Alexandra Trusova | Page 110 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
See scenes from warming up in the dry hall: www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UtX5nJ0UKM , Rozanov staying close to Aleksandra, BOrser quietly watching over Yevgeniya. Every skater and coach going about their business.

I am not quite sure if the athletes and coaches really appreciate being closely watched over their shoulder even in their private sphere of warming up. Aleksandra shrugged it off at first, but after a while also feels a little uncomfortable.

PS: who are the big blokes in white jackets that always seem to stay behind the Khrustalniy coaches and skaters, some kind of guards, or medical staff?

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
PS: who are the big blokes in white jackets that always seem to stay behind the Khrustalniy coaches and skaters, some kind of guards, or medical staff?

Philip & Dmitry are both resident Khrustalny medics.

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice
I know, with a little black humour, some new model (like RS-24 Yars) could be called Sasha :)

Since we are with the analogies -black humour- let's specify

Akatieva is a RS24 - YARS (1 ICBM destroys half of a country)

Trusova is a R36M; SATAN I for OTAN (1 ICBM destroys an entire country)

Zhilina will be a RS26 - SARMAT; SATAN II for OTAN (1 ICBM destroys an entire continent)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Since we are with the analogies -black humour- let's specify

Akatieva is a RS24 - YARS (1 ICBM destroys half of a country)

Trusova is a R36M; SATAN I for OTAN (1 ICBM destroys an entire country)

Zhilina will be a RS26 - SARMAT; SATAN II for OTAN (1 ICBM destroys an entire continent)

LOL, Veronika Zhilina looks like to be shaping up in a Trusova Mk II, but obviously still has 4 years of development growth ahead of her, before being able to step into Sasha's place on the launchpad into greatness.

Reminds me of one of my favourite movies, The Right Stuff, about the 1950's race to launch a man into space. The movie made it seem the USSR was most successful, as the USA leaders complained 'our rockets always explode' ...

Giltedge

Final Flight
LOL, Veronika Zhilina looks like to be shaping up in a Trusova Mk II, but obviously still has 4 years of development growth ahead of her, before being able to step into Sasha's place on the launchpad into greatness.

Reminds me of one of my favourite movies, The Right Stuff, about the 1950's race to launch a man into space. The movie made it seem the USSR was most successful, as the USA leaders complained 'our rockets always explode' ...

Slightly off-topic :popcorn:

As indeed they were. It was only at the end of the 10-year long Apollo programme that the Americans were not playing catch-up.

USSR achievements in early space exploration

*** First satellite launched into earth orbit - Sputnik I 1957, orbited for 3 months
*** First creature to travel in space (Laika, died :sad4:) then Belka and Strelka (survived and lived to ripe old age)
*** First to fly by the moon - Luna I 1956-57
*** First to land on the moon - Luna II 1959
*** First behind the moon - Luna III 1959
*** First soft landing on the moon, and first hi-res pics - Luna X 1966
*** First accident on the moon :drama: - Luna XV 1969
*** First unmanned collection and return of lunar soil to the earth - Luna XVI - 1970
*** First remote-controlled rover - Lunakhod - 1970, roved for a year

*** First human being in space - Yuri Gagarin 1961
*** First woman in space - Valentina Tereshkova 1963
*** First multi-man spacecraft
*** First multi-man space flight - Voskhod I 1964
*** First person to walk in space - Alexei Leonov Voskhod II 1966

*** First to land on another planet - Venera VII, Venus, 1970
*** First space station - MIR 1986, orbited until 2001

:thumbsup: First to orbit the earth under her own power - Alexandra Trusova :scard7:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
:thumbsup: First to orbit the earth under her own power - Alexandra Trusova :scard7:

That's our Russian Pocket Rocket, nickname "Sasha Super Jumper" ;-)

PS: I used the words 'made it seem' so as not to step on any long toes that are easily wounded ...

SkateSkates

Medalist
Team Tutberidze already adopted Mariah into their group photo with Alina and Aliona at IDF, makes sense that Sasha and Zhenya would also invite her in here 😂😂

Since Sasha received the poodle her dad promised her for landing 3A, does this mean she’s landed it?