and you expect him to score lower than these two serial bombers.

This. People tend to underestimate Javier for some inexplicable reason (oh well, they could be uber-Chan fans or whatever though).

treeloving

Medalist
Javi :luv17: Amazing performance, complicate choreography, great speed and transition.

Sorry there are no ways Chan and Yuzuru pcs at Canada should be close or higher to this performance (I know you all are tried with score debate but I can't help :p).

Anyway, the best usage of "Fever" in sport for me is still this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu7PK5XkSqw

Khoai

Match Penalty
Javi :luv17: Amazing performance, complicate choreography, great speed and transition.

Sorry there are no ways Chan and Yuzuru pcs at Canada should be close or higher to this performance (I know you all are tried with score debate but I can't help :p).

Anyway, the best usage of "Fever" in sport for me is still this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu7PK5XkSqw
Let's be fair. Does Mr. Fernandez's performance at CoR just now deserve to win in PCS over Mr. Chan's performance at 4CC 2016? No. I think people are complaining about the PCS of top men at their best. It is unfair to compare a bad performance to a good performance from another competition.
At their best, if judges still give PCS equally to all of them, then it is very very wrong.
Judges have to analyze the transitions, the difficulty and the overall performance quality.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
This. People tend to underestimate Javier for some inexplicable reason (oh well, they could be uber-Chan fans or whatever though).

I don't think Javier has bad skating skills but if we were playing odds. you can't have it all; you an come close but the odds are in this competitive and "small" world Javi's weakness if it is a real weakness is he isn't the top in pcs. Isn't it possible that Chan who can't jump that well does do something better than Javi? Or for that matter Brown or Ten? I know it doesn't always follow that a jumper like Fernandez has weaker skating skills but I think what people are saying he has good maybe even great skating skills but not as high as Chan or Hanyu or Ten. And like Candelero he kind of has a limited range of programs but he sells them well.

Khoai

Match Penalty
I don't think Javier has bad skating skills but if we were playing odds. you can't have it all; you an come close but the odds are in this competitive and "small" world Javi's weakness if it is a real weakness is he isn't the top in pcs. Isn't it possible that Chan who can't jump that well does do something better than Javi? Or for that matter Brown or Ten? I know it doesn't always follow that a jumper like Fernandez has weaker skating skills but I think what people are saying he has good maybe even great skating skills but not as high as Chan or Hanyu or Ten. And like Candelero he kind of has a limited range of programs but he sells them well.
Mr. Fernandez's LP fancam at CoR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlpICwqKSGY
The step sequence is very slow, and a lot of posing in the second half.
No wonder people complain about the 95 PCS.