2016 Rostelecom Cup Free Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup Free Dance

Alba

Record Breaker
Is almost no one watching ice dance here though? The first group has almost finished skating, and only 4 pages of comments :confused:

It must be early morning in North America, right?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm loving the Moscow time zone. All events are during day and almost all are not colliding with Bundesliga! So they're showing it live and not just highlights on Monday. (unlike SA or SC)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
And without a Japanese or Chinese team we are lacking them too I think.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Elliana and Alex's lifts are freaking incredible. And her flexibility is crazy for a dancer.

(In a bizarre bout of sleep-deprivation, I went to sleep at 7:30 and woke up at 2:30, but I wasn't really watching the other teams because I was trying to do something else.)

Nathan13

Medalist
Pogrebinsky/Benoit have a really awesome program.
Except they, and the rest of the first group seem really slow and boring overall today. :disapp:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
The Danes aren't even clearing 90 for a FD.

RUN! RUN AWAY FROM MONTREAL MUSH NOW!

Truth. You have 3 teams in the world doing it well enough for now (Gabby/Guillaume, Tessa/Scott, Madison/Zach).

New style needed. I was shocked when they finished 11th in 2015.

It's been a downward spiral since then. They're sexy but these programs are crap even moreso as the season goes on.

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I want him to do something with his Elvis hair for this free dance. See Paul Poirier for advice Blackleisuresuitwearingelvis.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It's really Igor at his prefab not-so-great, but that should put P/B into first easily. Wonderful curve lift. They need more challenging material.

moon

On the Ice
Alex Benoit is wonderful , she looks like an awkward Junior skater. I do not understand the GOEs they get on their elements. Are the judges looking at her?

Lota

Record Breaker
It must be early morning in North America, right?

Are most people here from North America? I wonder what the statistics are :laugh:

And that's no excuse, I stayed up through SA and SC (CoC and NHK are approaching, so I'll have to wake up early as well) :drama: I guess Ice Dance just isn't all that popular (along with Pairs, the singles seem to rule the skating world) :cry:

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
I don't get their program. What story are they telling. This two pieces of music together don't work for me. A good way away from selling that program.

Their lifts I like.

Alba

Record Breaker
Truth. You have 3 teams in the world doing it well enough for now (Gabby/Guillaume, Tessa/Scott, Madison/Zach).

New style needed. I was shocked when they finished 11th in 2015.

It's been a downward spiral since then. They're sexy but these programs are crap even moreso as the season goes on.

I think they need modern dance/music. Not this snooze.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Elliana POGREBINSKY / Alex BENOIT

He's in a blue tunic with gold trim on the collar and matching pants, she's in a asymetric blue scarf dress with a tiara. Skating to middle east mix. Some Lubov-level lifts they're doing here :thumbsup:. I like this couple- I think it's his hair. I don't want to call them slow after seeing some of the other teams, but they looked a little slow. Lol, their coach pats them on the back and runs out of the KnC when they get their scores.

Elliana POGREBINSKY / Alex BENOIT 90.99/153.92
Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN 89.70/152.52
Alisa AGAFONOVA / Alper UCAR 84.59/143.90
Sofia E VDOKIMOVA / Egor BAZIN 77.54/133.37
Viktoria KAVALIOVA / Yurii BIELIAIEV 74.91/129.55

Warm-Up Group 2
Tiffany ZAHORSKI / Jonathan GUERREIRO
Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI
Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV
Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES
Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE