2016 NHK Trophy Men SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 NHK Trophy Men SP

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I hope Grant will get some inspiration from his lovely finance's fab performance at sectionals last week!

mrrice

Record Breaker
I hope Grant will get some inspiration from his lovely finance's fab performance at sectionals last week!

I was thinking the EXACT same thing. Caroline looked so beautiful and skated so well that she should be an inspiration to every skater who has ever gone through a rough patch in their career.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm up for Bychenko and Jason qualifying for the GPF. That would be pretty great.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Yuzuru is 9 and indeed, he shall be dressed to the nines. The lighting is quite bright at NHK though so we might get floating torso+head version of Let's Go Crazy.

Will there be any pictures or videos from the drawing of the starting order?

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Grant is still going to be there as far as I know. After the tough time he had at Sk Can, I just couldn't rank him that high. He was dead last in the SP and I think 8/12 in the FS. And now he has switched back to his old SP, so we'll see how ready he is with that. I hope he has a much better competition this time around! Go Grant! :)

Such a shame Grant is hitting a rough patch (I guess this is prediction thread, but what's a little thread drift), I did well putting Grant at 4th in each GP last year, where he in fact came in fourth. I can't see it this year, but I hope he does well! :clap:

ETA: And I love how he and Jason are such buddies in the photo of the SP draw posted above. I remember that USFS (? I think) interview at Champs Camp and smile just thinking about it, they were great fun together.:laugh:

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Jason is an absolutely perfect spot. The end of the first which also includes Nathan Chen. The person who really can't afford to have a bad performance in the SP is definitely Grant. He has to perform right after Hanyu however, it could be a blessing in disguise if he has the skate of his life. The crowd will still be fired up from Hanyu's performance and there will still a buzz going through the crowd while Grants is warming up. It's a lot of pressure but, if he handles it well, it could work in his favor.

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
These are great! Everyone looks really happy:thank:

Who's the blonde guy in the back row on the far left? He's the skater who (IMO) looks like he could be Yulia's brother and skates Like Illia Kulik. I loved him at his last event. It's Mikhail Kolyada. I love that guy.

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Who's the blonde guy in the back row on the far left? He's skater who (IMO) looks like he could be Yulia's brother and skates Like Illia Kulik. I loved him at his last event. It's Mikhail Kolyada. I love that guy.

:laugh: Yes, Mika is said to resemble Kulik a lot so is his 3A. Mika picked the first to compete.

da96103

Record Breaker
Put your prediction here:

Who will sit with Nathan Chen at KnC? Choose your number.

1. Marina only.
2. Rafa only.
3. Both Marina and Rafa.
4. Nathan sits alone.
5. Nathan sits alone with commotion in the background.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker

1. Marina only.
2. Rafa only.
3. Both Marina and Rafa.
4. Nathan sits alone.

6.Patrick Chan

mrrice

Record Breaker

1. Marina only.
2. Rafa only.
3. Both Marina and Rafa.
4. Nathan sits alone.

I love this question.......Since Patrick, Adam, and Ashley all have the week off.......I say Both Marina and Raf.

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Yes, this is such an unbelievably... cute and cheery line-up! I like basically every skater here, and down right love so many of them. I'm not sure yet how my nerves are supposed to survive this :laugh:

Just think of all the adorable possible podium combinations! And all the lovely cheering for each other! I want medals for at least the top 6 and all the podium selfies :love:

Good luck to every one!:cheer:
Medals for everyone I say!!!! :yahoo:

Look at Elladj photobombing :laugh2:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cx_tfKGVQAAS3g5.jpg

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
as I predicted this thread will have 5+ pages before the actual event will start :laugh:, but this is an usual thread with Yuzuru involved as a competitor - when you have a superstar like him, discussion is making by itself

in case I won't be there before the event starts or I'll forget, just want to give my :ghug: for healthy, fierce competition, rotated, multiple quads, cuteness of Mikhail SP, Alexei's tattoos, Grant's spins and Yuzuru transferring 'Let's get crazy' title to the audience and beyond!:cheer:

on a side note - does Voronov still have any chance of qualifying to GPF? Would LOVE to see him and Bychenko (or one of them) in GPF, love me some #roaringveteransofFS