2016 NHK Trophy Men SP | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2016 NHK Trophy Men SP

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
Seeing how unpredictable things turnout last night,i am hoping kolyada will qualify in the GPF, even though it will be VERY hard...but not impossible ;)

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Hanyu just did the best tribute to Mao ever, in his lilac costume.
WTH was the designer thinking stuck in the 70s, Prince is more 80s/90s different shade of purple pls, ideally darker, brighter, striking, more sexy and more pizzazz not the lady in lavender!

Jason did the best tribute to Han Yan ever in his Chinese waiter's costume as well. To his credit, it was a designer gear for once, because the fitting was good and makes his lines really outstanding and striking. Both programs are weird fitting for them IMHO. Hanyu was better in the 2nd half, but just missed the mark for 'Let's go crazy'. While Jason is far too Forrest Gump for such sophisticated melancholy song, Jason continues to prove he is the one toned performer. Tone = happy. Everything just happy and go, little nuances or layers or any details in his music interpretation. I don't think he even reflects the song emotions at any one time.

Weirdly, if they had switched their music, it will vastly improve their natural style.

I should thank Jason though. For making my dream for an Adam and Nathen US team a closer reality. :devil::devil::devil:

I do have to say though, the best performance of the event is Kenji or me, completely out of the left field. Hino is a pleasant surprise as well. I seem to vaguely remember watching Hino in his juniors days compete with the likes of Han Yan and Hanyu, it is funny to watch him grown up, doing well and still competing.

Nathen... on his way to becoming the new mini Patrick, the most threatened/disliked competitor and the most admired/love skater. An awesome feat to try defeat Hanyu / BoYang as the ultimate quadmeister this season. His junior recklessness and unpredictability actually make me looking forward to the sport more to see how he progresses.

Well well... I am sure looking forward to the FS fallout.

I predict it will be the one Hanyu finally beat Patrick in the PCS in his last FS... much to many's indignations (including mine), but not enough to beat Javier's PCS, much to Hanyu fan's indignation.
I expect to see some crazy GOEs as well.

I predict there are likely to be at least 10 pages on this issue after the slaughter for sure... slaughtering of sensible scoring standard. Frankly, at this point, I just want COP warts to go nuclear and ISU be destroyed once and for all and something sensible can be be put back again. It just ain't working for the rest of the world outside Russia, Japan, Canada and the US.

Last edited: