2016 Rostelecom Cup Free Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup Free Dance

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
B. ESP female commentator harsh on them. Basically calls them out for copying V&M's opening choreography.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Eyebrow acting GEO: +3.

Outfit improvement from the SD: +5. And I don't care for this outfit.

NaVi

Medalist
I really wish there were two separate tech panels for ice dance that gave their reasonings in writing with photo/video clip documentation... this current system is not robust enough for this to be a "sport".

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Andrew has to get his twizzles back. I think that is what is holding them back, not the programs (And I found last year's bitter earth program to be a snore)

Dog hates me this morning. I gave him his breakfast (chicken, kafir, pumpkin, essential oils) and I finished off the pepperridge farms strawberry cookies. He is not impressed with my lack of sharing.

That dog eats better than I do :laugh:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I dig Belarusians music choice. Too bad they're not good enough to pull it off.

auser

Record Breaker
Am I way too sleep deprived, or was that an instrumental interlude of Metallica ?

Lota

Record Breaker
This is so frustrating... With their height they could be so regal, but they're soooooo awkward (and slow) :no:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Years and years ago (I want to say 98 but.. could have been any Olympics between 94 and 06) CBC had Jean Senft, who is a judge, come in and explain how judges make decisions in these little documentary type things. It was very informative. It is there that I grew to understand why having quiet blades is important and how to tell if jumps are cheated or not. This must have been before the COP because I don't remember her explaining it in those terms.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Viktoria KAVALIOVA / Yurii BIELIAIEV

He's in a three peice suit without the jacket, she's in a red and black tango dress with sparkly straps running across the back. And one black glove. One. One black glove. A tangoish program. Some nice eyebrow acting at the beginning from him. A few struggle-lifts, not as fast as we'll see in the later teams, but no major disasters that I saw.

Sofia EVDOKIMOVA / Egor BAZIN 77.54/133.37
Viktoria KAVALIOVA / Yurii BIELIAIEV 74.91/129.55

Alisa AGAFONOVA / Alper UCAR
Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN
Elliana POGREBINSKY / Alex BENOIT

Warm-Up Group 2
Tiffany ZAHORSKI / Jonathan GUERREIRO
Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI
Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV
Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES
Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Don't expect an answer now but just throwing it out there: does anyone know who the female commentator for British Eurosport is? She's quite harsh, but open about her (valid) critiques.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
If the team from Turkey are happy with their scores can we call it Turkish Delight?

I love the purples in her dress. So pretty. And strangely I like the music.

auser

Record Breaker
Years and years ago (I want to say 98 but.. could have been any Olympics between 94 and 06) CBC had Jean Senft, who is a judge, come in and explain how judges make decisions in these little documentary type things. It was very informative. It is there that I grew to understand why having quiet blades is important and how to tell if jumps are cheated or not. This must have been before the COP because I don't remember her explaining it in those terms.

Actually the quiet blades meme was mentioned more recently from Tanith Belbin's ice dance commentary when I still had Universal Sports on cable tv(2014). :)

NaVi

Medalist

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The Turks have really improved their edges, but they seem a bit slower, It's a lovely program. I don't understand why they're being dumped by the judges. I mean I'm STILL annoyed they didn't clear through to the FD at Worlds last year.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Okay.. I have to ask. Did anyone hear Someone like you by Adele toward the end of that dance? I swear i did. I was even singing it in my head.