Alexandra Trusova

Vemvane

On the Ice

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico

I just finished watching the docu...
My main take away is that Sasha at some point lost some of the trust she had in her coaches when she kept asking to jump more and they didn't let her. While I think they had good reasons for that, I can understand that Sasha would feel like she needs a change or a different opinion.

I'm not one of those that believes that the most important thing in skating is so called "artistry". I think every skater has their own strenghts and weaknesses and there's a style for any taste. So I don't expect Sasha to start focusing less on her jumps to focus more on spins or arms or choreo or whatever. I do think that consistency and clean skates are the most important thing and that should be the priority.

I still feel like the 5 quad + 3 axel layout seems a bit too much right now. Out of the men, I believe only Nathan Chen has been able to pull that off and only after the Olympics he was able to do it consistently.
Maybe Plushenko will be able to convince Sasha to take it easy, start slowly and be patient. I hope so.

I always admired Sasha for her fearlessness, power and desire to push the limits of ladies skating. I hope this change brings her some peace of mind and satisfaction in her skating.

katymay

Medalist
I just finished watching the docu...
My main take away is that Sasha at some point lost some of the trust she had in her coaches when she kept asking to jump more and they didn't let her. While I think they had good reasons for that, I can understand that Sasha would feel like she needs a change or a different opinion.

I'm not one of those that believes that the most important thing in skating is so called "artistry". I think every skater has their own strenghts and weaknesses and there's a style for any taste. So I don't expect Sasha to start focusing less on her jumps to focus more on spins or arms or choreo or whatever. I do think that consistency and clean skates are the most important thing and that should be the priority.

I still feel like the 5 quad + 3 axel layout seems a bit too much right now. Out of the men, I believe only Nathan Chen has been able to pull that off and only after the Olympics he was able to do it consistently.
Maybe Plushenko will be able to convince Sasha to take it easy, start slowly and be patient. I hope so.

I always admired Sasha for her fearlessness, power and desire to push the limits of ladies skating. I hope this change brings her some peace of mind and satisfaction in her skating.

I think the latter part of last year, she lost her efficient rotation. Probably due to her growth spurt, age etc. Her legs were loose in the air, etc. I can see how Plushy is a better fit for her. I think Eteri would have ensured that she was an overall better skater, but I think Plushy is a better fit. Also I've noticed they seem to have more fun. It isn't as intense as Sambo. Already I've noticed in the few practice clips that her position in the jumps is better, and her rotation is faster. And I think they have worked with her on interviews-I know she is very shy, but she is much more poised now.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
I think the latter part of last year, she lost her efficient rotation. Probably due to her growth spurt, age etc. Her legs were loose in the air, etc. I can see how Plushy is a better fit for her. I think Eteri would have ensured that she was an overall better skater, but I think Plushy is a better fit. Also I've noticed they seem to have more fun. It isn't as intense as Sambo. Already I've noticed in the few practice clips that her position in the jumps is better, and her rotation is faster. And I think they have worked with her on interviews-I know she is very shy, but she is much more poised now.

Plush does seem to know a way to tweak or refine her quad technique. I'm really looking forward to see how it affects her jump stability and layout in competition.

My impression is that coaching Sasha will be Plush's personal project, while, for example Aliona will be coached by Rozanov.

GINO

On the Ice
My impression is that coaching Sasha will be Plush's personal project, while, for example Aliona will be coached by Rozanov.

No way, Rozanov left TT at the same time with Sasha and I'm sure they had an agreement to work together. It seems that Alyona's transfer was unexpected and I'm worried if Sergei will have less time for Sasha than planned before.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
No way, Rozanov left TT at the same time with Sasha and I'm sure they had an agreement to work together. It seems that Alyona's transfer was unexpected and I'm worried if Sergei will have less time for Sasha than planned before.

According to the docu Sasha wanted to work with Plush not Sergei..or both of them...In every interview of Plush he said they are working together.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
According to the docu Sasha wanted to work with Plush not Sergei..or both of them...In every interview of Plush he said they are working together.

Also, Plushenko seems to see some aspects of his skating style and personality in Sasha and viceversa. And in all the training videos so far, we've seen the two of them interacting together, with Sergei on the side.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Also, Plushenko seems to see some aspects of his skating style and personality in Sasha and viceversa. And in all the training videos so far, we've seen the two of them interacting together, with Sergei on the side.

Yes, maybe I was equivocal . I wanted to say "In every interview of Plush he said they are working together."-working together with Sergei. :)

Lillebror

Rinkside
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDtsJXKjwW7/ Free program “Romeo and Juliet”(First part “ Kissing you “ by Craig Armstrong ,second part “Gentle night” by Abel Korzeniowski, third part “Montagues and Capulets” by Richard Clayderman)

What a good idea! Juliet fits Alexandra‘s age perfectly. She‘s also very brave. The choice of music sounds very promising. I already downloaded the soundtrack.

Scott512

Record Breaker
What a good idea! Juliet fits Alexandra‘s age perfectly. She‘s also very brave. The choice of music sounds very promising. I already downloaded the soundtrack.

Sasha is always looking to do big things. R and J? I hope she pulls it off. If she does it will be the most spectcular R and J ever! :agree:

Arbitrary

Medalist
I cannot see Trusova and a liric heroine.

A couple of years ago I watched a movie about modern tank warfare. The music was "The attack of a tanks' Armada". The mix of pretty military and patriotic music and some noise made by tanks' from inside and outside.

First thing I was thinking about how would Sasha place her quads for this music? Really there were no good place for a cantilever...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Fried

Final Flight
I would love to see Sasha in a trouser role as Romeo. It would suit her unbelievable technique better, and any comparison would be blocked. It also would be unique in terms of R&J too - just right for Sasha.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
In my opinion, a great idea for Sasha could’ve been a Pirates of a Caribbean program.
The music is great and has a build up, it’s also a fun and light piece, not a dark and moody one + it would’ve had that “warrior” vibe and feel, which I think suits Sasha.
It would’ve been slightly out of her comfort zone, but still something that matches her artistical style.

I really liked the one Young You did, both fun, with that “pirate” feel and it is really effective in engaging with the audience too.

sparklestan

On the Ice
In my opinion, a great idea for Sasha could’ve been a Pirates of a Caribbean program.
The music is great and has a build up, it’s also a fun and light piece, not a dark and moody one + it would’ve had that “warrior” vibe and feel, which I think suits Sasha.
It would’ve been slightly out of her comfort zone, but still something that matches her artistical style.

I really liked the one Young You did, both fun, with that “pirate” feel and it is really effective in engaging with the audience too.
Yes!!! I love this idea for Sasha!!
There are soft parts to work on her line and powerful parts to show off her awesome technique, the best of both worlds! :)