Alexandra Trusova | Page 120 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

Decoder

On the Ice
If you guys were watching, did she got 3A downgraded to 2A or was she just wobbly on 2A?

No attempt of 3A, just a bad 2A. Maybe she was thinking which one to go, 2A or 3A? I cannot think of any possible cause for a bad 2A by Sasha.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
It was marked as a 2A on protocols, not 3A<<.

I thought it looked almost like a popped jump, as if she changed her mind at the last second. Also, there was a turn out in the landing of the 2A.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Thanks, guys. I had a feeling that with how much they likely trained 3A in the past weeks it might caused a problem, because her 2A before was super clean

Decoder

On the Ice
Trusov about the causes of the mistake on the double axel (https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1082650673.html)
google translation:

Russian figure skater Alexandra Trusova commented on a mistake on the double axel that she made in the short program at the European Championships in Graz.

For hire, the Russian woman scored 74.95 points and took third place.

“I don’t know (what the mistake is), I just always want to jump the triple axel. Now, after the New Year holidays, I have not restored it enough.

Maybe grown by one centimeter during this time. “I got the content that I have now in two weeks (after the holidays), and the one that I want to show in an arbitrary way, worked out two days before the European Championship,” said Trusova.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
She says that she wants to show in the free program what she had prepped 2 days before the Euros. Does this mean we are back to the packed layout for FS? One thing sounds for sure, is that she is after that 3A

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
She says that she wants to show in the free program what she had prepped 2 days before the Euros. Does this mean we are back to the packed layout for FS? One thing sounds for sure, is that she is after that 3A

There should be video interview by now, either the official ISU, or from Olga Yermolina/Tat'yana Flade by FFKKR authority or with the Russian e-media, TV or press present in Graz.

From the short quote below, it seems to me Aleksandra is a little overtrained/overstrained mentally, thus confusing herself. She is probably very eager to show her triksel, but the trainers forbade her, and her motoric memory got mixed up? Anyways, after that small mishap (no ungraceful fall whatsoever) she fought for every element, finally got Level 4 on her step sequence, jumped her big combination and did everything expected and perhaps demanded from her.

She needs that triksel badly, come World Championships. I wonder what is actually keeping the trainers so restrained ....

katymay

Medalist
She has had a growth spurt, also notice that she seems to have lost weight, and perhaps strength. Or it is just that since she has grown, she looks less muscular. Still, a big "WHEW" today. I hope she knocks it out of the park on the long.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Well done to Alexandra on her new SB - she has definitely improved, performance-wise, this season, though that 2A landing and the Biellmann that nearly wasn't gave me a moment when watching the stream. I really did think that she wasn't going to get that leg up and over her head, as the Biellmann has always looked like a struggle for her, but then she made it, and I breathed a sigh of relief. It's so odd to watch her and feel tense in the SP, but after Russian Nationals, I am suddenly so much more anxious for her, and today has not helped much. On the other hand, that 3Lz-3T was fantastic, and she even got +5 for GOE from one of the judges on it - she and Aliona were the only two that I can see, skimming the protocols, who got +5 GOE on any of the jumps today. I can't decide if I want the 3Lz-3Lo back, or if I'm glad for the sake of her hips that it is gone, because there is only so much wear and tear a body can take in a competitive career, even if the body is as strong and tough and fit as Sasha's is.

I'm glad to see that the costume change co-operated today, and once again, she was a marvellous troll as she came hopping and skipping over the ice. It is possibly my favourite moment of the entire programme, and one that I look forward to every time. It just has so much character, and I would dearly love to see the judges' faces when she does that.

Speaking of faces, the look she had on her face just as she came off the ice, when one of the little girls came sliding across at speed in pursuit of one of her gifts, made me giggle. Those kids were clearly taking the gift collecting very seriously, racing each other to get to them first, and apparently being so single-minded in their pursuit that even Alexandra Trusova appeared a little concerned, for the briefest of moments, about being skated into! And that enormous bear that was lobbed onto the rink for her, oh my, doing a very slow somersault on the ice and landing up head down, bottom up in the air. When the commentator said that the bear looked as if he'd had a hard night, I admit to cackling out loud.

Link to the SP on the ISU's YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gEeUEfFDm8

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
I hope Sasha doesn't beat herself up too much. I know it's hard not to, i just wish she could go back to her cheery self. Go Sasha!

Vemvane

On the Ice
Oh, Sasha! She is made of iron to take those falls, to get up, and to keep landing jump after jump. I really did like the return of the choreography to the programme, though; she does make such a good Daenerys, fierce as she is, and when she has more room to breathe between the jumps, you can really appreciate how far she has come over the last few years.

I would like it if she could place higher than third in her next international competition though, please and thank you, skating gods.

doubleaxelgirl

Spectator
I would like it if she could place higher than third in her next international competition though, please and thank you, skating gods.[/QUOTE]

Yes please! She was doing so well at the beginning of the season and then when she got 3rd at GPF she didn’t even seem upset (I guess because she also landed the 4F for first time), but watching her reaction to 3rd at RusNats was heartbreaking. I thought she’d make a big comeback and win today tbh, but I guess it wasn’t meant to be.

This means she’ll be out for blood at worlds...
really hope she can become world champ or silver medalist

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Well, Sasha said in the press conference that they're going to Worlds (the 3A), and really it's rightfully so.

NaVi

Medalist
It's very simple minded to think pushing things technically automatically means conditioning to be able to do the jumps. It could lead to conditioning to subliminally fear going into the jumps.

I support going for the 3A, but I'd take out the 4S from the free skate until a free skate is done completely clean in competition.

I really only wanted the 4S taken out. I don't know how the 3A is coming, but I did not support taking it out at all. Taking out tech with the hope of "let's just go clean" can lead to it's own anxieties. When Trusova started the season, she had 3 big elements to prep for(4S, 4T, 4Lz) but then they went straight to 5 big element (4S, 4T, 4Lz, 3A, 4F). I just think they would have been better off to go a little more slow ramping up the number of difficult elements.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Aleksandra Trusova: I look at my five-year-old brother and I don't want to grow up

In an interview with reporters, among whom were Anatoliy Samokhvalov and Andrey Simonenko, Russian figure skater Aleksandra Trusova shared impressions of her performance at the European Championships in Graz, where she won the Bronze, talked about her favourite pets and shared her thoughts about the future.

-- Sasha, how was this European Championship for you?

- I think we had very little time here. We arrived late, then one training day, then our short and free program, then a demonstration. The championship went by very fast, I would've liked to stay here longer.

-- Why?

- I love it when the competitions are longer, we train longer, when there is a day between short and free programs. Like it more.

- But couldn’t the mistakes that you had in the programs be related to this transience?

- Of course not. I just couldn't get myself together for my skating runs for some reason.

-- In training before the EX, you did all your quad jumps.

- The coach joked: well, let's jumps five quads. Didn't go for five but four: Salchow, Toeloop, Lutz and Axel.

-- To argue?

- Indeed.

-- And it happens, skaters argue for jumping.

- We have Alyona (Kostornaya) arguing. It happens when she can't jump her triple Axel, she skates up to us and says: “let's bet”! Moreover, it doesn’t matter what we are doing at this moment, we are answering something or not - she is still sure that we argued. If she jumps, she is showing us something.

-- And if you don’t jump, do you have something for her?

- No, because sometimes we don’t even hear that she argues with us (laughs).

-- What does she bring?

- Always something different, sometimes chocolates. Looking at what we argue over.

-- You said that a program with a large number of quadruple jumps is easier for you to execute than with a smaller number. Why is that?

- When they tell me to simplify the content, the thought comes to me: well, I definitely have to skate cleanly. And with that, as complicated as possible, I still think I have the right to make a mistake. When it’s difficult, this makes it easier (smiles).

-- After the short program, where there was this error on the double Axel, you left the ice and and threw at your coaches a heartfelt - needed to jump that triple! It was heard in the broadcast. Remember this moment?

- Of course I remember. Because I wanted to jump a triple Axel and also skate out a complicated short program.

-- But here, nevertheless, they decided in advance not to allow it?

- I rarely jump the triple Axel now, after the New Year it has not been fully restored.

-- Daniil Markovich Gleikhengauz said that in there is no room in your free program to insert a triple Axel.

- Yes, there’s no room with five quads. But when I jump the triple Axel as good as the double, it will be inserted in its place. Because still, for me it is the most difficult jump of all.

-- And what if you insert it into a program with three quadruples?

- I do not want a program with three!

-- Still, why is the triple Axel so complicated?

- For some reason, it’s harder than the quads. In addition to the Salkhov, I learned all quads quickly enough.

-- Maybe, when you immediately begin to learn the quad Axel for the company with your other quadruples, will it be easier?

- No, there is another call (laughs).

-- You told that your not in the best physical shape right now.

- Yes, because over New Year's I went to a short break, relaxed on the beach. But my mood is better because of this, and I will get back in shape.

-- Where did you relax on a beach?

- In Dubai.

-- You've liked it?

- Yes (smiles).

-- Climbed the highest skyscraper?

- Last visit to Dubai. This time we had only three days without flights, very little time. And so we decided that we would relax on the beach.

-- Your dog Tina went with you?

- No, this is the United Arab Emirates, it’s difficult to get there with dogs. We did not take her along.

-- That is, she was lucky, relaxed too.

- Well, no (laughs)! She is relaxing now when she is with me. Because we have another dog at home, Lana the poodle, and the cat, they go after her (Tina).

-- Offended, or what?

- No, it’s just that she’s been with us for six years, and then bang - two more appeared.

-- Jealous?

- When the cat appeared, she was jealous, but now, it seems to me, not anymore. But now she has learned to eat all kinds of dog things, these bones - she had never eaten anything like those before. She jumps not just on the bed, but on a special ottoman. Everything Lana, the other dog, learned to do.

-- Training small dogs is difficult.

- It seems to me that Tina understands everything, but believes that she doesn't need to do all of this. She understands when I call her to sleep, when I call her to do her a massage, she lies down and stretches her legs. And Lana performs all the commands - sit, lie down, give a paw, by vocal command.

-- Did you attend doggie school with her?

- No, we raised her ourselves. While she gives in to training.

-- Did your parents promise you a new dog if you win the World Championships?

- No, I needed a poodle but now I have her (laughs). Well, that is, of course, I still want to, but they will not allow it. Therefore, I haven’t thought about the World Championships yet. But my brother wants a husky. But we get too many dogs (laughs).

-- A Husky is a big dog.

- He always wanted a big one, but then they told him that he needs to run with a Husky. So now he has agreed on a small one. There are smaller Huskies.

-- Skaters performing at the junior level, like you once, strive to master the quadruple jumps, and you are a model for them. How did you motivate yourself for this?

- I always wanted to jump something that no one else was doing, and I can’t compete the same content over and over - I have to do more all the time.

-- You have your arbitrary program to the music from the Game of Thrones.

- When Daniil Markovich staged the program for me, he said that I am very similar to Daenerys. Here, see (shows the photo on the phone).

-- How much does music help you skate, do you pay attention to it and how much do you hear it, given the whole set of prohibitively difficult jumping elements?

- It's usually harder to skate to music. When the music turns on, you immediately begin to worry more, you want to do (all the elements) right now, so it’s easier without music.

-- Gleikhengauz said that he was very pleased with you even after the short program, since you added to the presentation of the program. What is the most difficult in interpreting the image?

- It is difficult for me to combine image transmission, skating, rotation, with jumping. When I have to jump, I just want to jump and I am focused on jumping. The image cannot be transmitted at those moments.

-- You feel that you are adding in this aspect?

- I am doing my best.

-- Can you train this? Maybe fix musical accents?

- Of course, we each train this and now we have begun to pay more attention to these things, the trainers constantly tell me so that I don’t forget about it during the jumps.

-- But at some point, your favourite quadruples are overwhelming you?

- I just always focus on jumping and usually do not get distracted from this.

-- And there are times when you can let go of yourself?

- Not now. Especially if you skate a program with five quadruples - the penultimate element I have is a quadruple Toeloop. And then a triple, rotation, sequence, rotation. Well, yes, in the end, of course, you can (focus on the image).

-- Immediately the thought to insert "Dracarys" at the end came to you?

- We knew that this phrase should be included, but did not know where - in the middle or at the end. We decided that ending the program with this word would be spectacular.

-- Alyona Kostornaya and Anya Shcherbakova already understand English. Do you learn this language?

- I learn it and understand a lot, but I can’t speak. I can’t say something yet.

-- Sasha, children often say - I want to grow up, but there are those who want to remain children. Do you want to become an adult?

- I used to always want to grow up. Yes, and now I want to. But when I train a lot, I have to go somewhere and I don’t feel like it, I look at my brother, who is five years old, and I think that he’s fine, he’s at home all the time ... At these moments, I want to stay little. But by the way, at his age I wanted to grow up - and he constantly says: well, my, why will I grow up soon ... And I don’t want to go to school ... He’s so funny.
-----

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Well, Sasha said in the press conference that they're going to Worlds (the 3A), and really it's rightfully so.

Absolutely. And, well, figure skating being a reality show of sorts, after the initial wave of resentment, the world seems to become invested into the three-way duel... so at least for now, that’s the only set up.

Decoder

On the Ice
Absolutely. And, well, figure skating being a reality show of sorts, after the initial wave of resentment, the world seems to become invested into the three-way duel... so at least for now, that’s the only set up.

100%. Think about it: Sasha is one of the major forces in the quads revolution and she is delivering very good results (although not always the best), and Russian Fed decides to not send her to the worlds. Does this make any sense?