20 Karoliina LUHTONEN FIN 102.49 23 18
21 Elzbieta GABRYSZAK POL 97.32 18 24
22 Jelizaveta LEONOVA EST 96.53 22 22
23 Juni Marie BENJAMINSEN NOR 95.63 21 23
24 Alina SUPONENKO BLR 94.74 24 21
25 Vilte RADZILAVICIUTE LTU 80.24 25 25

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Golden Spin is still left, but I guess she is not on the list. ...

USFS would not have been able to assign Mariah to Golden Spin, even if it [hypothetically] wanted to.
Tallinn Trophy already was Mariah's third Challenger of the season.
Three is the max, per the ISU rules for the Challenger Series.

Happy Thanksgiving to the Americans in Tallinn :).
I hope they are able to have some kind of celebration, as their counterparts at NHK did :cool:.
Wishing Mariah the best at Nationals :ghug:. Congratulations to Bradie :bow:. Good luck to Andrew :yay:.

ETA: Sorry that I neglected to say belated congratulations to Ellie and Alex :bow:.​

Last edited:

acronycal0730

Rinkside
good skate from Sima! Not perfect, but no doubt the best performance this season, so glad to see her finally delivers :). I enjoy watching her, hope that she will keep improving and do well in Russia Nationals.

But I'm not a fan of Konstantinova, I think she is overscored both programs. Her skating is labored, she seems stiff and a bit awkward on ice, and most of her jumps are wonky...I'm surprised that her TES is that high.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
good skate from Sima! Not perfect, but no doubt the best performance this season, so glad to see her finally delivers :). I enjoy watching her, hope that she will keep improving and do well in Russia Nationals.

But I'm not a fan of Konstantinova, I think she is overscored both programs. Her skating is labored, she seems stiff and a bit awkward on ice, and most of her jumps are wonky...I'm surprised that her TES is that high.

Took the words out of my mouth...thankfully Sima seems to be progressing well and this should be a confidence boost for her.

I don't really notice Stasya's posture but the program is too frantic, landings are very messy. I truly wish her team (including Mikhail) would move on from the Cirque du Soleil programs - it's getting really tedious.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No Russian podium sweep after all. Please get Konstantinova a ballet lesson for better postures or train with Gubanova.

I think everyone should have a lesson in posture and use of arms from Anastasia.....everyone :yes: #13YearOldBoss

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I understand Anastasiia going by Stasya but why does Stanislava use it also. Why not Stanya :think:

moriel

Record Breaker
I understand Anastasiia going by Stasya but why does Stanislava use it also. Why not Stanya :think:

Hmm in russian, commonly, Anastasiia = Nastya and sometimes Stasya (this is less common) and Stanislava = Stasya. But not a law either, can depend a lot of the person and family / friends and so on.

I think there is some logic behind it, because, for example, a guy called Stanislav could be called Stas.

In general, its pretty common to skip the middle part of the name when giving a pet name: for example Serafima is called Sima and not Sera, lets say. Tatyana - Tanya (and not Tata or Taty).
Not a must, and not all pet names are created this way, but it happens.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks....I guess Anastasia goes by Nastya then and not Stasya. I feel like I'm reading Tolstoy again and can't keep anyone's names straight.

I still think AnaStasya is the most logical though :yes:

Thank you Moriel :)

Last edited:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Stanislava has better days, but I am glad she won here. I believe her performance at Tallinn Trophy last year (as a junior) was better with the same program. I love her fire on ice, and the fact her fire is not generated by facial expression.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Stanislava has better days, but I am glad she won here. I believe her performance at Tallinn Trophy last year (as a junior) was better with the same program. I love her fire on ice, and the fact her fire is not generated by facial expression.

She had same SP last year, her FP is new.

kalee

On the Ice
Really enjoyed Natalia's FP music :luv17: Looking forward to seeing her again on Russian Senior nationals!
All saying, it wasn't Mariah's best skate of the season, but still better than she was last year. Form fluctuates over the season anyway, so what's important is for her to be back to her peak at US nationals.
Stasya's SP was different last year and I feel that both years, the SP was more flattering for her than the FP (which has remained the same).

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
The jet leg, immense pressure, inconsistency and body condition can be attributed to the showing. She looked very nervous from the start.

Overall, I thought she performed well despite the mistakes. In her short, on her combo, looks like she got the second one round, but had to fight for the landing. I think she let this mistake shake her mentally, that's why the fall on the flip. In the long, she fell on her loop, again, that was right after the mistake in her opening combo, doubling the second triple. And she was behind in her music at the end, which is probably why she fell on her last flip.

shame....she's such a high quality skater. It's frustrating the inconsistency of the US ladies...I don't get it :(