NHK Trophy: Predictions Game Round 6 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

NHK Trophy: Predictions Game Round 6

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
big kudos for 3 gold medalist in Ice dance predictions - glad someone put faith both in Virtue/Moir and Hawayek/Baker while I did not:sad46:

the general silver lining for me after NHK predictions are:

- always put Mirai in top 5 while competition is held in Japan, no exeptions
- don't underestimate Virtue/Moir, even while they're competing against World champions
- rely more on Russian ladies' consistency (this time - Maria's)

casualfan

On the Ice
I download a copy of the spreadsheet so I can manipulate it more easily. Then you can create a filter and sort points largest-to-smallest.

For overall scores through 6 events, you are sitting #10 right now:

sabinfire 1305
Puchi 1295
Nathan13 1285
cer 1275
apgold 1270
daylightescapades 1270
NoNameFace 1270
Poice 1270
invisiblespiral 1255
casualfan 1245

Wow, thanks so much. I didn't think to do that. Also congrats on being in first.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Hi. I believe my men's score should be 45, not 40. Hanyu correct placement with Chen, Kolyada, and Bychenko one placement off. Thanks in advance for checking. Also, is there a way to see the standings in order of highest scores rather than alphabetical?

you dont get score for you 6th prediction, its substitude in case someone from your top 5 withdraws,
you top 5 predictions
1. Yuzuru HANYU
2. Jason BROWN
3. Nathan CHEN
4. Nam NGUYEN
5. Mikhail KOLYADA

you got 15 points for Yuzuru and Mikhail and 10 points for Nathan which is 40 points in total

casualfan

On the Ice
you dont get score for you 6th prediction, its substitude in case someone from your top 5 withdraws,
you top 5 predictions
1. Yuzuru HANYU
2. Jason BROWN
3. Nathan CHEN
4. Nam NGUYEN
5. Mikhail KOLYADA

you got 15 points for Yuzuru and Mikhail and 10 points for Nathan which is 40 points in total

So sorry. I changed it on my spreadsheet but forgot to change in predictions. You're absolutely correct. Thanks for checking again.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Ooh, and another bronze in dance with a gold in pairs to go with my men's bronze. Definitely my best GP! :biggrin:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I download a copy of the spreadsheet so I can manipulate it more easily. Then you can create a filter and sort points largest-to-smallest.

For overall scores through 6 events, you are sitting #10 right now:

sabinfire 1305
Puchi 1295
Nathan13 1285
cer 1275
apgold 1270
daylightescapades 1270
NoNameFace 1270
Poice 1270
invisiblespiral 1255
casualfan 1245

Hey, you are winning? Congrats.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As for the overall standings in ladies after all events. There are some significant changes. Many of those who were in the top 10 bet against Anna or Maria or both. Many but sabinfire who made a decisive move to win the preliminaries:

Gold: sabinfire 305 points:clap::hb:

I know that sabinfire is still in the mix for the overall gold. Wish you good luck!

A long time leader skylark underestimated the consistency of Maria who managed to stay strong despite all the carrots she collected. But the cushion was good, hence:

Silver: skylark 300 points :clap:

:hap10: :dance: :dance3: I'm astonished and thrilled that I'm still in 2nd place for the overall ladies' total. The stupid thing is that I think I'd have medalled for ladies if I hadn't edited my post, moving the ladies around a bit!:rofl:

Also, for NHK I have a silver in Men and a bronze for pairs. :dance3: I've won one or two medals in each GP event, and again I'm flabbergasted. :eek: Now, if I can just figure out what process I have that's been working. One bit I'm sure of, is that I always throw a monkey wrench or two into the "expected." Proving once again our adage about slipperiness. :yes: