Alexandra Trusova | Page 121 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
100%. Think about it: Sasha is one of the major forces in the quads revolution and she is delivering very good results (although not always the best), and Russian Fed decides to not send her to the worlds. Does this make any sense?

She controls her own destiny, but is cutting it very close as of late. We'll have to wait and see what 4 weeks of full intensity training will do to her spirit and chances.

Snorlax

Rinkside
Country
United-Kingdom
Alexandra Trusova said:
- When they tell me to simplify the content, the thought comes to me: well, I definitely have to skate cleanly. And with that, as complicated as possible, I still think I have the right to make a mistake. When it’s difficult, this makes it easier (smiles)

Yeah, this confirms my suspicion that her attitude is detrimental to her health...

She can do quads, but not reliable, and she'd rather risk falling on her quads than to try skating a clean performance with triples like Alena Kostornaia.
For me, the latter approach is much more viable, because it is more enjoyable and of course it is safer for the skater. Ye yeh, "no risk no fun" they say, but no risk is worth breaking your body and not being able to skate or even walk when you're 40. These girls aren't even out of puberty yet, and no doubt they are record breakers, very impressive, but I'd rather have a mature, composed and wise skater doing less than someone overarchieving and burning through their health :(

I really, really hope that what she does now does not break her for later years. I'd love to see her as a grown up in competition, or even as a coach.

Artemisa

Final Flight
Yeah, this confirms my suspicion that her attitude is detrimental to her health...

She can do quads, but not reliable, and she'd rather risk falling on her quads than to try skating a clean performance with triples like Alena Kostornaia.
For me, the latter approach is much more viable, because it is more enjoyable and of course it is safer for the skater. Ye yeh, "no risk no fun" they say, but no risk is worth breaking your body and not being able to skate or even walk when you're 40. These girls aren't even out of puberty yet, and no doubt they are record breakers, very impressive, but I'd rather have a mature, composed and wise skater doing less than someone overarchieving and burning through their health :(

I really, really hope that what she does now does not break her for later years. I'd love to see her as a grown up in competition, or even as a coach.

If she skate only triples she wouldn't have any shot of winning against alena or anna

Snorlax

Rinkside
Country
United-Kingdom
If she skate only triples she wouldn't have any shot of winning against alena or anna
That's probably true at this point :( I wonder though how she would've done/would do if she had used the time she spent on practising quads for perfecting triple-performances. It's a "what if"/theoretical question of course, but maybe she would've been another Alena Kostornaia! :) But on the other hand, she might not be the type for it. She comes across as the cheeky-go-risky type.

Regardless of that I admit that Tutberidze certainly knows how to utilize her champs in a way she can play various different cards and can win with either one or another.

Batsuchan

Medalist
Aleksandra Trusova: I look at my five-year-old brother and I don't want to grow up

-- And it happens, skaters argue for jumping.

- We have Alyona (Kostornaya) arguing. It happens when she can't jump her triple Axel, she skates up to us and says: “let's bet”! Moreover, it doesn’t matter what we are doing at this moment, we are answering something or not - she is still sure that we argued. If she jumps, she is showing us something.

-- And if you don’t jump, do you have something for her?

- No, because sometimes we don’t even hear that she argues with us (laughs).

-- What does she bring?

- Always something different, sometimes chocolates. Looking at what we argue over.

Thanks as always for translating, Edwin! :thank:

The little brother she talks about at the end is the one who said "tear them all to pieces," is it? :laugh:

I'm very confused by the passage above, though. :confused: So Aliona and Sasha "argue"? It sounds more like they're "betting" on who can make a jump or not...? Or they "dare" each other to do jumps? I'm confused... Can someone explain please? :pray:

Vemvane

On the Ice
Aleksandra's official interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlbGNoJAZAc , with quality English subtitles.

Thank you for this! I am always impressed by how articulate these girls are in their interviews, and how thoughtful their answers are. Interesting that she says that she can physically do the jumps, but that when performing she can't seem to compose herself - may she work through her current mental block and come out the other side her usual remarkable self.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Thanks as always for translating, Edwin! :thank:

The little brother she talks about at the end is the one who said "tear them all to pieces," is it? :laugh:

I'm very confused by the passage above, though. :confused: So Aliona and Sasha "argue"? It sounds more like they're "betting" on who can make a jump or not...? Or they "dare" each other to do jumps? I'm confused... Can someone explain please? :pray:

Here we are talking about Alena, who seems to often do something " to argue" . This is like a favorite word for every person, many have it, their favorite word.IMO

Batsuchan

Medalist
I found another translation of Sasha's interview here:
https://fs-gossips.com/alexandra-tr...ontent-all-the-time-i-always-want-to-do-more/

This description made more sense to me:
Because sometimes skaters jump on a dare.

– Aliona Kostornaia does so. Sometimes when a triple axel doesn’t turn out, she comes to us and says: “Let’s make a bet”! Moreover, it doesn’t matter what we are doing at this moment, we are answering something or not – she is sure that we made a bet. If she jumps, she brings us something.

And if she doesn’t jump, do you bring her something?

– No, because sometimes we don’t even hear that she makes a bet (laughs).

What does she bring?

– Always different, sometimes chocolates.

:laugh:

Decoder

On the Ice
President of the Russian Figure Skating Federation ( FFKR ) Alexander Gorshkov spoke about the choice of the composition of the Russian team for the World Cup.

- This year it was not even discussed who would go to the World Cup: Alexander Trusov or Elizaveta Tuktamysheva ?

- And why should it have been discussed? You yourself saw everything at the European Championships. Alexandra completed the planned task, which she was established. What should be the reason that she did not go to the World Cup?

https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1082970030.html?from=main-news-fs

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
President of the Russian Figure Skating Federation ( FFKR ) Alexander Gorshkov spoke about the choice of the composition of the Russian team for the World Cup.

- This year it was not even discussed who would go to the World Cup: Alexander Trusov or Elizaveta Tuktamysheva ?

- And why should it have been discussed? You yourself saw everything at the European Championships. Alexandra completed the planned task, which she was established. What should be the reason that she did not go to the World Cup?

https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1082970030.html?from=main-news-fs

The original source is a Sankt Peterburg publication, trying to throw shade on Trusova https://www.sportsdaily.ru/articles...y-tuktamyshevoj-kto-poedet-na-chempionat-mira

IMO, Trusova passed more FFKKR criteria than Tuktamysheva, and glad Gorshkov is without doubt too.

But Aleksandra faces her toughest test of character now, I have faith in #TeamTutberidzeForProgress to fine tune and set her up properly for optimum delivery in Montreal.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I would also not understand the point of any consideration. We can talk about the fairness of some of the Liza's scores (GP), but the fact is that her best season's score is 221, while Sasha's season's worst score is 225. I am a huge fan of Alina Zagitova (some of you may have missed it :biggrin:) and I'm still missing her in the second half of the season, but despite that I woudn't understand if somebody would want to put her into the team for worlds instead of any of the 3A in this moment.

Without injury or any similarly serious problem the team should be as it is.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I'm a little concerned with how upset Sasha was after her last 2 free skates at Nationals and Europeans. I hope there is someone on her team or in her family who can pick her spirits up and make her feel good about herself because she was very upset.. I have no doubt she is a perfectionist and expects herself to be able to pull off everything.. But that is very hard to do even for super athlete great talent gutsy girl like Sasha.