Alexandra Trusova | Page 116 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

silveruskate

On the Ice
The 4F was amazing!! I really wish she got higher GoE. I'm wondering if replacing the 4S with 3A would be better too.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I feel that if anything this final will fuel her to get clean 3A. She truly skated in a completely different field from everyone else. I would love to see GoEs reflect the beauty of her successful jumps — I am going to be looking for a way to see RusNats because I want to see how she is doing with 3A/4S

Skuratov

On the Ice
Eteri, just fix that mess of layout right now! :angry1:

Sasha you continue making history. Congratulations for your 4Flip.

E

eterialskater

I feel that if anything this final will fuel her to get clean 3A. She truly skated in a completely different field from everyone else. I would love to see GoEs reflect the beauty of her successful jumps — I am going to be looking for a way to see RusNats because I want to see how she is doing with 3A/4S

It's a shame the judges are playing politics and not giving her the scores and GOE's she deserves. Her jumping outside of the ones she made errors were deserving of the highest GOE's.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Well done to Sasha! She plays a high risk game, and it doesn't always work out, but she never seems to let it get her down. I think for her, landing the 4F was more important than winning, though I got the impression she was not entirely satisfied with her technical score in the Kiss and Cry. She is a good sport, nevertheless, as she is always smiling on the podium, never looking disappointed. The shot of her, Anna and Aliona on the couch made me grin, because they were clearly having a good time, chatting away.

Her FP left me a little conflicted, I will say, because she had to sacrifice a fair bit of choreography for the jumps - but what jumps they are! That 4F was so big and clean and easy, and the way she can jump triples out of absolutely nowhere is mind-boggling. She is a phenomenon, and as she grows more comfortable with her quad-intensive programme, I expect she will have the stamina to finish off her spins (she was really tired, to miss that Biellmann at the end), and she will be able to complicate her choreography some more. She is so young, so talented, so determined, and I want to watch her story unfold.

At any rate, she is a history-maker, and I feel so privileged to have watched this GPF where the 3A announced their arrival on the senior level in emphatic terms. And of course Tina was there, in a Dany dress. She really does go everywhere with Sasha, and it was very sweet to see her in the victory ceremony photoshoot.

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
Do you think Sasha will risk the 3A at RusNats SP? If she lands it, then she will need only a few quads to win overall. But if she doesn't, she can really fall behind the field is so stacked.

I assume she will want to make the Top 2 because the 3rd spot is apparently decided by coaches council....In light of current events, who knows how much ET managed to piss off the others. :laugh:

I can't wait to see what her layout will be for both programs. I assume it will less "experimentist" than at GPF. But it's Sasha, so who knows. :laugh:

ecr1221

Rinkside
I hope she goes fewer quads, in betters her chances. She has not had a clean set of skates skate in a while, so while she has high scoring potential, she may want to show that she can land everything, and that a fall is not a guarantee (like it basically was when she was in juniors and first attempting these quads). PCS at RusNats will be incredibly inflated, so she won't need as many quads to rival others.
Since she definitely wants to be in the top two, this may be the time to reign in all her attempts, pick those most likely to stick (not the 4S please!), and attempt to go as clean as possible to show she can reach her scoring potential.

Skuratov

On the Ice
She said at GPF interview she tried 3Axel because she will need it for RusNats. So I assume she will include it in her SP.

She was asked if she will continue to do this layout with 5 quads. Answer: Yes. I will not change anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmCcuTTwxeM

I said this before, Eteri / Dudakov have to change that FS layout. Start with 4F or 4Lz in any order; if these quads are successfully landed, continue with 4T-3T (previous 2Ax) and after that try 4S or continue with 4T-1Eu-3S. Then try 4S and close with 3Lz-3*.

*= Loop, Toe loop.

4S must be an intermediate jump.
But they are the coaches, Sasha is stubborn, what can we do but only watch, support and cheer her?

Arbitrary

Medalist
She said at GPF interview she tried 3Axel because she will need it for RusNats. So I assume she will include it in her SP.

She was asked if she will continue to do this layout with 5 quads. Answer: Yes. I will not change anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmCcuTTwxeM

I said this before, Eteri / Dudakov have to change that FS layout. Start with 4F or 4Lz in any order; if these quads are successfully landed, continue with 4T-3T (previous 2Ax) and after that try 4S or continue with 4T-1Eu-3S. Then try 4S and close with 3Lz-3*.

*= Loop, Toe loop.

4S must be an intermediate jump.
But they are the coaches, Sasha is stubborn, what can we do but only watch, support and cheer her?

4S is an intermediate jump toward 4Lo. There were no news about her supposed training attempts for the loop, yet she wanted to try it before 2020.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Sasha's technique on 3A looks pretty the same with Yuzuru
https://twitter.com/corszk1220/status/1205450962082549760

That's a very cool comparison video - thank you for sharing it!

As for her FS layout, I would rather she has fewer quads myself, because she has sacrificed a fair bit of choreography and performance for the concentration and energy required to set the jumps up, and because, tough as she is, I still flinch when she falls. But Sasha is Sasha, and her reasons for skating seem to be less winning medals, and more setting records and testing her own capacity. She is a marvel, and whatever she does at Nationals, I will be cheering for her. (And please land that pesky 4S!)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker