2016 NHK Trophy Pairs SP | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2016 NHK Trophy Pairs SP

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Oh, that’s so sad. We know they'ill die before us, but it’s terrible when it happens. How nice that you had a companion who loved walking with you :)

tx for the kind words. we do know... and in my case, i had moved to another city so hadn't see the doggy in a little while but still... it hurts... i think i will take a while before i get another pet... at the same time, they give us so much love.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
4everchan already pointed out that D/R and S/B train in Quebec - there's also MT/M in Quebec as well (using same coaching team as D/R) so that's three of Canada top four pairs teams training in Quebec. Lubov and Dylan are at TSCC under Lee Barkell, Tracy Wilson and Bryce Davidson - I believe they have some training sessions at the Hamilton FSC as well. Brittany Jones and Josh Reagan (Canada #5) are also coached by Bryce Davidson. :)

However, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only pairs skaters on this list who were actually born and raised in Quebec are Julianne and Charlie.

you are correct :) and S/B do not train with D/R and the Marcottes but they train with Isabelle Brasseur's coach Josée Picard... and it's crazy to see that Picard doesn't seem to have changed since the 1990s.

There's Ruest Wolfe... new team... Ruest is from la belle province... Wolfe from Alberta if I recall.. Virtue and Moir have decided to skate for Quebec as well this year.... they left their home club in western ontario.... (when they were training in the USA they were still officially skating for their home club....)

Last edited:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Also, I am elated for Julianne and Charlie getting into the GPF, mainly for the chance to redeem themselves after their diaster at Rostelcom. I still think they could challenge for the world podium, or a top 5 finish at least. They're usually very consistent. What happened at Rostelcom was a bump in the road, but I'm not worried.

Last edited:

LadyB

Record Breaker
I thought from the outset this would be one of the most boring pairs comps ever. Still in no doubt that D/R will smash it tomorrow, but I must admit, I did like P/J winning the short. I think that's a young pair with fresh and fun approach, why not? :yay: