2016 Rostelecom Cup Pairs FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup Pairs FS

skatemouse

On the Ice
Did anyone else's stream had the commentators calling out on the pair differences? PT ESP commentator made the same annoying comment about Lithuanian pair she made yesterday, that she was too tall for him and the pair should be "rethought", and how wise Aliona was in choosing a very tall guy. Comeone, check Sui/Han for a totally different example of a team that works with reduced height difference... :confused:

SUi Han are an exception as they were kids together and figured it out but they still struggle with it too. Height difference and body types are essential.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Camille might be a strong jumper if she skates in singles. Some mistakes, but their FS was performed way better than theirs at Autumn Classic. Well done overall for the GP debut.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
They are pleasantly surprised by scores. Aw.

ooooh.. white sparkly onesie!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I don't know how Russians teach the twist but I think all the couples need to go there for bootcamp.

Lota

Record Breaker
Once again, WHAT is that white costume? Why are there cut-outs in weird places? Whyyy?

glorybox6

Final Flight
Beautiful opening twist and then Alisa looks totally uncomfortable and disoriented on both SBS jumps, yikes.

What has happened to Russian pairs?

Nathan13

Medalist
Honestly these lifts make me nervous...they seem so tentative and like she could fall any second...

tulosai

Record Breaker
I definitely liked these two better yesterday, even setting the mistakes aside I think they are ill suited for this kind of program. Still, they'll be interesting to watch develop too, especially if their SBS jumps are more consistent than they seem here.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Goodness the last two lifts were so scary when his arms were shaking :eeking:

and the overrun though......

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Why were they so behind the music? I don't think they'll get credit for that last spin.