Alexandra Trusova | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Just curious why everyone calls her Sasha, is that some kind of nickname or is it a Russian thing?

Because Russian name Sasha which uses in the USA is a diminutive form of name Alexandra. Alexandra is more official name, like Anastasia. In the short form Alexandra will be Sasha. In the short form Anastasia will be Nastya (Nastia), etc.

tars

Record Breaker
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G :clap:

Congratulations for a gold medal and phenomenal achievement of an ISU ratified QUAD! :dance::bow:

iorii

On the Ice
She has certainly caught my attention. Big jumps, promising technical skills, and most importantly, she packs many interesting elements in her FS! I'm definitely following Sasha's career now:luv17:

Tulipstar

Medalist

That was so precious. She thought she had to come up already, but the lady was still introducing her:)
Also, that Kangaroo is a nice gift to remember this competition by. There's a big chance that they're never going to compete in Australia again, so I hope they have good memories of it.

And I love that they took a selfie together. Most endearing podium I've yet seen:hap10:

russianfan

Match Penalty
fun fact: her technical elements score(75.62) at her very first jgp event is higher than ANY SENIOR lady at Worlds 2017 except Medvedeva (78.27) and higher than ANY lady at senior gp 2016/2017 final
:agree:

The Finn

Record Breaker
fun fact: her technical elements score(75.62) at her very first jgp event is higher than ANY SENIOR lady at Worlds 2017 except Medvedeva (78.27) and higher than ANY lady at senior gp 2016/2017 final
:agree:

Here is a few lists about highest TES scores among senior and junior ladies.

Highest SP and FS TES scores among senior ladies. Sasha didn't make it to the TOP 10 at SP TES list but she is 6th at FS TES list and she is only 0.45 point short of making it to the TOP 3 here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_scores_in_figure_skating#Ladies_6

Highest SP and FS TES scores among junior ladies. Sasha is 5th at the SP TES list and 2nd at FS TES list. She was only 0.19 point short of breaking Alina's FS TES record.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_scores_in_figure_skating#Ladies_7

russianfan

Match Penalty
52k+ views and 400+ comments in just a few days! wow, what a start for a 13-year old :shocked: even not every senior skater gets so much attention...

P.S. i have to admit i've contributed at least 10-20 views to that amount :laugh:

ejnsofi

Final Flight
52k+ views and 400+ comments in just a few days! wow, what a start for a 13-year old :shocked: even not every senior skater gets so much attention...

P.S. i have to admit i've contributed at least 10-20 views to that amount :laugh:

I contributed to 9 FS views and 12 SP views ;) I showed her FS program to my dad who has no idea about figure skating and his reaction was "Wow! She is so little but seems to be so powerful!" :biggrin:

Tulipstar

Medalist

Are you sure it's not more? ;)

This is the first time I got up that early for a competition and it was worth it :agree:
Will probably remember it forever too.