2016 Rostelecom Cup Pairs FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup Pairs FS

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I do think they have promise though. Just need refinement, a better twist and consistency on the SBS jumps.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The female skater resembles A. Gubanova, a junior ladies skater appearance-wise.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I swear it looks like her toe picks were in his arm pit. That can't be a good feeling.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I wish their costumes weren't so dull. But I guess it goes with the music?

And by that I don't mean the music is dull per say but rather it's very stripped down, maybe? Not a good describer of music.

I don't like the vocal and the music requires artistry the like of Jeremy Abbot's. This pairs is kind of snooze worthy.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Oddly, I like hearing any calling signals from coaches to notify their skaters to match their unison in sync when they are doing SBS spins and jumps. It awakes me that this performance to a beautiful music is a sport after all.

tulosai

Record Breaker
These two are still somewhat juniorish and definitely need more polish and maturity, but wow do they have potential! Really looking forward to seeing how they develop!!

Idontsk8

On the Ice
Did anyone else's stream had the commentators calling out on the pair differences? PT ESP commentator made the same annoying comment about Lithuanian pair she made yesterday, that she was too tall for him and the pair should be "rethought", and how wise Aliona was in choosing a very tall guy. Comeone, check Sui/Han for a totally different example of a team that works with reduced height difference... :confused:

Lota

Record Breaker
Ok, music choice notwithstanding, I LOVE this team! Please become more technically proficient so that I can cheer you on at the top! :hap85: :cheer2:

skatemouse

On the Ice
Song was good. Almost lost first lift hand slipped that looked scary. Twist double with a pike never will get a triple. That is sad nice looking pair but they seem close in height. Maybe an illusion as someone pointed out they are not?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Pleasantly surprised by this team. Good debut (?)

Pet peeve: Please get your tights to match better with your skin tone. Thanks.

Well.. I like them more than MT/M not because of MT but because Wolfe does not make me worry he's going to drop his partner on her head or whatever that awful thing that happened on the twist at nationals was.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
The lifts were solid. He seems strong. I agree with BESP that the costumes seem to have nothing to do with the programme.