Russian Nationals 2017 General Info | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Russian Nationals 2017 General Info

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah, Ari & Tatjana mentioned that earlier today during the men's LP, I think. I was wondering if that's where it came from or if there's another source...

Of course it is. They said they would ask since she wondered where Gorshkov was and a judge was like he heard he probably retired. They are both reliable so I wouldn't consider this gossip.

hanca

Record Breaker
4th place would be truly miraculous result. Her best total score this season is 182. Even with two perfect programs it's unreasonable to expect much more than 185. The event would need to be a total disaster for most of everybody else for this score to end up at 4th. I get you point though. Yes it can be beneficial to make good impression at senior nationals. It's just that you need do something really exceptional to get noticed as a junior these days. Doing decently well and ending up somewhere in the middle of the final table will not do it.

I hate to say this, but I told you so! You thought that fourth place from a junior would be a miracle. Well, Zagitova managed even better than fourth. She is second!

Mattieu

Medalist
I hate to say this, but I told you so! You thought that fourth place from a junior would be a miracle. Well, Zagitova managed even better than fourth. She is second!

Ha ha she was amazing, with the highest TES.
Look out Med, your days at the top are coming to an end, they younger generation is coming!

Pracygr

On the Ice
Ehh, no, I was saying that 4th place for Samodurova would be a miracle. Should be pretty obvious since I'm referring to a specific skater and even citing her recent scores. As per my original point, after finishing at expected 9th Sofia is very unlikely to have improved her chances at upcoming junior nationals, making this event more or less just a show skate for her. It's not all in vain though, as she looked like she enjoyed it.

As for juniors in general, what I said was that you need to do something really exceptional to get noticed. Well, this is what Alina is doing right now so...