Alexandra Trusova | Page 125 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

Fried

Final Flight
"What happens if I fail? Nothing - those who love me will support me anyway.”
It is exactly like that.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Alexandra Trusova and here family members (parents and two younger brothers) were evacuated from Egypt at 27/3/20 after their vacations cancelled with an order of Russian gov.
She's quarantined for two weeks.

https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...ovana-iz-egipta-i-uhodit-na-karantin-1657634/

Russian government way late with that decision.

I sure hope Sasha perhaps the most sensational ladies figure skater of all time does not have COVID19. I blame her parents and coaches for not being on the ball about why their children or athletes should not travel internationally at this time. We all know in the offseason the figure skaters love to travel to Turkey and my state of Florida and America but that's not a good idea this offseason let's put it that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice
One can be a fan, but there is no denying the the complete irresponsibility he committed when going on vacation in the midst of a global pandemic that has more than half a million people sick and more than 30,000 in the cemetery.

Hopefully she is not infected, because if she is, there is a 50% chance that she will generate a chronic condition that will end with pulmonary fibrosis, and there she will be confirming the end of her career, not only in skating, but in any sport, including amater level.

The pandemic is real, it is the worst of the 21st century, and many still have no idea what the planet is facing. More responsibility, in some countries corpses are piled on the streets like bags. It is time to become aware.

Scott512

Record Breaker
One can be a fan, but there is no denying the the complete irresponsibility he committed when going on vacation in the midst of a global pandemic that has more than half a million people sick and more than 30,000 in the cemetery.

Hopefully she is not infected, because if she is, there is a 50% chance that she will generate a chronic condition that will end with pulmonary fibrosis, and there she will be confirming the end of her career, not only in skating, but in any sport, including amater level.

The pandemic is real, it is the worst of the 21st century, and many still have no idea what the planet is facing. More responsibility, in some countries corpses are piled on the streets like bags. It is time to become aware.

Youre very frank and strong post terrifies me! I hope to God Sasha does not have this. I think if she did or at least had symptoms of it we would have heard of it by now.

but the scary thing is that many athletes much bigger and stronger than Sasha with greater lung capacity are getting this virus. Basketball players and hockey players in particular. Scary stuff. Sad. especially for those who are sick and have passed away from this virus and their families and friends as well who are left to pick up the pieces.

Arbitrary

Medalist
Russian physicist of a major football/soccer club said if one had a corona in "not an easy form" there are little chances to return to his/her active sport career.
We may expect quite a few "resignations"...

Scott512

Record Breaker
Russian physicist of a major football/soccer club said if one had a corona in "not an easy form" there are little chances to return to his/her active sport career.
We may expect quite a few "resignations"...

Hopefully not. I don't want to see any athlete have their career ruined by this let alone their lives.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
The recent pictures of Trusova are beautiful and full of sparkle. I also hope she remains well, despite the ill-advised trip.

Fried

Final Flight
I hope Sasha will post something again soon. The incubation period is usually 5-6 days and it would be nice to hear that she is healthy.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
" I consider myself an adult. " Aleksandra Trusova - about new programs, plans after her career and self-isolation

Large interview with the 15-year-old queen of quadruple jumps.

Figure skater Aleksandra Trusova is one of the discoveries of this season in any sport. Yes, at the main tournaments, Sasha took Bronze medals, although she counted on Gold. But there is a logical explanation for this: “ Russian rocket ” chose to be true to herself and take risks. As the 15-year-old skater said, the main goal was to perform five quads in the free program. About this, the results of the season, plans for the future and life in self-isolation, Aleksandra told in a conversation with SE.

For a long time I could not believe in the cancelling of the World Championships

- Sasha, first of all - how do you survive the current regime of self-isolation?

" We are now in a house in the countryside, we are lucky, we have a large plot where you can play with your dogs and siblings. I very rarely communicate with my brothers during the season, usually I travel with my mother everywhere. Now, because of the current situation, I spend more time with my family. We are definitely not bored. I train, but mostly indoors. I can go out into the yard, where I can jump, I need to keep myself in shape.

- You do not have enough medals from one tournament to complete your collection; from the senior World Championships that is. What were your emotions after its cancellation?

" In the beginning, for a long time I could not believe it. I didn’t know what could happen in order to cancel something in figure skating. At first I could not believe it, then I was upset, because I was ready for it, I wanted to show better skating than in my previous competitions. There was a feeling that the season had not yet ended. "

- How to deal with disappointment? Because, you still posted a great program with five quads on Instagram.

" I can’t say that there was a direct disappointment. I have a big family, a lot of animals, everyone supports me (smiles). I spend time with them, I feel good. "

- In your opinion, was it possible to hold the championship in those conditions, at least without spectators?

" I don't think so. The decision is still correct it seems to me. And how to conduct without spectators? They give support, it is very important, it is nice to see them in the stands. "

- But were you ready to fly?

" Oh sure. We specially prepared for this World Championships. "

- There is this idea about holding the tournament in the autumn, how about you?

" Immediately after cancelling I thought - yes, it would be nice in October, we still have already been selected, I do not want to miss such a tournament. But now I don’t know. After all, it is unknown how long this situation will last. "

I never cheated in my life

- How do you feel about the present? We can see that you are training, but what else? Movies, computer games?

" Basically I am preparing for the OGE (Basic State Exam for Schoolchildren). It, of course, was transferred, but there was little time to study during the season. I tried, and thanks to the teachers for studying with me during their after hours. And now I am also actively engaged. So I read books, prepare for OGE, less often watch TV. "

- And the exam was postponed to what date? You weren't told that you might have to conduct it remotely via Skype, what are we talking about now?

" Officially, it was moved to June, should have passed earlier. But about Skype - no, they haven’t said anything yet. Apparently, they will decide according to the situation, as with everything else. "

- It’s probably easier to cheat remotely?

" I've never cheated. "

- Come on, not once in life?

" I took the last tests back in elementary school, when I knew everything and there was no need to cheat. And in other cases, I usually write my assignments at home or just outline the paragraphs. For a long time I did not take tests. Therefore, yes, I didn't cheat. "

- What are you reading?

" Agatha Christie, detectives, all kinds of fantasy. Tired - change. "

- Agatha Christie, I remember from a year ago. You're still into her?

“ I have a lot of her books. ”

- You spend a lot of time with your brothers. Did you teach them how to jump? Or do they, on the contrary, teach you wrestling techniques?

“ I've tried several times, but they don’t want to. They try, but it turns out pretty funny. We mainly play badminton, volleyball, games not related to my sport. They train their tricks on me, but I also try not to let them do it. My younger brother, Vanya, went to boxing and says, 'let me teach you'. He is five years old, he gets up, shows blows. It looks funny too. But he is serious!

- Your main feature are the quads. I saw you jumping a triple Axel on the floor, but is it really possible to train a quadruple at home?

" An Axel - this is three and a half turns, that is, it seems almost possible. But I tried more than three and a half, twisting a little bit. And this is an Axel, which is easier to jump on the floor than on ice, personally to me at least. And all the other jumps are harder. Therefore, a quadruple on the floor doesn't work. "

- So, this self-isolation hits you harder than your rivals. After all, they can train their triples.

" No, it's bad for everyone. No matter how much you jump on the floor, anyway, you forget this feeling of being on ice. Everything is completely different there. In the absence of ice, it is hard for us all to maintain our shape. "

- Are you scared because of the situation around the virus?

" I have not yet felt fear. We are in a country house with our family, almost nothing has changed, only we don’t go anywhere. And no training. "

I have long wanted to try a program in a lyrical style

- Any ideas on next season's programs? You've had the “Game of Thrones”, now there is a lot of time to watch TV shows, maybe something fell into your liking?

" Not yet thought about this, there was no time. Usually, when we spend time on ice, Daniil Markovich listens to music, we, too, look for options. Due to the fact that everyone is sitting at home now, no ideas. "

- There are preferences, maybe? At the last show you went out in a new dress with a new program, can you tell us more about it?

" The idea was my coaches', they offered me a lyrical program. I have long wanted to try something in this style, so I decided to put it on. It seems to have turned out pretty well ... I definitely enjoyed skating it. "

- It can become your short program, was there such a plan?

" There was no plan yet. But perhaps next season there will be lyrical programs."

- Do you want to move towards the lyricals?

" I want to try things that are different from each other. "

- You even tried the triple Axel on that show. Does this mean that this now is the main leap that you need to learn for the next season?

" I need to learn how to jump it stably. While I can’t always do it right. I am learning it, but for me it still remains the most difficult. And one more task - so that by next season all quad jumps are also stable. "

- How would you rate the past season? Sorry to remind you of school - but like on a five-point scale?

" Four out of five "

- Are you dissatisfied with something?

" Sure. "

- More to the point, the Bronze medals at the decisive starts, did you expect more?

" I just didn't skate my programs out the way I wanted. I wanted to make five clean quadruples in the free program this season, so far I've only managed four. So this will be my goal for next season. "

- Would you've succeeded at the World Championships? Given that video on Instagram?

" I don’t know, training is one thing, competition is another. It is necessary to get yourself together at the right time. I believe that at the final of the Grand Prix and at the Championship of Russia, I could do everything better. I just didn’t. "

- We followed the Ice Oscars, was it important to win one?

" I haven't really watched, to be honest. But to win would be nice, of course. "

- How did your parents comment on your latest performances? They gave advice?

" My dad is a sportsman, he always gives me advice on how to tune in, how to train. Mom understands everything in figure skating, is present at every training session, and prompts me after training. I’m primarily a daughter for them, therefore they support me. "

- That is, there are no complaints why you jumped so or so, and not in another way?

" Of course not. "

After the championship of Russia I went out into the corridor and was told: 'Don’t upset us like that'

- You already joked on the topic of TShchK, that you three take turns in winning, you would like the World Championships to remain your tournament. It turns out that Anna and Alyona now owe you?

" I can’t tell about the debts of Anya and Alyona, rather I just wanted to fulfil my own goal in the season, which I set as soon as the Flip turned out well. I decided that I still needed to jump five quads. But I'm glad that it turned out well with three and four, because last season there wasn’t such a thing. Five has not yet been done, I hope, I will succeed in the following competitions. "

- After your skating run at the Russian Championship, you had tears in your eyes, but already at the press conference you were positive. How did you manage to recover so quickly?

" I have a lot of support. After the Russian Championships, many told me that I shouldn't cry anymore. In the corridor, everyone probably came up with words like: 'Don’t upset us like that anymore.' (smiles) I believe that in general you should hide your emotions in public. "

- What did Eteri Georgievna say in the locker room?

" Well, what could she say? That there were mistakes, that we will work more and do more skating runs. "

- Twice at the stages of the “Grand Prix” during the season, you performed together with Yevgeniya Medvyedeva, who you've called your guideline. Did you two manage to chat?

" Of course, we always communicate when we see each other. Moreover, when she was a pupil of Eteri Georgiyevna, we lived in the same room in Novogorsk, there we talked a lot. So there were common topics for conversation. "

- She didn’t share tips as an elder?

" No, we were more likely to exchange common phrases - about that, about this. "

- At the same Championship of Russia, Yevgeniya withdrew because of a broken skates. From your own experience, can you really say that you can skate on broken skates? Or you can only withdraw?

" I can’t tell, because I don’t know where exactly she had a tear, how exactly they broke. Of course, you can’t skate on broken skates because you can get injured. Zhenya must have made the right decision. "

- Sasha, are you superstitious? Are there any rituals before performances?

" No, nothing. I try to tune according to the situation. I tune myself in according to how I am feeling. "

- You can say that in this sense you are more likely to have a mathematical mindset? No horoscope?

" You can say yes. I don’t believe in any of this. I take Tina with me to the competitions. But this is for my wellbeing, together with her it is easier to spend time in hotel rooms. "

- She didn't start jumping Axel's in isolation?

" She didn't. Lana jumps. Into my hands from the floor with ease. And Tina basically sleeps and eats. (smiles) Now they are both sitting next to each other overthere. "

I consider myself an adult

- I talked with your class teacher, and she said that child-athletes 'have no golden childhood.' You agree that you do not have enough free time, for leisure?

“ I don't understand what this 'golden childhood' means. I had a very good childhood, I always did what I wanted, I can ride all kinds of vehicles - a bicycle, a scooter, rollerskates, a skateboard, what else is there? "

- Skates.

" Yes. (laughs) I have everything electric, scooters. In general, my life is unusual, not like the life of others. I travel a lot, I see all countries that are possible. And I really like it, I don't want it otherwise. "

- Which country did you like the most? Maybe you'd like to move there in the future?

" Move over? I generally want to live in Russia. But I like Japan, they like figure skating and there is pleasant atmosphere there. From the exotic - Australia, there I saw different animals that we don't have here, koalas, kangaroos. I held a koala in my hands and I've fed them both. It was very interesting. I liked everything except that it took me such a long time to fly there. "

- Which country do you want to go to when the borders are opened?

" To the beaches, as always, if possible. And I want to go to Spain, to the amusement park Port Aventura. "

- Often you have to hear the phrase, they say, young people are wasting a lot of time on their phones. You see something bad in this, are there any favourite bloggers, maybe you've caught the fashion for TikTok?

" The telephone is a convenient invention. You can call from anywhere or to find out anything. You just open the Internet and look for what you need. You can order everything by phone. I don’t have any favourite bloggers; I usually watch something funny about animals. About TikTok, I didn’t record anything myself, once I wanted to try with my sister, but something did not't work. Sometimes I watch a video from there, or my brother shows some to me. But it’s funny. "

- You talked about childhood in the past tense. It turns out that you already feel not as a child, but as an adult?

" Well, if you count by the standards of figure skating, I already skate with the adults. So, of course, I consider myself an adult. Moreover, I have two younger brothers. And two dogs that I take care of myself. "

I am going to perform until 22 years of age. Then - three children

- After the Russian Championship, only three of our best representatives actually participate in big tournaments. Would you like to have another tournament with all the Russian skaters, with a prize pool? Because for the rest there is essentially nothing to do after New Year?

" Maybe some other tournament could be held. But no later than the World Championships, because after it I need to begin learning quadruples. Between the European and World Championships, in principle it’s possible. "

- For example, the final of the Cup of Russia, it its status were increased?

" Why not? "

- You said that at the end of the season you will learn the quadruple Rittberger. Have you started on it, maybe have done successful attempts?

- No, no, I didn't have time to try him yet. Never. There were competitions for our juniors, all over Russia, special programs, Sergey Viktorovich and Sergey Aleksandrovich traveled with them. Mostly its them who work with the harness and fishing rod, it was impossible to start without them. They weren't there, so I could not try. "

- Have you seen the video of a successful attempt by Korean Yong Yu?

“ I saw it, but somehow everything is very blurry and incomprehensible. Of course I watch those things. "

- Does it motivate you to get it quicker, to try to be the first to compete it?

" Of course, I want to quickly learn it, jump it as first, but so far I can’t start in any way, unfortunately. "

- Alina Zagitova mastered pair skating in the show. If you were to choose, who would you pair up with? You've already skated in parallel with men.

" I can’t imagine myself in pair skating. Because I'm afraid, I don’t trust another skater. All these twists, throws ... Never. "

- Never in general? Even if you were offered a show after finishing your career?

" No. " (shakes her head)

- In general, for how many years would you like to perform?

" Until 22. We'll see, but these are my thoughts. "

- And what's next?

" Then three children, two girls and a boy, that's what I want. And of course, I'll have a lot of dogs. "

- Then I have to ask - are there any applicants?

" No. While I am in sports, I can’t have them, it will be distracting. "

- And don't you even go on dates?

" Nope. "

- You said that you are an adult by the standards of figure skating, but not everyone is happy. There is a proposal to raise the age limit. What's your answer to the supporters of such a measure? You are unlikely to be in favour.

" Of course, I do not want to increase the minimum age, but I will not answer anything else. As they decide, so it will be. But I have been performing in juniors for two years, now I want to perform in senior skating. "

- What would you wish your fans?

" Stay at home, wash your hands more often, take care of yourself, all health to you! Be careful not to fall ill. There are a lot of things you can do at home, don't get bored! And spend time with your family. "

- Which of your programs should they watch first first?

- If they want to have a laugh, then something from among my first, when I was only small. Third youth rank, for example. That will be fun! "

Watch the video version of the interview on SE's YouTube channel soon

(c) Дмитрий Кузнецов
-----
From: https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...rvyu-chempionki-mira-sredi-molodezhi-1660171/

Now, lets see if Kuznetsov's bias shows here too ....

Last edited: