Alexandra Trusova | Page 118 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
First part of Sasha's free skate was harsh, but despite how miserable she had to feel, she made a great redemption in the second half, she even did 3Lz-3Lo again, apart from 4T in a combo. Still, we are talking about a bad skate that would provide silver medal for Sasha at the last worlds. It is always relative what we can call "bad".

I hope Sasha wil recover fast, she obviously has the ability, and be ready for the Euros and Worlds.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Well, Aleksandra and her trainers have their work cut out for them. Stabilise that triksel, find the optimum layout and number of quads.

With World Championships coming, time to play at Games of Thrones is over, a optimum needs to be found in order to conquer the world. Tame those dragons, make them work for you, play to your strengths.

Yesterday's SP already showed to my eyes Aleksandra is committed to improve her artistic expression and skating skills. Distributing her power over the jumps so she maintains concentration and doesn't run out of power (since she is growing) releases physical and mental energy to work on GOE.

I have full confidence in #TeamTutberidzeForProgress to have Aleksandra's best interests always on their mind. Aleksandra herself first of all needs to stay healthy, taking so many falls is dangerous.

#РаботаемДальше

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
Aww Sasha it was hard to see the Free Program. She said she doesn't like to skate last, hope she has better luck next time.

What impressed me is that she seemed to get over it pretty soon. When the three of them were interviewed she was laughing by half-time.

Maybe it's her turn to win Euros now...:laugh:

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
I feel so bad for Sasha [emoji24] She is one of my favourite skaters (if not my favourite) and I want her to do so well all the time [emoji53] It broke my heart to see her so upset after the freeskate
I'm just going to pray that she can win Euros or Worlds because I think that would really help to boost her confidence and performance, and she rlly deserves it
Never give up Sasha!! Ly [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]

Vemvane

On the Ice
Awww that was so heartbreaking!! Sasha is so brave to try that final quad toe after popping the first one. When she fell on the quad flip, I kind of had a feeling that she would mess up the quad lutz. I hope that Sasha realizes that not every performance can be a good one. There are always going to be those tough performances, but Sasha has the determination and I know that she will bounce back at Euros.

I felt bad for Sasha when the camera people kept trying to record her crying. Why can’t they just give these girls some space?! Sergei and Daniil tried to block them but the camera people moved around them. And then Sasha was walking backwards so she wouldn’t have to face the camera. That shouldn’t have to happen. Maybe someone from the Russian Fed should contact 1TV and tell them to the girls some space.

I agree wholeheartedly with this post. Bad skates happen from time to time, and the girls will have to deal with them. Sasha was so courageous in going for that fourth quad in the second half of her programme, when the first three had not worked out as planned, so she already has the mental strength to come back from a setback. I will say, when she popped the third quad, I remembered an interview with her that I had read, perhaps here, where she said that some days the quads are just not there, and I wondered if that was the case today. But then she whipped out that quad toe and proved me wrong, so go Sasha!

And yes, I was so angry that the cameramen would not give her any peace. I would have honestly just turned and slapped a hand over a lens at some point, because it is incredibly disrespectful to the privacy of the skaters to get up in their space when they come off the ice. It's bad enough when they're happy, but even worse when they're in tears - and it was doubly heartbreaking, because Alexandra never cries. The audience is not entitled to every last close-up of a skater's performance. I wish that cameras were more restricted at sporting events as a general rule, so that the athletes have enough time to decompress, whether from excitement or disappointment, before they have to put their public relations face on.

But, that said, her 3Lz-3Lo is back, which is very exciting! And she really is putting more effort into her choreography. I also think that removing the Biellmann from her final spin may be a deliberate decision by the team, given that she has jumped her legs out on her quads by the end of the FP and that the extension and the flexibility required may be just too much for a tiring body, as soft tissue injuries tend to happen when an athlete is fatigued. Besides, a bad skate for Sasha still leaves her on the podium, and, I would think, has guaranteed her a spot at Euros. Well done to her!

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Aww Sasha it was hard to see the Free Program. She said she doesn't like to skate last, hope she has better luck next time:

This was my main concern when I saw she was skating last. She probably took her boots off and for her to cool down from warmup then get back her ‘vibe’ for a minute and attempt four quads was asking too much. I hope she wins EC so all 3A will go to worlds as favorites.

EdRoz

Record Breaker
This is not the first call for coaches ,need to change something. stop chasing the number of quads, optimize the program. first time I saw her crying, very sad

and yes, cameramen is a animal

Arbitrary

Medalist
Sasha just received a ticket to Europens. Oficially.

RusFed decided not to play usual games.
But no World Team announced yet.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Aleksandra Trusova said she did not like to perform last, so she was under pressure at the tournament.

“ I’m not happy with my skating run, I’ll work, we’ll see what happens next time. ”

" I only have to jump the quadruple Rittberger, I will try it by the end of the season. "

“ I don’t like to skate last, for me there was pressure. And, well, there was also pressure because of the selection to the main starts.”

" At the Grand Prix Final, I was not upset, I went into jumps I had recently learned. I was upset here because I was well prepared, I did everything in training, but it didn’t work out in the program. Now I’ve already put the frustration behind me. "
-----

Hopefully there will be more quotes from the press conferences that give us a better picture in Aleksandra's experiences.

Imagine

Medalist
She cried for just a couple of minutes. Literally, she was all smiles moments later in the Kiss and Cry (ironic). We saw that she is human, but also how strong she is. Alena is my favourite, but to be honest, Sasha's FS has grown on me so much that I like it even more than Alena's at this point. I know she is seen as the "less artistic" of the trio, but I don't see it that way. It's a different kind of artistry, but I really do like the story she tells. I hope we get to see the best version of this program at Worlds, and a smile on her face this time!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
She cried for just a couple of minutes. Literally, she was all smiles moments later in the Kiss and Cry (ironic). We saw that she is human, but also how strong she is. Alena is my favourite, but to be honest, Sasha's FS has grown on me so much that I like it even more than Alena's at this point. I know she is seen as the "less artistic" of the trio, but I don't see it that way. It's a different kind of artistry, but I really do like the story she tells. I hope we get to see the best version of this program at Worlds, and a smile on her face this time!

The psychology part is interesting here. Aleksandra broke down emotionally two times, but pulled herself around both times it seems to me, so she didn't break down psychologically. She knew she had failed herself.
The attempt in the K&C of all three trainers to pacify her with plushies after the score came in, she wouldn't have it :)

The moment she stood, she was off autographing a few photos for some kids dangling over the railing, before a Channel One person pulled her away to sit on the couch with her rink mates. Here it was Alyona who struggled against her emotions. If that lucky girl in the pink sweater got her photo autographed and marked by a spilled tear, it is probably the rarest and most valuable item ever to be procured from Aleksandra :)

I think it was thanks to the young and genuinely gentle interviewer we got to see the three of them visibly calming down and leaving a good final impression to the live TV audience.

If anybody makes any invented drama out of isolated shots of skaters and trainers, as it is customary to create distorted, untrue reports, the skaters can take no blame.

We have seen grown men break down emotionally in despair over their misfortune and crying with joy at many medal ceremonies. These skaters, children still, have nothing to be ashamed about.

Aleksandra's official FFKKR interview, done right after the EX: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6PODlIf6yY with Sasha all excited and eager again. Seems she was solitary with Olga Yermolina, so nobody to distract her or make her giggle

She was most worried over her qualification to the big starts, not the actual competition itself.

She kept her Europeans layout still secret, it will be decided later as training goes.

Her New Year present has already been revealed, a nice bracelet gifted by dad.

As for her New Year wishes, 'clean execution' and did she say 'finally' while going into a burst of giggles?

Aleksandra Trusova shared her impressions of the past Russian championship, where she won the Bronze, and spoke about plans for the near future.

-- This is your second Russian championship. Can you compare the championship in Saransk to what happened here?

- In Saransk, there was less excitement, because we didn't need to be selected anywhere and just skated to try out in seniors. Now, of course, it was much more exciting, because I had to qualify for the European and World Championships.

-- Do you think this excitement affected your skating runs so much? More serious tasks or the fact that the program itself has become much more complicated?

- I think I could not cope with excitement (this time) like in the Grand Prix Final, because in training, in warm-ups, I succeeded everywhere.

-- What are your plans for the New Year, for further preparation, for the European Championship?

- I will celebrate the New Year with my family. Whether we’ll go somewhere, we haven't decided yet. And after that, of course, I will work and prepare for the European Championship.

We will look in the training sessions before the European Championship in what readiness I will be, and then my content will be decided.

What would I wish myself for the New Year? Cleanly skating out programs, well, finally.
-----

halulupu

Final Flight
Why didn't she any show during Christmas? I find it unfair that she as the only one from the 3A didn't get any assignment.

Skuratov

On the Ice
Why didn't she any show during Christmas? I find it unfair that she as the only one from the 3A didn't get any assignment.

A possible explanation is: Shows are not her strength. For her figure skating is a sport. Remember this quote from her YT Olympic channel interview: "if you only have artistry, then you should do shows".

On the other hand she could do her old program "Big spender" with quadruple jumps only. It would be amazing.

Arbitrary

Medalist
A possible explanation is: Shows are not her strength. For her figure skating is a sport. Remember this quote from her YT Olympic channel interview: "if you only have artistry, then you should do shows".

On the other hand she could do her old program "Big spender" with quadruple jumps only. It would be amazing.
Such a program would never last long. Maybe a couple of runs. Following with a long and hardly successful medical recuperating.

Sasha has no tournaments till EC. She's preoccupied with the attempts to understand why she failed twice in a row, twice in two years.
Fall tournaments are not hers?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Aleksandra Trusova: “All my relatives and friends came to watch me in competition in Moscow”

Exclusive interview with the Russian Rocket and her father.

The performance at the Moscow stage of the Grand Prix for Alexandra Trusova turned out to be special. Not because she won - this season she wins all the competitions in which she participates. And not because she made three quadruple jumps in the free program - Alexandra landed and four on the Japan Open. The 15-year-old skater has experienced the energy of a filled home arena, which can both add courage and add excitement. Plus increased attention outside the ice, even to the training sessions that Channel One showed live on its website.

Absentee victory over men

A few crashes with dozens of successfully completed jumping attempts and immediately hasty conclusions from the fans - probably something is wrong. A strange fall before the start of a short program could raise the alarm, but instead amused both the audience and Sasha herself. Which was the first stress test in the short program to be “excellent”, albeit abandoning the triple Rittberger in the cascade after the triple Lutz. The second check in the free program, taking into account the complexity of the announced jumps and the final starting number, the audience warmed up by the performances of other participants, turned out to be much more difficult. But Trusova passed this too, breaking the standing ovation. Becoming the only one of the single skater who performed three quadruple jumps in the free program that day. The men who competed before that were able to do only two.

All relatives and friends in the audience

But coming out of the ice because of two unsuccessful jumps, Sasha was indignant: “Well, got me. I can not". And later “SE” admitted - it’s about the insidious cascade “Lutz-Rittberger”: “It’s very disappointing that I haven’t been able to do it at competitions once again. I don’t really like performing last. But often it turns out that way. I'm lucky, so I'm used to it. ”

-- Did home walls help or interfere?

- This home tournament was very exciting for me. It was attended by all my relatives and friends from Moscow and Ryazan. Of course, I am very glad to win and reach the final. But there were mistakes, which means we have to work!

-- Where will you give a huge amount of gifts thrown to you on the ice?

- I keep some of the toys for myself. We have a room that is just all stuffed with toys. When small children get in there, they are simply delighted. I give part of it to orphanages. Our friends from Ryazan came to these competitions, and their daughter Sonya is also engaged in figure skating. We selected toys with her, I signed them. She wants to give them to friends at the rink.

Axel intrigue

To the question of what Trusova wishes herself for the rest of the season, the skater answered succinctly - the execution of the planned content. Although here, not everything is so simple. After all, earlier, the parents promised a poodle to their daughter as a gift for the triple Axel. Alexandra herself performed the jump before the Moscow performance twice on the floor, and later presented Lana, the gifted poodle. About the appearance of this jump in the ice version - not a word so far, nor about whether Sasha’s pet appeared just like that or for this development. It will be even more interesting to follow Trusova at the upcoming Grand Prix Final in two weeks.

But the father of Aleksandra, Vyacheslav Trusov did not have a chance to see his daughter’s performance.

- I had to give all my tickets to friends, and therefore I watched her performance on television live. It was very exciting, complete stress! Friends, of course, were satisfied, because they really wanted to look at Sasha.

-- How does your daughter experience closer attention to herself from the press and fans?

- It's hard for her. It turned out that performing at home is not so easy. Sasha was very distracted by fans, interviews, and press conferences. It was more difficult to tune in, which she didn't expect even. It so happened that she was tired of increased attention even more than from the competitions themselves. Plus, home is a higher responsibility. But nothing, let her get used to it.

-- As a parent, what would you like to say to figure skating fans?

- Everyone supports and helps. But I would like less negativity from those who support other skaters. After all, Sasha and I perceive all rivals normally, we praise them when they overcome themselves. All the girls work a lot, because they are still so young. You just have to rejoice for the Russian athletes who win the competition. And if your idols lose, you should treat this normally. This is a sport - someone has to win, and someone has to lose.

Battle with boys and an uninvited guest

-- Did you especially remember or like someone other than your daughter?

- I usually don’t watch men and pairs, but the girls all the same, Medvyedeva, Zagitova, Kostornaya and Shcherbakova - well done. They progress and strive to improve themselves. I sometimes go to training and see how they work hard.

-- The topic of a possible quad battle of Sasha and the guys was discussed. The guys from the pedestal are ready to accept the challenge. And Dmitriy Aliyev even honestly admitted that there is a risk of losing ...

- Dmitriy - well done he said so. Male act. I think that he will begin to work even more so as not to lose to the girls. This, in principle, should make the guys pull themselves up. We must be able to admit that we're somewhere weaker, then to progress.

-- Alexandra told a sweet story about a kitten whom she and her brother brought from Novogorsk ...

- My son called and says: “We have such a beautiful kitten, can we bring it?” I replied that, of course, this was impossible. The door opened - and they arrived with a kitten. And what was I to do, throw it out? They probably planted it on purpose, or maybe they knew that the girls would regret it.

(c) Екатерина Беспалова
-----
https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...ve-prishli-vse-rodstvenniki-i-druzya-1612899/

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Sasha’s EX at 8 mln views people. So much for the “unenjoyable” skating :D
Keep doing you tiny boss!