2016 Rostelecom Cup Pairs FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup Pairs FS

skatemouse

On the Ice
Beautiful opening twist and then Alisa looks totally uncomfortable and disoriented on both SBS jumps, yikes.

What has happened to Russian pairs?

Just seem young. Innovation though got to get it to them on that note. Eventually they will be very strong. Very strong.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm always enjoying quirkiness and unconventional styles, so I will definitely remember them for the costume as their free program was unfortunately off.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Those lifts made me scared for her.

But this team is really young, right? I think there is loads of potential.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
That "onesie" ...when I saw it I thought modern and then they skated to classic...very strange. Plus all that white she just blended into the ice

jan

On the Ice
I agree! They have beautiful lines. So much better then the pairs team of late. However, I do think their lines lend themselves to classical music.

I definitely liked these two better yesterday, even setting the mistakes aside I think they are ill suited for this kind of program. Still, they'll be interesting to watch develop too, especially if their SBS jumps are more consistent than they seem here.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Julianne and Charlie's turn. Hope for them to make a big redemption.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Those lifts made me scared for her.

But this team is really young, right? I think there is loads of potential.

She's only 17 but he is 22 which is still young but not that young... I do think if she gains any weight or height it's probably not going to work out for them, but in this case I think that's on him, he really needs to do some serious strength training to get the lifts more secure. She's sooo tiny.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Nooo Charlie fal on 3 salchov :( I so wanted them for the grand prix final

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
S/B strong point last year was skating clean, that's not the case this year sadly :(

tulosai

Record Breaker
These two are SUCH excellent performers, they really draw you in with them even when there are mistakes. It's commendable.

glorybox6

Final Flight
Nooo Charlie fal on 3 salchov :( I so wanted them for the grand prix final

They still have a chance to pull into the bronze. Neither A/R nor M/H are known for rock-solid free skates.

Though the impact of the program kind of fizzles when there are mistakes like today.