2016 Rostelecom Gala | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Gala

syvpow

On the Ice
GALA

Javier Fernandez.....Danny Boy..........B ESP.....Arena 1.....2
Anna Pogorilaya.....Into You..........B ESP.....Arena 1.....2
Savchenko / Massot.....Mozart Medley, Nero by Two Steps from Hell..........Arena 1.....2
Bobrova / Soloviev.....They beat us, but we fly..........Arena 1.....2

Shoma Uno.....La vie en rose..........B ESP.....Arena 1.....2
Elena Radionova.....Imagine..........B ESP.....Arena 1.....2
Zabiiako / Enbert.....Russian Rock Opera Yunona & Avos..........Arena 1.....2
Chock / Bates.....Beyonce..........Arena

Alexei Bychenko.....Soul Power & Happy by Derek Martin..........R ESP.....Arena 1.....2
Courtney Hicks.....Hello by Adele..........via fsnews.ru
Astakhova / Rogonov.....Onegin..........Arena 1.....2
Weaver / Poje.....Get Low..........R ESP.....Arena

Mikhail Kolyada.....Hallelujah..........B ESP.....Arena 1.....2
Zijun Li.....Baton Bunny..........B ESP.....Arena 1.....2
Marchei / Hotarek.....Yesterday by Michael Bolton..........Arena 1.....2
Guignard / Fabbri.....La Boheme..........Arena 1.....2

Max Aaron.....Black Betty..........Arena 1.....2
Elizabet Tursynbaeva.....Little Secret..........Arena 1.....2
Seguin / Bilodeau.....Shut up and dance..........Arena 1.....2
Zahorski / Guerreiro.....Valse Triste..........Arena 1.....2

Elladj Balde.....Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars..........B ESP.....R ESP.....Arena 1.....2
Yura Matsuda.....Finale from Nine..........Arena 1.....2
Ruest / Wolfe.....Showdown by Black Eyed Peas..........Arena 1.....2
Fournier Beaudry / Sorensen.....Lay me down by Sam Smith..........Arena 1.....2

FINALE.....No commentary.....B ESP.....Arena 1.....Arena 2

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Zjiun's baton bunny is mad shiny bright fun... what a nice surprise. Baton should be bigger, fluffy type even!!

Anna Anna bannarama, wow you are probably the only Russia lady that can out sexy Ash Wagner in a Shaelynne like program. Goodness me what a difference compare to Evegenia's Ex... woman and child playing grown up!!

Elena.. lovely ex in blue when you are not trying too hard just 'skate'. Wonder what inspired it :D

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Zjiun's baton bunny is mad shiny bright fun... what a nice surprise. Baton should be bigger, fluffy type even!!

Anna Anna bannarama, wow you are probably the only Russia lady that can out sexy Ash Wagner in a Shaelynne like program. Goodness me what a difference compare to Evegenia's Ex... woman and child playing grown up!!

Actually, I think Tuk can do sexy like no other...

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
but her costumes always comes out too *ahem ahem* you know what i mean? Less is more :p

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Finally watched entire EX from beginning to end...

Lots of terrible Beatles covers being used. :noshake:

Wish I saw more of Zijun Li in galas these days...

Happy to see more of the Russian skaters actually using Russian music.

Can't believe Javi kept his boring 'Danny Boy' EX... especially after keeping his old SP too. What has he been doing since the end of Worlds?

I was expecting more from Pogorilaya based on the comments here. Seemed like a fairly generic EX set to pop music, nothing particularly memorable. Still fun.

I liked how the finale took the time to highlight each individual skater in the gala. And dropping the party streamers!

Was anyone even in the Megasport arena to watch the gala today? All I saw were empty seats for the most part... :(

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Finally watched entire EX from beginning to end...
I was expecting more from Pogorilaya based on the comments here. Seemed like a fairly generic EX set to pop music, nothing particularly memorable. Still fun.

I think this is a matter of taste, but for me this Ex from Anna really showed a young woman who loves what she does. The song is a very current pop song, true. Anna performs the hell out of it, even sings along. It's something very fun and exciting. Honestly I never seen her shine like this before. I watched the ISU stream and when every skater had left the ice Anna was still around smiling at people, clapping. I enjoyed this so much because I felt her joy coming through. I guess it is the fangirl in me speaking, but for me, she is the most feminine of the current ladies skaters. And that's the thing I love to see! No, it wasn't groundbreaking. But for me, it was perfect. And I usually am not the biggest Gala fan.

Last edited:

lishazard

Rinkside
Holy smokes, Anna looked gorgeous in this exhibition. Like her skating, her beauty gets lost in the sea of gorgeous Russian skaters, and this is the first time I'm appreciating it - very different type of beauty from, say, Yulia's or Lena's, but very special. Learning to appreciate her this year.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just watched the gala.

On the whole, really enjoyable. But, I just want to point out a couple of things I didn't like.

Firstly, Weaver / Poje. I thought we had heard the last of that awful song after the fuss over Liza using it. The routine itself was really good, but the music spoiled it for me.

Javi, Javi, what have you done?! I LOVED the Aerobics Class. I LOVED Black Betty. So, why come out and skate to that dreary song that we use as our National Anthem???!!!

But, most of all, I did not like the butcher's job that Eurosport did to the gala. Missing the first routine completely, and taking a hatchet to the first three that they did show to let them catch up. And then missing the first 2 routines of the second half because they were showing repeats during the interval.

Bad job guys

CaroLiza_fan