Alexandra Trusova | Page 107 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

Decoder

On the Ice
She does kinda need it.
Here’s why I think...
She needs 1 quad for every 3A of her competitors, and since Aliona is doing 3, Sasha would need at least 3 quads just to make things even, since Aliona will have higher pcs.
In order to confidently go ahead, she would need another quad,

This is the beauty of simple math!:thumbsup:

Arbitrary

Medalist
This morning SP pre-run in dress:
- all jumps are OK,
- special attention to Sseq and such staff
- some problems with music during the run.

silveruskate

On the Ice
Also aside from the 4S the next highest valued jump Sasha can do is 3F, which is 5.3 BV + 1.7 GoE = 7. The lowest score for a rotated 4S i.e. a fall would give 4.85. So as long as she is rotating the 4S the maximum loss of points is 2.15, whereas the gain instead of doing 3F can be 5/6 points.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I hope she is okay, though the pressure must be insane. All the love, and i’d say good luck to anyone else, but to Trusova, I say Dracarys!

Arbitrary

Medalist
Looks like her SP is on peak in her today's conditions.
Trailing about 5 points in TES without the axel and 5 more in PCS according the Board's dislikes.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Well done, Sasha, for skating clean! I had one moment where I held my breath in her combo, but she got through it just fine. She is so determined.

When she slipped at the start, and then got up laughing, I had to join in, especially when she was still trying to compose herself and not break out in laughter again just before her music started. Her attitude is wonderful, the way she takes it all in good humour.

silveruskate

On the Ice
Great performance and most important is very much in the game, although with her FS I don't think she's ever out no matter the SP! Did anyone else predict the 3Lz-3T, I was really really surprised when she did it in the warmup.

Arbitrary

Medalist
Great performance and most important is very much in the game, although with her FS I don't think she's ever out no matter the SP! Did anyone else predict the 3Lz-3T, I was really really surprised when she did it in the warmup.
I don't know if it was on the fly decision or she was feeling so bad the team insisted.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Sasha did so well! I assume she got a little nervous, she rarely does though, but these things happen to her too

Arbitrary

Medalist
After the SP interview:
- Earlier today I did 3Lo combo in practice but coaches looked and decided to simply and I was ordered to downgrade.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
After the SP interview:
- Earlier today I did 3Lo combo in practice but coaches looked and decided to simply and I was ordered to downgrade.

Trusova ill, an unforseen circumstance, but with two kid brothers who attend regular school along with other children, such things happen in a family.

Perhaps Aleksandra skating with a temperature and raised metabolism is even more powerful than when skating 'cold'? Do hot muscles perform better, but obviously being sick with flu isn't nice, and she and her coaches have to be very careful with any medication to counter a raised temperature, retching or nausea, she probably has to live it out.

If she delivers a clean quad quads free program tomorrow, she is a true heroine. She has to knock that 5th wicket down and claim her own golden entry into the Grand Prix Final.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Sasha probably feels the pressure, but she deals pretty well with that. Congrats for a very solid skate today. Just like the last time, the SP for Sasha is not to lose too many points before free and she fulfilled that, so she can skate with ease tomorrow.

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
Great job by Sasha today! One of the things that stood out to me was how good her 2A looked. I think 3A is near. :2thumbs:
And the fall at the begining was hilarious and also Eteri's reaction. :laugh: