Entries 2016 Golden Spin of Zagreb | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Entries 2016 Golden Spin of Zagreb

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Does anyone have a link either for streaming or start orders/results?

Zagreb should never be the last event of the Challengers Series. No results? No live stream? This is ridiculous.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone have a link either for streaming or start orders/results?

Zagreb should never be the last event of the Challengers Series. No results? No live stream? This is ridiculous.

There's a live stream its just not free. Cost is €20 ;)

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Excited to see Carol and worried about Gracie. I think Carol will end up on the podium but will lack big time in the TES. It's been a long since she's competed and she wasn't always the most consistent, but I'm really happy to see on the ice regardless. Good luck!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I think the ladies here will be interesting....:popcorn:
(wish I would live long enough to were the teleporter is invented so I could attend both events this weekend! )

Sackie

Medalist
So, considering Skate Canada may have limited $$$, where should they invest? Men... not only Patrick Chan is on his last competitions but there is no established succession. Kevin will probably retire after the games as well.. .he already has a silver in the team event... he's won 4CC.. He's been through so much... i could see him do one more year just to get a National title but yeah... Nam is still growing and developing but was lucky to have two GPs. Nicolas has been hurt. He needs to compete. Keegan was robbed by his laces at ACI ;) he was skating so well. His jumps were spot on. Roman has been steadily improving. These guys will be competing with Nam, Elladj and Kevin for the top 5 at Nationals. ( I unfortunately think that Liam is not in good condition scoring only 70 pts in the SP at Challenge but I hope he will have a better LP. ... ) So I think that's why Skate Canada wants to invest on the men right now... the other disciplines look pretty much all set but the men it's anyone's game for #2-6. Considering that Patrick is a contender at worlds, Canada needs a very strong showing from its second man to get 3 guys for the Olympics. I think that's part of the reason why men are getting another shot...

I see your point but where I feel Skate Canada falls short in not sending others to these B events is that they count towards rankings and SB lists. And quite often the scores are quite inflated so that means skaters at these events who do well can end up with better rankings and SB then other skaters who only do GP events.
Case in point is Ambar Glenn who had a great result here and who now will have better chance at getting a GP assignment next year.